Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Cavani wouldn't be physical enough for the PL? He is built like a tank.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: OakleafCounty on July 16, 2015, 03:24:05 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on July 16, 2015, 02:47:57 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 16, 2015, 02:02:23 PM
Quote from: tiempo on July 16, 2015, 12:07:30 AM
The transfer market is such a mind-f**k. Schneiderlin to Utd for approx £25m and Southampton go and sign Jordy Clasie for £8m to replace him. Clasie is a very good player and an excellent value signing.

Utd did not need to spend £25m, they could have negotiated for a more realistic fee of 15-18 for Schneiderlin. City didn't need to spend 49 odd on Sterling, they should have played hard ball around the £30m mark.

There is no rational thought being placed on the actual value of these players, and sticking to what a realistic valuation is instead of just paying over the odds to get the deal done.

Utd, Liverpool, City and Arsenal should all be clambering to sign Van Djik the CB at Celtic, he'll end up at Swansea for about £8m have two good seasons and go to a top club for £25m+.

What are the scouts and recruitment officers doing at these clubs, promoted to the level of their incompetence it seems. There are a lot of top quality value players passing the top clubs by year after year due to poor scouting/recruitment.

Soton didn't need to sell though, their not under financial pressure. He did have 2 years left on his contract and perhaps if United had left it to the last few days of the transfer window they might have got him cheaper but LVG wanted him for the US tour which meant United paying over the odds. United's other 3 signings are good value. Look at Depay, he's probably similar to Sterling in what they've achieved so far whilst Depay cost £21m and Sterling will at least cost £47m.

I would agree with Maroon, paid slightly over the odds for him but if he settles in quicker through being on the tour then that will be seen as a price worth paying by LVG.

I honestly think (and hope) that Depay signing will make the Sterling one look even more absurd than it already does.

Be interesting to see if Liverpool use this money better than the Torres money. I would be hoping that LVG would be looking toward Lewondoski or Cavanni more so than other more over priced strikers already in the EPL.

I think Cavanni's overrated. Never made a big impression with PSG and I don't think he's physical enough for english league. I'd take Benteke over him any day. Lewandowski is a pipedream. He's one of Bayerns most valued assets so it definitly won't happen this year.

Agree. Cavanni is over rated and isnt anywhere near the level of Suarez. United would be better buying Benzema.

Bingo

Ramos off to Bayern?

Further appear to suggest that De Gea is staying.

United fans be happy with missing Ramos but keeping De Gea? I would be.

NAG1

Quote from: Bingo on July 16, 2015, 03:32:45 PM
Ramos off to Bayern?

I for one would be

Maroon Manc

I don't think Cavani is lightweight, he's over priced but he's at a club that don't need the money and don't need to sell so that's natural. It will only happen if Di Maria goes the other way.

I'd prefer Lewandowski, I don't think he's as untouchable as Muller though. Pep & Lewandowski have had their issues apparently, a player like him needs to be first choice as does Muller. Muller is too good a player to be moved around and we know from his time at Barca he's not too bothered about a traditional centre forward. I'd try and swap him for Di Maria but think Di Maria would prefer moving to Paris over Munich.

There's rumours that Real want Reus as Rafa wants Ronaldo to play upfront, in that case I'd be after Benzema. I think Real have given up on DeGea this year, they'll wait to get him for free next season; They don't want to see one of the big assets like Ramos or Benzema leave on what they would consider the cheap in a swap deal for De Gea.

gawa316

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 16, 2015, 03:27:41 PM
Cavani wouldn't be physical enough for the PL? He is built like a tank.

Correct it's the one quality he defo does have.

Boycey

Ramos off to Bayern?

Its been a really head scratcher has the whole Ramos thing. Is he using United to get a better deal at Real? Are United using him as a bargaining chip for DeGea or to flush another target out of Real, Benzema maybe?

Not sure if De Gea will stay but if he does I'd expect him to sign a new contract so if Real want him down the line they'll pay what he's worth.

Over the Bar

I would happily forego any signing to keep De Gea but he'll be off whether this year or next.   Cavani is superb and would take in in the morning.  Benteke has the ability but attitude is suspect not to mention injury prone.  Not worth 32m now or ever.

NAG1

Ramos off to Bayern?

I think from what I read that Rafa made him club captain, which wouldnt remind me of a manager that would be willing to let him go to any club

Muck Savage

Watched the game against club America last night on the box. Schwini has a bit of a gut on him, too many sausages over the summer. Looked very smart in his positioning. Schneiderlin looked good in the middle but Pereria looked very impressive in the 2nd half. He could have a good year. Need a striker as they struggled up front.
Will be at the game on Tues night vs the Earthquakes. Looking forward to it.

Boycey

There's a minutes silence for Berkeley victims at Uniteds game tonight in San Jose.. Nice touch

orangeman

Thomas Müller for €100m ?

No messing about there. United must have bags of it.

Jeepers Creepers

Telegraph reporting Llorente as the secret target Van Gaal has been going on about. 6ft 5 target man at 30Y ears of age.

Boycey

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 22, 2015, 11:18:40 AM
Telegraph reporting Llorente as the secret target Van Gaal has been going on about. 6ft 5 target man at 30Y ears of age.

If you go around all the papers you will find a whos who of all the strikers in Europe that may or may not be available so I'd not be taking any of them too seriously.

It'll be Charlie Austin..

rodney trotter

Di Maria off to PSG. Thought he would have got another season to prove himself but a good fee considering his form last season.