GAA Board Charity Bet

Started by AZOffaly, May 11, 2007, 09:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Handball Ace

where can i get a list of ladbrokes shops?

Louth Exile

Quote from: Lone Shark on July 14, 2007, 01:09:44 PM
I'll give you 10/1 on Finley. I've passed it on to the call centre if you want to take them up on it.

When I went down they were quoting 4/1  :D Wasn't interested in that, 10/1 is a fair price, was hoping more along the lines of 33/1 though  :D
Anyway, have to head back to the wee county now, might get a chance to drop into the Drogheda branch
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Louth Exile

With getting married in July and all that goes along with it I haven't been near the board in weeks, haven't had a GAA bet in ages either, not since the lumping on to the Dublin hurlers and getting badly stung  ::) and Laois pulling down a nice wee accum  :(

Anyway, back at it again this weekend, just a small €10 treble with Boyles at 7/1
Derry (+3) Evens
Monaghan (+5) Evens
Waterford (-4) Evens

Was looking for a price on the cheeky Dubs staying the pub and throw in being delayed... but they weren't offering odds  ;D  :D
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Lone Shark

Right, here's what I've done this weekend, prices still there if anyone wants to copy.....

Backed Amount X on Dan Shanahan to score a goal with Boyles @ 11/10
Backed 1.1X on Dan Shanahan to score under 5.5 points with PP @ 8/11.

If Dan scores a goal and ends up with 6 points or more, you break even.
If Dan fails to score a goal and ends up with 0-5 or less you lose 0.2X
If Dan scores 0-6 or more and no goal you lose both bets. (He's never raised six white flags in his championship career - I consider this a very remote possibility)
If Dan scores 1-0, 1-1, or 1-2 you collect both bets. Probably around 30% chance of this.

In addition, Boyles are money back on all losing Anytime goalscorer bets if a number 13 gets the last goal. With O'Shaughnessy and Mullane running for you, there's a decent chance that even if he does end up with 0-2 or so you might still make profit.

It's not for everyone, but if all that makes sense to ye, it might appeal - I'd recommend it anyway. 

Bogball XV

That's pretty impressive LS, I might just have a little wager on that.

Louth Exile

I'm definitely picking my battles poorly at the moment!! I said that Cork would beat Meath and that Kerry would beat Dublin and didn't back either!!!  :-\

Put €20 on the draw at half time in the game yesterday

Denn Forever

Don't understand this betting lark but OZOffaly, do you have an indication of how much loot can be divided among the charities?  Have the charities been published/decided?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...