Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Quote from: gallsman on August 03, 2015, 12:32:40 PM
Would that affect his Champions League eligibility?!

Pretty sure it doesn't.

DennistheMenace

Can't wait for this season, hoping to get over to 15 games and let out my season ticket for the rest. Rooney has a great chance to get 20+ goals if no other striker is brought in.

beer baron

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 03, 2015, 01:11:14 PM
Can't wait for this season, hoping to get over to 15 games and let out my season ticket for the rest. Rooney has a great chance to get 20+ goals if no other striker is brought in.

If you're a betting man PaddyPower are doing a decent offer bet 20 quid on top goalscorer and every time the player scores you get a 2 euro freebet, if you fancy Rooney for 20+ the bet will pay for itself,i'm thinking of backing him and Giroud.

Applesisapples

Quote from: DuffleKing on August 03, 2015, 12:25:32 PM
Do i have to... okay

Yea, still makes no sense. If he has a release clause, put the money down and away we go.

Not that i'm convinced he's an upgrade on whats there already...
Jesus he's miles ahead of anything there with the exception of Di Maria, like Di Maria though I don't believe he will fit in at United.

rodney trotter

Rafael joining Lyon.

Van Persie, Falcao, Di Maria , a lot of attacking threat gone. Pedro is decent, United need more then him if Rooney gets injured.

DuffleKing

Need a striker to score 20+ goals - that's not Rooney - and an established centre back.

I don't understand the willingness to pay £22m odd for another same same winger / attacking mf but reluctance to add another £10m for a verane or hummels who could anchor a title winning defence

beer baron

Quote from: DuffleKing on August 03, 2015, 03:29:12 PM

Need a striker to score 20+ goals - that's not Rooney - and an established centre back.

I don't understand the willingness to pay £22m odd for another same same winger / attacking mf but reluctance to add another £10m for a verane or hummels who could anchor a title winning defence

I'd say you could offer Madrid the sun moon and stars and they wouldn't let Varane go.

DuffleKing

Meant Otamendi  :-\

Luckily I will have no input into transfer policy or we could end up with Charlie Austin unveiled in the nbr 5 jersey and everyone looking a little confused

stew

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 03, 2015, 03:11:42 PM
Rafael joining Lyon.

Van Persie, Falcao, Di Maria , a lot of attacking threat gone. Pedro is decent, United need more then him if Rooney gets injured.

They have Hernandez and Wilson.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

STREET FIGHTER

What is the opinion of Wilson in the eyes of UTD fans?

Is he going to make it or head to Sunderland in the next few years?

rodney trotter

Quote from: stew on August 03, 2015, 06:29:02 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 03, 2015, 03:11:42 PM
Rafael joining Lyon.

They have Hernandez and Wilson.

Hernandez will be gone before the end of the window. And Wilson has a lot to prove yet.

beer baron

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on August 03, 2015, 06:33:41 PM
What is the opinion of Wilson in the eyes of UTD fans?

Is he going to make it or head to Sunderland in the next few years?

Not too impressed at all, be surprised if he ever makes  it at the top level unless he improves a lot which is possible at such a young age.

magpie seanie

I'm willing to hold fire on Wilson though the signs are not brilliant at the moment. A lot of the game time he has got he has been deployed out wide or late in games - he can only be judged if he gets a run in the side, through the middle. now it's hard to see that happening so a bit of a catch 22.

brokencrossbar1

I see there seems to be a fee back to Madrid for the Di Maria fee which reduces the cash in to around £40m.  Pretty nasty shift of money lost in 12 months.  Pedro and Depay would want to rip it up for you boys to show some intent.

Boycey

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 05, 2015, 03:58:29 PM
I see there seems to be a fee back to Madrid for the Di Maria fee which reduces the cash in to around £40m.  Pretty nasty shift of money lost in 12 months.  Pedro and Depay would want to rip it up for you boys to show some intent.

Do tell, not seeing this anywhere on reliable United sites?