Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Quote from: beer baron on July 15, 2015, 07:08:20 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 15, 2015, 06:42:30 PM
Benteke

Really? Not sure Utds possession game will play to his strengths  :-\ Good and all a player he is.

Villa leak to raise the stakes with Liverpool

Over the Bar

Presumably Utd know they already have a new striker in the bag before letting RVP go?  Any ideas who it might be?

stew

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 14, 2015, 02:43:15 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on July 14, 2015, 08:26:56 AM
The reaction of the Bayern support and his former team mates speaks volumes. This guy won a World Cup 12 months ago. Lots of players have a bad season after a major championships. I expect him to be a great addition for United.

As I've repeatedly said - spending money on players wages and transfers fees leaves less for those bloodsuckers to pocket so it's the lesser of two evils. The amounts involved are of course obscene but that's unfortunately the way soccer has gone.

Paying £14m for him is brilliant business, first thing I'd do is make him captain, he has better English than Rooney.

His best position will probably be where Carrick plays although he's certainly capable of playing further forward; He ran 15km in the world cup final which shows what he's capable of. He had an injury he picked up at the world cup which forced him to miss the first few months of the season hence why he played 28 games.

Central midfield has gone from our weakest positon to probably our strongest with Schweinsteiger, Carrick, Schniederlin, Fellaini & Herrera to chose from although Di Maria & Mata can both play there.

Squad is looking good, just a centre half and centre forward to come in and if their of good quality our squad will be stronger than Chelsea's & City's. City especially look average in midfield with just Fernando, Ferandinho and an ageing Toure to chose from although Nasri can play there its been several years since he played well consistently.

The man is a kick up the arse off being 31 years old, he played less and less for Bayern over the past three seasons due to injury and the fact they reckon they are dead on without him, when fit he is an incredible athlete who will be a box to box MF we have not seen since Keane, that said I think he will miss more then he will play due to injury, I hope I am wrong but injuries take their toll, still, it will be some craic see that beast roaming Old Trafford.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 13, 2015, 09:30:01 PM

£14m is buttons when you're looking for world class quality. £180k per week is par for the course for that type of quality now also.

Too many teams are playing in the little leagues trying to spend on potential and invest with the hope of developing world class players. When you've the money it makes no sense to low ball either selling club or the target in the current market with 10/12 top european clubs capable of at least matching the terms.

Not when the quality is nigh on 31 years old with a lot of miles on the clock and has lost a step or two, he still is a class act but 14 million plus big wages............. I just dont think he will be worth it in the end, can this guy help this team as it sits win the title? Nope, he is limited to who he can play with, same thing with his direct replacement Carrick.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

tiempo

The transfer market is such a mind-f**k. Schneiderlin to Utd for approx £25m and Southampton go and sign Jordy Clasie for £8m to replace him. Clasie is a very good player and an excellent value signing.

Utd did not need to spend £25m, they could have negotiated for a more realistic fee of 15-18 for Schneiderlin. City didn't need to spend 49 odd on Sterling, they should have played hard ball around the £30m mark.

There is no rational thought being placed on the actual value of these players, and sticking to what a realistic valuation is instead of just paying over the odds to get the deal done.

Utd, Liverpool, City and Arsenal should all be clambering to sign Van Djik the CB at Celtic, he'll end up at Swansea for about £8m have two good seasons and go to a top club for £25m+.

What are the scouts and recruitment officers doing at these clubs, promoted to the level of their incompetence it seems. There are a lot of top quality value players passing the top clubs by year after year due to poor scouting/recruitment.

DennistheMenace

Cannot wait for this season now, some astute signings by LVG. Has to be aiming for the title.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: tiempo on July 16, 2015, 12:07:30 AM
The transfer market is such a mind-f**k. Schneiderlin to Utd for approx £25m and Southampton go and sign Jordy Clasie for £8m to replace him. Clasie is a very good player and an excellent value signing.

Utd did not need to spend £25m, they could have negotiated for a more realistic fee of 15-18 for Schneiderlin. City didn't need to spend 49 odd on Sterling, they should have played hard ball around the £30m mark.

There is no rational thought being placed on the actual value of these players, and sticking to what a realistic valuation is instead of just paying over the odds to get the deal done.

Utd, Liverpool, City and Arsenal should all be clambering to sign Van Djik the CB at Celtic, he'll end up at Swansea for about £8m have two good seasons and go to a top club for £25m+.

What are the scouts and recruitment officers doing at these clubs, promoted to the level of their incompetence it seems. There are a lot of top quality value players passing the top clubs by year after year due to poor scouting/recruitment.

Soton didn't need to sell though, their not under financial pressure. He did have 2 years left on his contract and perhaps if United had left it to the last few days of the transfer window they might have got him cheaper but LVG wanted him for the US tour which meant United paying over the odds. United's other 3 signings are good value. Look at Depay, he's probably similar to Sterling in what they've achieved so far whilst Depay cost £21m and Sterling will at least cost £47m.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 16, 2015, 02:02:23 PM

Soton didn't need to sell though, their not under financial pressure. He did have 2 years left on his contract and perhaps if United had left it to the last few days of the transfer window they might have got him cheaper but LVG wanted him for the US tour which meant United paying over the odds. United's other 3 signings are good value. Look at Depay, he's probably similar to Sterling in what they've achieved so far whilst Depay cost £21m and Sterling will at least cost £47m.

I would agree with Maroon, paid slightly over the odds for him but if he settles in quicker through being on the tour then that will be seen as a price worth paying by LVG.

I honestly think (and hope) that Depay signing will make the Sterling one look even more absurd than it already does.

Be interesting to see if Liverpool use this money better than the Torres money. I would be hoping that LVG would be looking toward Lewondoski or Cavanni more so than other more over priced strikers already in the EPL.

pullhard

OakleafCounty

Quote from: NAG1 on July 16, 2015, 02:47:57 PM

I would agree with Maroon, paid slightly over the odds for him but if he settles in quicker through being on the tour then that will be seen as a price worth paying by LVG.

I honestly think (and hope) that Depay signing will make the Sterling one look even more absurd than it already does.

Be interesting to see if Liverpool use this money better than the Torres money. I would be hoping that LVG would be looking toward Lewondoski or Cavanni more so than other more over priced strikers already in the EPL.

I think Cavanni's overrated. Never made a big impression with PSG and I don't think he's physical enough for english league. I'd take Benteke over him any day. Lewandowski is a pipedream. He's one of Bayerns most valued assets so it definitly won't happen this year.

rodney trotter

Cavani wouldn't be physical enough for the PL? He is built like a tank.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: OakleafCounty on July 16, 2015, 03:24:05 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on July 16, 2015, 02:47:57 PM

I think Cavanni's overrated. Never made a big impression with PSG and I don't think he's physical enough for english league. I'd take Benteke over him any day. Lewandowski is a pipedream. He's one of Bayerns most valued assets so it definitly won't happen this year.

Agree. Cavanni is over rated and isnt anywhere near the level of Suarez. United would be better buying Benzema.

Bingo

Ramos off to Bayern?

Further appear to suggest that De Gea is staying.

United fans be happy with missing Ramos but keeping De Gea? I would be.

NAG1

Quote from: Bingo on July 16, 2015, 03:32:45 PM
Ramos off to Bayern?

Further appear to suggest that De Gea is staying.

United fans be happy with missing Ramos but keeping De Gea? I would be.

I for one would be