Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

I see Renee got the boot at Fulham already

TabClear

Quote from: snoopdog on February 14, 2014, 10:12:35 PM
I see Renee got the boot at Fulham already

that's a joke. whenyou look at what happened malky at Cardiff there are some clowns in charge at premier leagueq clubs

under the bar

I'd hope Fergie and everyone else in authority will do their utmost to get  Renee Mulensteen back to United to help Moyes steady the ship and restore the winning psychology.   You can't expect to run Ferrari on your own having been in charge of Ford the week before!!

muppet

Quote from: worn down on February 14, 2014, 09:07:20 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 14, 2014, 08:22:38 PM
Quote from: worn down on February 14, 2014, 07:50:30 PM
You have too much time on your hands.

Welcome.

You remind me of the first time I saw the inside of a bar.

I thought: They don't just sit there and drink, do they?

Your round.

sometimes we go to the toilet when our counterparts begin to bore us.

We all have our guilty pleasures.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

TabClear

Quote from: under the bar on February 14, 2014, 11:03:50 PM
I'd hope Fergie and everyone else in authority will do their utmost to get  Renee Mulensteen back to United to help Moyes steady the ship and restore the winning psychology.   You can't expect to run Ferrari on your own having been in charge of Ford the week before!!

Fergie needs to disappear into the sunset.It's not helping moyes every time a goal is scored the camera cuts to him.

he's posted his hospital pass now just go.

under the bar

QuoteFergie needs to disappear into the sunset.It's not helping moyes every time a goal is scored the camera cuts to him

I'm sure Moyes has more to occupy his time than watching United games on Super Sunday...

TabClear

Quote from: under the bar on February 14, 2014, 11:46:04 PM
QuoteFergie needs to disappear into the sunset.It's not helping moyes every time a goal is scored the camera cuts to him

I'm sure Moyes has more to occupy his time than watching United games on Super Sunday...

I'm sure he does as well.But you think  the constant media focus on the ex manager is helping then?

magpie seanie

I think getting Meulensteen back would be a very positive move. However it would be Moyes and/or United admitting they were wrong to get rid of him in the first place. I think in this situation pride needs to be buried. If Meulensteen is as good a No.2 as I suspect he is then it could actually end up working out very well!

rodney trotter

Muelensteen was very smug after the game last Sunday, smirking at the tactics by Moyes after the game. Doubt he would want to work with him. Anyway Moyes replaced him last summer and the rest of the back room team, if was to bring in some else to work along side him it would hardly be someone  he let go last summer.

magpie seanie

Well Moyes did admit Meulensteen knows the United players better than he does.

rodney trotter

True, I dont think it would happen though.

magpie seanie

Yeah - you're probably right.

gallsman

Meulensteen is a coach, not a tactician capable of being a manager or assistant. As coach, his role is to instruct the players in the style of football the manager wishes - I'm not sure he'd have any real impact under Moyes' management.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 13, 2014, 02:19:05 PM
Quote from: Hound on February 13, 2014, 02:15:30 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on February 13, 2014, 02:04:44 PM
Sorry, Falcao, yeah. Well there is lots of attractions in Monaco, huge money too. City signed Aguero when a lot big names were after him. They weren't in the Cl at the time.
Yip, money talks.
Between transfer fee and 5 year contract, City stumped up £100m for Aguero.
Most players could be persudaded to give up one year out of the CL in return for bags of cash.

City were pretty much guaranteed success though with their money, united are not. Likewise they are not in the same league as PSG & Monaco when it comes to wages

Offering 300k a week to Rooney. Yeah nowhere near PSG or Monaco

gallsman

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 16, 2014, 12:17:45 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 13, 2014, 02:19:05 PM
Quote from: Hound on February 13, 2014, 02:15:30 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on February 13, 2014, 02:04:44 PM
Sorry, Falcao, yeah. Well there is lots of attractions in Monaco, huge money too. City signed Aguero when a lot big names were after him. They weren't in the Cl at the time.
Yip, money talks.
Between transfer fee and 5 year contract, City stumped up £100m for Aguero.
Most players could be persudaded to give up one year out of the CL in return for bags of cash.

City were pretty much guaranteed success though with their money, united are not. Likewise they are not in the same league as PSG & Monaco when it comes to wages

Offering 300k a week to Rooney. Yeah nowhere near PSG or Monaco

PSG have to suffer (for now) France's rules around "millionaire tax". Check out how much they actually have to spend to pay Ibra his net wages. They can do this because of the sheer wealth of the owners and it's like a drop in the ocean. You think United (or anybody else not bankrolled by petrodollars) can compete with that?