Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: snoopdog on March 25, 2015, 05:39:30 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 25, 2015, 05:27:14 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on March 25, 2015, 04:59:48 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 23, 2015, 01:04:09 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on March 23, 2015, 12:16:30 PM
i dont think Rooney can play up top on his own. he needs Falcao/RVP beside him. Or else he plays behind Falcao/RVP. yesterday was prob the lest effective ive seen him in a utd jersey.
Need Arsenal to beat Pool and us to beat Villa in  2 weeks to give us breathing space going into City Chelsea.
I think on head to heads for the top 5 teams United lead that little table at the moment

He's well able to play upfront on his own he's just not as good as many United fans think. The last thing we need is for him to be partnered with another centre forward with no pace, its been tried several times for the last 3 years and it doesn't work. Its one from Rooney or RVP currently as Falcao has been hopeless.

I think the Rooney RVP partnership worked pretty well 2 seasons ago. Falcao hasnt been given the chance,  Uniteds strikers have been feeding on scraps all season due to LVG's system. If Falcao had wingers crossing the ball into him i have no doubt he would have been banging the goals in. he will be a success next season wherever he goes, hopefully it wont be to Chelsea or Liverpool
Rooney is prob our most important outfield player, granted he was terrible on sunday but when he isnt in the team they suffer big time.

They barely played together as a front 2, Rooney was injured a fair bit and was either played out wide in big games or was dropped like he was against Real Madrid.

Falcao may well prove to be a success somewhere else next season but he won't get anywhere near the level he was previously at. He's nearly 30 and has had 3 cruciate injuries, we took a gamble and it hasn't worked.

i think the played together in 27 games with a tally of 33 goals, cant argue with that,

Rooney was played out wide in our biggest away games of the season against Real and was dropped for the home game. Fergie knew they couldn't play together, their 2 similar and both lack place. Porto in 2004 were the last team playing 2 up front to win a Champions League. If you're going to play 2 upfront you need pace and both players are far from quick and Rooney especially is getting slower each season.

nrico2006

I think there is a bit of a misconception about Rooney and pace.  He has as much pace as most strikers in the premier league, but what he (and the majority of the PL strikers) don't do is beat men with the ball.  I think its more the lack of dribbles etc that Rooney doesn;t go on that contributes to this notion that he is a snail. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Maroon Manc

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 26, 2015, 01:25:34 PM
I think there is a bit of a misconception about Rooney and pace.  He has as much pace as most strikers in the premier league, but what he (and the majority of the PL strikers) don't do is beat men with the ball.  I think its more the lack of dribbles etc that Rooney doesn;t go on that contributes to this notion that he is a snail.

Rooney used to be quick, ever since that injury against Bayern in 2010 his pace has deteriorated every season.

screenexile

Plus he's a fat ****!

GJL

"Manchester United's decline is one of the reasons why English football is out of Europe. Nobody took their place."

Fabio Capello

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on March 26, 2015, 02:05:01 PM

Plus he's a fat ****!

He thinks highly of you  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maroon Manc

Smalling not injured last just ill. Hoping we keep the same team for Saturday. Not sure if RVP will be back on the bench.

I see Danilo is signed for Real so Id imagine we'll go after Clyne, would prefer him to Alves who will probably hold Barca to ransom given their situation.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 26, 2015, 04:59:43 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 26, 2015, 02:05:01 PM

Plus he's a fat ****!

He thinks highly of you  ;D
Stats released this week have Rooney as one of the fasted players in Europe. I admit to watching some of the England game last night, there were a couple of runs he made where he was out-sprinting everyone so I have to agree there is a bit of a misconception.

gallsman

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 01, 2015, 11:15:15 AM
Smalling not injured last just ill. Hoping we keep the same team for Saturday. Not sure if RVP will be back on the bench.

I see Danilo is signed for Real so Id imagine we'll go after Clyne, would prefer him to Alves who will probably hold Barca to ransom given their situation.

Southampton would love a big bid for Clyne I imagine.

beer baron

What disgusting amount would saints want for Clyne? Hopefully we use some common sense this summer.

laoislad

Quote from: beer baron on April 01, 2015, 12:37:31 PM
What disgusting amount would saints want for Clyne? Hopefully we use some common sense this summer.
Maybe ye could pay €25million to get him on loan for a season...
But sure who would be stupid enough to do that.... ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

If Marquinhos is available and Southampton want Shaw-type money for Clyne, he'd be a vastly superior option.

beer baron

Quote from: laoislad on April 01, 2015, 12:42:18 PM
Quote from: beer baron on April 01, 2015, 12:37:31 PM
Maybe ye could pay €25million to get him on loan for a season...
But sure who would be stupid enough to do that.... ;)

Nearly as stupid as spending that kind of money before wages on Lovren  ;D or similar on Soldado or similar on Matic after getting rid of him previously.

oakleaflad

Quote from: gallsman on April 01, 2015, 12:44:34 PM
If Marquinhos is available and Southampton want Shaw-type money for Clyne, he'd be a vastly superior option.
Is Marquinhos not a Centre Half though and Clyne a full back?

gallsman

Quote from: oakleaflad on April 01, 2015, 01:02:13 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 01, 2015, 12:44:34 PM
Is Marquinhos not a Centre Half though and Clyne a full back?

He can play either. Both of them better than Phil Jones  ;)