Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Insider

In Di Maria's defence , coming to England there was always going to be a bedding in period , learning new language , culture difference and having to deal with break in . What's Luke Shaws excuse . Team has performed way better without him. . Blind seems more suited to left back . Maybe Southampton will swap him for Clyne

Boycey

Quote from: The Insider on April 10, 2015, 02:11:21 PM
In Di Maria's defence , coming to England there was always going to be a bedding in period , learning new language , culture difference and having to deal with break in . What's Luke Shaws excuse . Team has performed way better without him. . Blind seems more suited to left back . Maybe Southampton will swap him for Clyne

He's 19

NAG1

Quote from: Boycey on April 10, 2015, 02:22:27 PM
Quote from: The Insider on April 10, 2015, 02:11:21 PM

He's 19

Yeah he is young and to be fair he has been interrupted by a good few injuries this season which wont have helped him. Hopefully next season will come back stronger and better equipped to deal with it. He doesnt lose the ability that he showed at Southampton in that short space of time, hard to judge him on the limited game time he got this season.

Any chat of summer signings yet? I know it is early and I suppose it will depend if they can hold a top four slot as to which players will actually come in!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 10, 2015, 02:05:49 PM
Quote from: Boycey on April 10, 2015, 01:29:45 PM
22 years ago today, where do the years go  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p3zfAHV0yI

I think Network/RTE 2 used to show Prem games delayed by 30 minutes on a Saturday and that was the game that day. After the devastation of the previous season that was the moment we knew it was going to end.

22 years ago. Getting old....

Correct, I was in Dublin with my wife. (girlfriend at the time) Brussels bar Grafton street, delayed match on Rte as you said.. Gloriously sunny day if I remember
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2015, 11:47:41 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 10, 2015, 02:05:49 PM
Quote from: Boycey on April 10, 2015, 01:29:45 PM
22 years ago today, where do the years go  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p3zfAHV0yI

I think Network/RTE 2 used to show Prem games delayed by 30 minutes on a Saturday and that was the game that day. After the devastation of the previous season that was the moment we knew it was going to end.

22 years ago. Getting old....

Correct, I was in Dublin with my wife. (girlfriend at the time) Brussels bar Grafton street, delayed match on Rte as you said.. Gloriously sunny day if I remember

Funnily I don't remember it being on tv, rather I was listening to it on 5live or Radio 2 as it probably still was at the time. Seanie said earlier that it was the moment that we knew we were going to end the 26 year wait, after the previous years horror I darent believe until Oldham had beaten Villa weeks later.

StGallsGAA

The problem with Shaw is that he binges on fish suppers by the look of it. 

GJL

Massive game today. Would be great to beat them and secure 3rd.

Minder

Quote from: GJL on April 12, 2015, 01:01:05 PM

There will be some open top bus tour if youse can manage that !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ballinaman

Quote from: Minder on April 12, 2015, 01:03:57 PM

WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE, NOW YOU'RE GONNA BELIEEEEEV US! WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE...
Smoke bombs and flags at the ready!
8)

laoislad

Quote from: ballinaman on April 12, 2015, 01:06:06 PM

WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE, NOW YOU'RE GONNA BELIEEEEEV US! WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE...
8)
Hey I thought being from Mayo you'd sympathise with anyone finishing 2nd....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on April 12, 2015, 01:18:39 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on April 12, 2015, 01:06:06 PM

8)
Hey I thought being from Mayo you'd sympathise with anyone finishing 2nd....
I absolutely do.....Mayo pool supporters are a particularly tortured bunch..don't know how they cope.

GJL

You looking forward to another exciting year in the Europa League?

screenexile

City on it today!! Should have at least 2 and only 9 mins in.

Can they maintain this level though??

Captain Obvious

Quote from: screenexile on April 12, 2015, 04:10:34 PM
City on it today!! Should have at least 2 and only 9 mins in.

Can they maintain this level though??
No they couldn't maintain it and find themselves 2-1 behind now.

heganboy

I have a question for rules guys here. On the Fellaini goal, my 8 year old claims that Rooney was offside and the goal should not be given because Hart moved to cover the offside man first when the ball was crossed so therefore he was interfering with play, even though the big fella who scored was not.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity