Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Di Maria close to PSG switch apparently, looking at swap involving Cavani.

beer baron

Quote from: stew on July 13, 2015, 08:39:57 PM
Quote from: GJL on July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM
This is turning out to be quite a transfer window for Utd. Still a lot of business to be done yet but so far it has been quality. 4 players that should go straight into the first 11 instead of just squad players. Interesting that DeGea is away on the tour.

Paying big money for a 31 year old injury prone central midfielder? The mind boggles!

Carrick would have to play with schneiderlin because him and the big german couldnt close anyone down.

Finally, i hope they keep ADM and give him another year, he is a fantastic footballer.

Looks to have had a few injury issues alright but big money? ;D ;D ;D ;D And if one was being pedantic, he's 30 for another month or so.

I think it should read something along the lines of, a slight risk as he has had injury issues but that is factored into the 10 million pricetag and if he stays relatively injury free for 2-3 seasons it's an absolute steal for one of the best midfielders about  ;).

Put your spoon away.

Gabriel_Hurl

180 grand a week is pretty big money no matter who you are. Puts him in the top 10 wage earners in the league

beer baron

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 13, 2015, 09:05:28 PM
180 grand a week is pretty big money no matter who you are. Puts him in the top 10 wage earners in the league

United are going to have to pay that for top calibre players,nothing can be done about that. Not too many top players you'd get in for much less as crazy as it is.

DuffleKing

£14m is buttons when you're looking for world class quality. £180k per week is par for the course for that type of quality now also.

Too many teams are playing in the little leagues trying to spend on potential and invest with the hope of developing world class players. When you've the money it makes no sense to low ball either selling club or the target in the current market with 10/12 top european clubs capable of at least matching the terms.

GJL

Utd fans really should not be concerned with how much a player costs or earns. The club is massive financially and fans should only worry about the quality the player can offer.

stew

Quote from: beer baron on July 13, 2015, 08:55:05 PM
This is turning out to be quite a transfer window for Utd. Still a lot of business to be done yet but so far it has been quality. 4 players that should go straight into the first 11 instead of just squad players. Interesting that DeGea is away on the tour.

Paying big money for a 31 year old injury prone central midfielder? The mind boggles!

Carrick would have to play with schneiderlin because him and the big german couldnt close anyone down.

Finally, i hope they keep ADM and give him another year, he is a fantastic footballer.

Looks to have had a few injury issues alright but big money? ;D ;D ;D ;D And if one was being pedantic, he's 30 for another month or so.

I think it should read something along the lines of, a slight risk as he has had injury issues but that is factored into the 10 million pricetag and if he stays relatively injury free for 2-3 seasons it's an absolute steal for one of the best midfielders about  ;).

Put your spoon away.

Balls, he has lost a couple of yards, is going to break down and is limited in who he can play with in the middle of the park, I would not have touched him for that money, 6 mil maybe!

His wages are incredible given his last couple of years body of work for his club.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

beer baron

Quote from: stew on July 14, 2015, 03:49:28 AM
Quote from: beer baron on July 13, 2015, 08:55:05 PM

Put your spoon away.

Balls, he has lost a couple of yards, is going to break down and is limited in who he can play with in the middle of the park, I would not have touched him for that money, 6 mil maybe!

His wages are incredible given his last couple of years body of work for his club.

Still not sure you're serious.Either way i think you're wrong,machine of a man. Will slot straight in no problems. Time will tell.

magpie seanie

The reaction of the Bayern support and his former team mates speaks volumes. This guy won a World Cup 12 months ago. Lots of players have a bad season after a major championships. I expect him to be a great addition for United.

As I've repeatedly said - spending money on players wages and transfers fees leaves less for those bloodsuckers to pocket so it's the lesser of two evils. The amounts involved are of course obscene but that's unfortunately the way soccer has gone.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 14, 2015, 08:26:56 AM
The reaction of the Bayern support and his former team mates speaks volumes. This guy won a World Cup 12 months ago. Lots of players have a bad season after a major championships. I expect him to be a great addition for United.

As I've repeatedly said - spending money on players wages and transfers fees leaves less for those bloodsuckers to pocket so it's the lesser of two evils. The amounts involved are of course obscene but that's unfortunately the way soccer has gone.

Paying £14m for him is brilliant business, first thing I'd do is make him captain, he has better English than Rooney.

His best position will probably be where Carrick plays although he's certainly capable of playing further forward; He ran 15km in the world cup final which shows what he's capable of. He had an injury he picked up at the world cup which forced him to miss the first few months of the season hence why he played 28 games.

Central midfield has gone from our weakest positon to probably our strongest with Schweinsteiger, Carrick, Schniederlin, Fellaini & Herrera to chose from although Di Maria & Mata can both play there.

Squad is looking good, just a centre half and centre forward to come in and if their of good quality our squad will be stronger than Chelsea's & City's. City especially look average in midfield with just Fernando, Ferandinho and an ageing Toure to chose from although Nasri can play there its been several years since he played well consistently.

ballinaman

beer baron

Quote from: ballinaman on July 15, 2015, 06:42:30 PM
Benteke

Really? Not sure Utds possession game will play to his strengths  :-\ Good and all a player he is.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ballinaman

Quote from: Minder on July 15, 2015, 08:03:39 PM
Bayern to sign Vidal
Ridiculous haircut, supposedly Van Gaal wouldn't stand for it and that's what killed the deal.

ballinaman

Quote from: beer baron on July 15, 2015, 07:08:20 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 15, 2015, 06:42:30 PM
Benteke

Really? Not sure Utds possession game will play to his strengths  :-\ Good and all a player he is.
Ya, can't see it. Reckon it's betting firms stirring it to make a few coin. Liverpool likely destination surely with the sterling fee in the bank!