GAA Board Charity Bet

Started by AZOffaly, May 11, 2007, 09:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

two sundays two draws. there feckin up our bets...

Louth Exile

I don't think it is a great weekend for betting on the GAA. I'm just going to do a €10 treble myself. The bet is with PP
London (+6) 5/6
Armagh (+2) 5/6
Laois (+6) 1/1
€10 winning bet should return €67, but to be honest I'm doing it more for the interest than anything, be doing well if it came up!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

AZOffaly

Right lads, the old Charity betting is working out fairly mucky. We are down to 44 euros, at this stage after Louth let us down in a double with Leitrim, and an Armagh - donegal draw narrowly failed to materialise. Only Offaly at -6 in the handicap gave us some consolation.

We need a few good bets this weekend, so have at it.

SLIGONIAN

Fair play AZ a good cause....heres my two pence worth

Laois to narrowly beat longford,,,, I seen lone shark saved you last time. Longfords defence is poor and leaks goals but forwards are goal getters so may be worth another punt.
Dubs to narrowly beat Meath..tough call..meath were class against us in league.
Louth to scrape past wicklow.. we were way better than wicklow in league but a decent side..suprised me this yr thought louth were alot better.
Kerry to beat deise by a about 8pts
cork to beat tipp by about 10pts
Derry to beat antrim by 4pts we play brutal and still beat antrim comfortably in league
Antrim to beat Down in hurling

I used to bet on what I call bankers..to me kerry,cork,derry, antrim hurlers and probably laois are my bankers. Doubt it would bring you back much. Itd be worth someone posting the gaa specials for you. Im restricted from bookies websites co policy.

Best of luck.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

magpie seanie

The points spread on Dublin v. Meath could be interesting. Meath +2 would be a good bet in my book.

Other games look straightforward bar Louth/Wicklow which I don't understand.

Croí na hÉireann

Laois
Dubs
Wicklow
Kerry
Cork
Derry
Antrim to beat Down in hurling
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Hardy

Seanie - PPower is going 5/6 for Meath +3.

I can't see any match betting up on Ladbrokes site and the special bets seem to have gone too. All I can see is the outright betting for the All-Ireland. Am I looking in the wrong place?

magpie seanie

Thanks Hardy. Gambling sites blocked in work. Will be having a slice of that for myself at the weekend.

The Real SlimShady

what price for the saffrons to beat Derry? bound to be 4/1 anyway and def worth a punt.

One things for certain, if the bookies are offering Antrim plus 5 or 6 points Slim shall be delving into the communion money!

SLIGONIAN

Seanie - SLIGO are 5/2 to beat Roscommon..I think very generous odds. I put 20 euro on us. It gives me 50 euro profit. We have decent record in hyde. Draw is 15/2 which is tempting but we dont win replays so win the first day.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

magpie seanie

5/2 is tempting alright. It's closer than that.

We gave your first team a bit of a scare with our seconds at the weekend - were you there?

Lone Shark

Quote from: Hardy on May 29, 2007, 03:11:00 PM
Seanie - PPower is going 5/6 for Meath +3.

I can't see any match betting up on Ladbrokes site and the special bets seem to have gone too. All I can see is the outright betting for the All-Ireland. Am I looking in the wrong place?

All gone up now - I'll post the match and handicap betting below, but the live match goalscorers and specials are all available online as well. Specials on non live matches will follow later in the week.

Lads, I might be shooting myself in the foot here, but the biggest advantage the punter has over the bookie is the fact that the bookie has to price up events early in the week due to various reasons, ut ye don't have to bet until ye think ye have an advantage. If you know something that's about to become national knowledge then by all means cash in on it, but if you don't and you're just picking your selections for the week, why on earth would you not wait until Saturday evening when all the info will be clear?

This week, for reasons of printing a coupon, I have to do my handicap betting on Dork vs Tipp in the football - in the meantime Declan Browne is an injury scare and may not play. That's obviously a four point swing right there, but I can't wait any longer - ye on the other hand can wait until ye know one way or another before playing - don't waste that.

Now please, no-one point out to my employers that I was telling ye how to bet .......

Event   Date   Time   Home Team   Away Team   Home   Draw   Away
Leinster Championship Quarter Final   2007-06-02   18:45:00   Longford   Laois    3/1     8/1     1/3
Leinster Championship First Round Replay   2007-06-03   14:10:00   Louth   Wicklow    4/7     6/1     2/1
Leinster Championship Quarter Final   2007-06-03   16:00:00   Dublin    Meath    1/2      7/1     9/4
Munster Championship Semi Final   2007-06-03   14:00:00   Waterford   Kerry   10/1    20/1     1/33
Munster Championship Semi Final   2007-06-03   15:30:00   Cork   Tipperary    1/33   20/1    10/1
Ulster Championship Final   2007-06-03   14:15:00   Antrim   Down    2/11   14/1     4/1
Ulster Championship Quarter Final   2007-06-03   16:15:00   Antrim   Derry    4/1    11/1     1/5
      Handicap Draw      
5/4    Longford (+3pts)    8/1    Laois (-3pts)    4/5
1/1    Louth (-2pts)    8/1    Wicklow (+2pts)    1/1
11/10   Dublin (-3pts)    8/1    Meath (+3pts)   10/11
10/11   Waterford (+8pts)   14/1    Kerry (-8pts)   10/11
10/11   Cork (-8pts)   14/1    Tipperary (+8pts)   10/11
10/11   Antrim (-6pts)   14/1    Down (+6pts)   10/11
10/11   Antrim (+5pts)   10/1    Derry (-5pts)    1/1

Hardy

Thanks, LS.

Quote from: Lone Shark on May 30, 2007, 08:46:34 AM
why on earth would you not wait until Saturday evening when all the info will be clear?

The only reason I'd do it (did it this week on Meath at 11/4 with PP) is if I think an early price is very good value and I want to get on in case it attracts a lot of money and disappears fast. (I see PP is down to 9/4 this morning). I know Darren Fay, Moyles and the whole full forward line could get the summer vomiting bug and it wouldn't be value any more, but I suppose all those risks are factored into whether you think the early price is good value, even though it's more of a gamble than a bet five minutes before throw-in. 

Louth Exile

I would very much agree with Lone Shark on the waiting until Saturday night, I could be wrong but I don't think prices fluctate that much (although I take your point Hardy on the 11/4)

If I backed against my county and was able to back Meath and was having a bet now instead of Saturday evening I would go for the folowing at the moment (a lot of ifs!!)
Longford (+3)  5/4
Kerry (-8) 10/11
Meath (+3) 10/11
Wicklow (+2) Evens (I can't believe the odds on this have not changed dramatically, I can't see too much money coming for Louth at 4/7, I expect something like 8/11)
I work it out to be better than 15/1 accum

Ladbrokes had a special on Shane O'Rourke to score for Meath in the championship at 5/1, I don't see this on the website, is this on offer Lone Shark??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Lone Shark on May 30, 2007, 08:46:34 AM

If you know something that's about to become national knowledge then by all means cash in on it, but if you don't and you're just picking your selections for the week, why on earth would you not wait until Saturday evening when all the info will be clear?

The problems of course with that is that if Declan Browne misses the game try and get more than a fiver on on Saturday evening.
At least during the week you will get your bet on before any team news becomes widely known.