Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Great addition. Just the type of player Utd have been missing.

muppet

Quote from: ballinaman on July 10, 2015, 11:18:10 PM
First German? Can't think of any other to play for United?

Hargreaves.
MWWSI 2017

Boycey

rodney trotter

Yeah he is the first German player to sign for United

muppet

MWWSI 2017

GJL

Schneiderlin Done deal now too. Now for a striker or two and a centre half.

Walter Cronc

I know players were needed but is there not a risk you can buy too many and unstable a squad?? A la Spurs/Liverpool??

magpie seanie

United never rotated the team last year - they simply hadn't enough games. It's just as well because with the injuries they didn't have enough players. They need a few extra front line players this season. A few guys have left and maybe one or two more are near the exit.

Muck Savage

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 13, 2015, 08:40:48 AM
I know players were needed but is there not a risk you can buy too many and unstable a squad?? A la Spurs/Liverpool??
They are shifting a few players out also, and I think by the time this is done it will be a net zero in terms player in the squad. A lot of movement in the last few days and I'm sure there will be a lot more before the season starts. Midfield sorted, now for a CB and a Striker.

snoopdog

Fellaini supposedly close to Stoke move.

Gaa for life

we need a striker to back up rooney. Wilson has potential but if rooney was injured I would feel confident with Wilson playing up top by himself against the top teams. midfield looking really strong now. be interesting to see how LVG rotates them. we thought last year that we had an unbelievable attacking force but as it turned out we couldn't accommodate them all. hope this doesn't happen with midfield this year. de gea is as good as gone so hopefully ramos comes in the opposite direction. but we will need a top keeper to replace de gea. lloris is as good as whats out there IMO

Boycey

I see Big Dave has gone to the US with United today but interestingly not Valdes

Minder

Lloris has fractured his wrist
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GJL

This is turning out to be quite a transfer window for Utd. Still a lot of business to be done yet but so far it has been quality. 4 players that should go straight into the first 11 instead of just squad players. Interesting that DeGea is away on the tour.

stew

Quote from: GJL on July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM
This is turning out to be quite a transfer window for Utd. Still a lot of business to be done yet but so far it has been quality. 4 players that should go straight into the first 11 instead of just squad players. Interesting that DeGea is away on the tour.

Paying big money for a 31 year old injury prone central midfielder? The mind boggles!

Carrick would have to play with schneiderlin because him and the big german couldnt close anyone down.

Finally, i hope they keep ADM and give him another year, he is a fantastic footballer.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.