Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewildcat

bit silly calling city a cash cow when united when out and spent up to 150 million on players and the money they have spent on falaco only for a season loan crazy, and to never be in the title chase and no CL football this season . they have 1 world class player and thats Rooney without him this season united would be only 6th or 7th and thats a fact.

mb80b60

Quote from: Thewildcat on April 07, 2015, 04:51:18 PM
bit silly calling city a cash cow when united when out and spent up to 150 million on players and the money they have spent on falaco only for a season loan crazy, and to never be in the title chase and no CL football this season . they have 1 world class player and thats Rooney without him this season united would be only 6th or 7th and thats a fact.

Do you not think De Gea has been better than Rooney?

ballinaman

I know you're a wum but c'mon like, city offer nothing more than money and that's why I think they are a cash cow.....history ect, I'd think a lot more of Liverpool, Arsenal as clubs than City.
Think United can spend their money whatever way they like, since they generate it themselves...you know after years of success and history ect!

Regarding being in 6th of 7th position, cheers for that, wasn't aware. Maybe start a fact of the day thread. ;)

Thewildcat

Quote from: mb80b60 on April 07, 2015, 05:01:49 PM

yes De Gea is a top class keeper and has done his bit and won points for united this season but Rooney is the one who makes them tick.

GJL

Quote from: Thewildcat on April 07, 2015, 06:03:24 PM
Quote from: mb80b60 on April 07, 2015, 05:01:49 PM

yes De Gea is a top class keeper and has done his bit and won points for united this season but Rooney is the one who makes them tick.
Rooney does indeed make them tick but others have stepped up as the season progressed. Young and Herrera have been very good. Carrick has a massive influence on any game he plays. Even Fellaini is having a good season. UTD should have no bother finishing top four now and then strengthen further in the summer.

Thewildcat

yes Fellaini yet everyone laugh at Moyes when he sign him for united ::) and his better than Di Maria and the price he cost.

magpie seanie

Fellaini is having a good season but Di Maria has more assists than anyone bar Fabregas this season. Not bad for a player well below his best.

screenexile

Quote from: ballinaman on April 07, 2015, 05:29:25 PM
I know you're a wum but c'mon like, city offer nothing more than money and that's why I think they are a cash cow.....history ect, I'd think a lot more of Liverpool, Arsenal as clubs than City.
Think United can spend their money whatever way they like, since they generate it themselves...you know after years of success and history ect!

Regarding being in 6th of 7th position, cheers for that, wasn't aware. Maybe start a fact of the day thread. ;)

I know people say it sometimes about the history of the club but has anyone really went to a club because of their history??

Money, Chance of a trophy and then family considerations I'd imagine and that's your lot!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on April 08, 2015, 12:10:16 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on April 07, 2015, 05:29:25 PM

I know people say it sometimes about the history of the club but has anyone really went to a club because of their history??

Money, Chance of a trophy and then family considerations I'd imagine and that's your lot!

Course, kids grow up playing in the streets scoring the winning goal in the FA cup Champions league final playing for 'big club' not Burnley or Carlisle!! Unless you're from said places
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on April 10, 2015, 01:29:45 PM
22 years ago today, where do the years go  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p3zfAHV0yI

I think Network/RTE 2 used to show Prem games delayed by 30 minutes on a Saturday and that was the game that day. After the devastation of the previous season that was the moment we knew it was going to end.

22 years ago. Getting old....

The Insider

In Di Maria's defence , coming to England there was always going to be a bedding in period , learning new language , culture difference and having to deal with break in . What's Luke Shaws excuse . Team has performed way better without him. . Blind seems more suited to left back . Maybe Southampton will swap him for Clyne

Boycey

Quote from: The Insider on April 10, 2015, 02:11:21 PM
In Di Maria's defence , coming to England there was always going to be a bedding in period , learning new language , culture difference and having to deal with break in . What's Luke Shaws excuse . Team has performed way better without him. . Blind seems more suited to left back . Maybe Southampton will swap him for Clyne

He's 19

NAG1

Quote from: Boycey on April 10, 2015, 02:22:27 PM
Quote from: The Insider on April 10, 2015, 02:11:21 PM

He's 19

Yeah he is young and to be fair he has been interrupted by a good few injuries this season which wont have helped him. Hopefully next season will come back stronger and better equipped to deal with it. He doesnt lose the ability that he showed at Southampton in that short space of time, hard to judge him on the limited game time he got this season.

Any chat of summer signings yet? I know it is early and I suppose it will depend if they can hold a top four slot as to which players will actually come in!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 10, 2015, 02:05:49 PM
Quote from: Boycey on April 10, 2015, 01:29:45 PM
22 years ago today, where do the years go  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p3zfAHV0yI

I think Network/RTE 2 used to show Prem games delayed by 30 minutes on a Saturday and that was the game that day. After the devastation of the previous season that was the moment we knew it was going to end.

22 years ago. Getting old....

Correct, I was in Dublin with my wife. (girlfriend at the time) Brussels bar Grafton street, delayed match on Rte as you said.. Gloriously sunny day if I remember
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea