GAA Board Charity Bet

Started by AZOffaly, May 11, 2007, 09:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

11/4 on Meath still available with Boyles and Stan James.

bombidal

Quote from: Hardy on May 30, 2007, 09:14:22 AM
Thanks, LS.

Quote from: Lone Shark on May 30, 2007, 08:46:34 AM
why on earth would you not wait until Saturday evening when all the info will be clear?

The only reason I'd do it (did it this week on Meath at 11/4 with PP) is if I think an early price is very good value and I want to get on in case it attracts a lot of money and disappears fast. (I see PP is down to 9/4 this morning).

I dont believe PP were ever 11/4 Meath. But the early bird can catch the worm there is no doubt.
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

Hardy

You're right bombidal - confusion on my part. I have a good few live bets and I forgot that I had my money on Meath with Boyles, not PP. As long as I don't forgot who to collect from, I'll be OK.

bombidal

Number of Draws                           
   ( all 6 championship games must be played )                           
4/7    0 draws                           
7/4    exactly 1 draw                           
10/1    exactly 2 draws                           
16/1    3 or more                           

Game with the Most goals                           
2/1    Cork v Tipperary                           
9/4    Waterford v Kerry                           
9/2    Dublin v Meath                           
9/2    Longford v Laois                           
15/2    Louth v Wicklow                           
9/1    Antrim v Derry                           

Highest Scoring Match                           
9/4    Cork v Tipperary                           
5/2    Waterford v Kerry                           
4/1    Dublin v Meath                           
9/2    Longford v Laois                           
6/1    Louth v Wicklow                           
8/1    Antrim v Derry                           

Land of the Giants                           
   Who will Score more ( 1 goal = 3pts ), both must start                           

3/2    M Cussen ( Cork )                           
1/2    K Donaghy ( Kerry )                           

Sharp Shooter Shootout                           
   Who will Score most ( 1 goal = 3pts ) only below players count, all must start                           

5/2    J Masters                           
4/1    P Bradley                           
5/1    C Cooper                           
6/1    T Quinn                           
7/1    D Browne                           
8/1    B Kavanagh                           
10/1    MF Russell                           
14/1    J Sheridan                           
20/1    R Munnelly                           
33/1    T Gill                           

Mythical Match Betting                           
   ( team to score the most )                           

11/8    Kerry                           
16/1    Draw                           
4/7    Cork                           

11/10   Dublin                           
12/1    draw                           
4/5    Laois                           

Match Specials      ( please add to individual match)                     

Louth v Wicklow                           

16/1    Louth and Wicklow to draw again and Wicklow to win after extra time                           
14/1    Louth and Wicklow to draw again and Louth to win after extra time                           
40/1    Louth and Wicklow to draw again after extra time                             

dublin v meath                           

12/1    G Geraghty to get sent off                           
12/1    G Geraghty to get ' elected ' Sunday Game Man of the Match                           
33/1    Meath to warm up at Hill 16 end of ground and fight to break out between players before start of game                           
9/2    2 or more players to get sent off                           
400/1    Game to go to 3 replays                           
100/1    C Whelan to get sent off due to striking incident at throw at Start of the Match                           
80/1    A Brogan to score a Hat-Trick                           

Kerry v Waterford                           

5/1    C Cooper to outscore Waterford                           
33/1    K Donaghy to score a hat-trick of goals                           
25/1    Waterford to fail to score in either half                           
28/1    All 3 O'Se brothers to score a pt                           
2/1    All 6 of Kerry's starting forwards to score from play                           
10/3    Kerry to fail to score a goal                           

Cork v Tippeary                           

14/1    Declan Browne to be Tipperary's only scorer v Cork                           
7/4    J Masters to outscore Tipperary on his own                           

full back

I havnt got time to do it now, but has anyone any idea about the amount of draws in last years football championship?
If you got 13/2 or 7/1 for each draw wonder how you would have finished the year. I know there have already been a few draws this year & there seems to be less & less between teams every year

Hardy

I checked that out a while ago full back, because we all feel there's a disproportionate number of draws because of referees taking it upon themselves to alter the laws of time to make sure neither side is disappointed in a close match.

But no – the draw odds on offer are generally very measly compared with the statistics on actual draws. I don't remember exactly the number of draws, but it was about six altogether in last year's football championship and you'd be losing heavily if, for instance,  you backed a draw in every game that had the possibility of a draw (i.e. leaving out obvious mismatches). There's no flies on them bookies.

Spiritof98

£20 on 1 draw at 7/4
£10 on 2 draws at 10/1

Are Tipp that bad +8 10/11, I might take a stab at that.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Lone Shark

Quote from: bombidal on May 31, 2007, 03:29:48 PM

Sharp Shooter Shootout                           
   Who will Score most ( 1 goal = 3pts ) only below players count, all must start                           

5/2    J Masters                           
4/1    P Bradley                           
5/1    C Cooper                           
6/1    T Quinn                           
7/1    D Browne                           
8/1    B Kavanagh                           
10/1    MF Russell                           
14/1    J Sheridan                           
20/1    R Munnelly                           
33/1    T Gill                           

Fairly reasonable to assume Bradley won't start - i know that means bet's void, no advanatge to punter or bookie, but you might want to reframe that one.

ONeill

Tried Betfair there for the first time. Is there a catch with it? How come nearly all odds are better - eg - Antrim at 6
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lone Shark

Quote from: ONeill on May 31, 2007, 08:15:10 PM
Tried Betfair there for the first time. Is there a catch with it? How come nearly all odds are better - eg - Antrim at 6

Because they charge you to deposit, they charge you to withdraw, and there is a 5% commission, unless you're a wojious high roller. That 5/1 is 4.75/1 when commission is finished, less than Paddy Power, Bet365 or William Hill. Plus you can only have a tenner right now.

Basically liquidity is appalling and unlike bookies the price you see is not what you get. I've yet to see a GAA match where I would be better off depositing €200, betting, collecting the winnings and withdrawing than I would be if I had got best price in the bookies.

Now for the likes of Golf or big soccer matches it can be another kettle of fish though - but for GAA I wouldn't recommend it at all.

bombidal

here is one I reckon some charity money should go on. Down at 6/4 to beat monaghan with Stan James or even 11/8 with Boyles. Cannot see this lasting as Down should be favourites with the home advantage.

ExiledGael

bombidal

While im at it -

Elected!
Money-Back Special
Paddy Power will refund all losing bets on this match if Graham Geraghty scores the last goal.

-

Bogball XV

Quote from: Lone Shark on May 31, 2007, 08:41:12 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 31, 2007, 08:15:10 PM

Because they charge you to deposit, they charge you to withdraw, and there is a 5% commission, unless you're a wojious high roller. That 5/1 is 4.75/1 when commission is finished, less than Paddy Power, Bet365 or William Hill. Plus you can only have a tenner right now.

Basically liquidity is appalling and unlike bookies the price you see is not what you get. I've yet to see a GAA match where I would be better off depositing €200, betting, collecting the winnings and withdrawing than I would be if I had got best price in the bookies.

Now for the likes of Golf or big soccer matches it can be another kettle of fish though - but for GAA I wouldn't recommend it at all.
I've yet to see a bookie who will let me lay any side - plus there's no lodgement or withdrawal charge for laser/debit cards.  Agreed that liquidity isn't great most of the time, but for bigger games it works out grand.

bombidal

I've yet to see a bookie who will let me lay any side - plus there's no lodgement or withdrawal charge for laser/debit cards.  Agreed that liquidity isn't great most of the time, but for bigger games it works out grand.

the 15 quid you can have on the draw in the dublin meath game & the 121 quid on dublin at 1.45.... 1.5 with ladbrokes and no commision... really speaks volumes about gaa on betfair. ( im presuming the dublin meath game is a big one ).