Leinster SFC
Longford (6/4) v Westmeath (8/11) (Draw 13/2) - Westmeath

Connacht SFC
New York (7/1) v Sligo (1/16) (Draw 14/1) - Sligo

Uslter SHC
Antrim (1/33) v London (8/1) (Draw 20/1) - Antrim

Derry (1/14) v Armagh (6/1) (Draw 18/1) - Derry

AZOffaly

In fairness I think he just cut and pasted the post above. Looks funny though :D

AZOffaly

Well lads,

We're off and running. Westmeath, Cavan, Sligo, Antrim and Derry are the first 5 teams with a tenner on each to gather a few pennies. Not much value, but when the summer heats up we'll start aiming for higher returns. Sure a couple of hundred at the end of the summer would still be better than nothing for a couple of good causes.

Cheers for your help.

Lone Shark

Sorry for being slow off the mark - was up in Dublin today on work duties, haven't been near a computer all day.

Being Friday evening now all the 9 to fivers will be gone home, but I should be able to set something up for you next week. Leave it with me anyway. Certainly we do take laser now, but without knowing the specifics of why your card didn't work I couldn't comment - I haven't heard of any issues though.

If you were putting on a few bob, though I accept this is a bit late and a bit complicated, but my recommendation is betting on the Longford vs Westmeath match, three or more goals @ 12/5. That would represent value if it was anything over a 29% chance of happening, and a lot of Longford games tend to have three or more goals - 50% roughly over the last three years (not including turkey shoots against London and the like). Westmeath aren't particularly free with the twine rattling in comparison, but they aren't particularly goal shy either. I'd make this no bigger than a 6/4 shot in this game.

That's my two cents anyway.

Will get back to you on the account thing next week.

AZOffaly

Hi LS,

No bother. I wonder is it because of the website I went to? ladbrokes.co.uk? Is there an ie version? It certainly didn't like my BOI laser anyhow.

Maybe I should do an additional €10 bet per week on the Lone Sharks Special :D I'll take the 3 goals bet as our starter and see how we go.

Cheers

Tyrone Dreamer

Never trust a bookie! Its to late now but I would fancy Down,Westmeath,Derry,Antrim and Sligo.

AZOffaly

Not a great first week at all, but Lone Shark's 'Bet of the Week' saved us.

Westmeath Lost
Cavan Drew

Antrim, Sligo and Derry all won, but only returned a total of €1.64 :D

However Lone Shark's suggest 3 goals or more bet at 12/5 returned €34

So, the balance going into next weekend is €105.64

full back

Bensars

Quote from: Lone Shark on May 11, 2007, 06:53:55 PM
Sorry for being slow off the mark - was up in Dublin today on work duties, haven't been near a computer all day.

Being Friday evening now all the 9 to fivers will be gone home, but I should be able to set something up for you next week. Leave it with me anyway. Certainly we do take laser now, but without knowing the specifics of why your card didn't work I couldn't comment - I haven't heard of any issues though.

If you were putting on a few bob, though I accept this is a bit late and a bit complicated, but my recommendation is betting on the Longford vs Westmeath match, three or more goals @ 12/5. That would represent value if it was anything over a 29% chance of happening, and a lot of Longford games tend to have three or more goals - 50% roughly over the last three years (not including turkey shoots against London and the like). Westmeath aren't particularly free with the twine rattling in comparison, but they aren't particularly goal shy either. I'd make this no bigger than a 6/4 shot in this game.

That's my two cents anyway.

Will get back to you on the account thing next week.

Good Man Lone Shark

Bogball XV

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 11, 2007, 11:08:26 AM
I think I'd be going for

Longford
Draw between Cavan and Down
Antrim
Derry
Sligo

(By the way, that's just MY vote, not the actual bets)
Pity, you hadn't had an auld acca on that lot!!  You'd be able to set up a bill gates type trust fund!!!

magickingdom

are we having a punt this weekend AZ?

muppet

Conor Mort to top score 6-4  8)
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

right lads €50 in play again this weekend

€20 accumulator on Louth, Tyrone, Cork, Clare and Mayo to return €120
€30 doubles from three of Kildare, Down and Down in the hurling. Would return €99 if they all win.

Cheers

Louth Exile

Quote from: 5iveTimes on May 19, 2007, 02:53:26 PM
Might be worth sticking a few quid on the Louth goalkeeper to score a point tomorrow. He will be taking the 45s and has scored a few recently. He also scored 11 points in a recent club game. He was 33/1 earlier in the week but has dropped considerably with local bookies. Boylesports have also got wind of this, but if you can get him at good odds, take him.

5ive Times, sounds like an interesting bet, checked with Boyles and they don't have the bet, if you happen to be on the board on Sunday morning let me know where I could get some of the action.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Louth Exile

Quote from: 5iveTimes on May 22, 2007, 10:08:36 AM
I think Louth were expecting a very easy time on Sunday, by all accounts they didnt even deserve the draw.

No doubt Wicklow were the better team on the day, I was actually glad that it was a draw in the end, if we had of snuck the win there would be too many questions going into the Wexford game. Louth have far more scope to improve during the week than Wicklow do. I think the tighter pitch in Parnell park will suit Louth more than it will Wicklow. Louth won't be part of my bet this coming weekend!!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com