2013 All Ireland Final: Mayo v Dublin

Started by All of a Sludden, August 26, 2013, 10:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

Quote from: moysider on September 09, 2013, 10:01:23 AM
Quote from: highorlow on September 09, 2013, 09:53:08 AM
714 wouldn't be too bad.

I dunno about that! In the corner and row Z is right at the top.
http://www.crokepark.ie/About/Seating-Plans

I was in row y 715 for Ireland v England 2007 six nations and the view was fine as long as you don't suffer from vertigo because you are very high up. I have been in 314/312 for matches before and the view is crap unless you are in row a or b. Sec 312/313/314/324/325/326 are definitely the worst seats in Croker and while if I hadn't a season ticket or was arriving at ( or home for) my first Mayo match of the season I would be happy with any ticket for the final but most Cairde members I know would be at the majority of league games and all championship/club championship games so they are getting the two fingers from the county board with the seats being handed out along with asking you to pay 280 euros for this pleasure!

guy crouchback

according to today's Western the county board have said that the ticket allocation to mayo is down on last years despite having the minors as well.  the article claims that they have complined about it but don't think it will make much difference. they also imply that the bad seats going to cairde members is somehow not their fault, that these were the tickets issued by croke park.

prewtna

when the club tickets get sent out it will tell a tale about the Cairde Tickets.

if the club tickets are total crap (like the cairde) then its safe to assume the Co Board will have hoarded the best for corporates etc.

however, if the club tickets are better than the Cairde - then it will really will have been a 2 fingers to the Cairde members. lots of them pissed off since saturday.

time will tell

AMayoFan

Last year for GAA Seasonally Ticket (Mayo) got section 305 / some had 306. So I'm hoping it's the same again this year!!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: guy crouchback on September 09, 2013, 10:58:24 AM
according to today's Western the county board have said that the ticket allocation to mayo is down on last years despite having the minors as well.  the article claims that they have complined about it but don't think it will make much difference. they also imply that the bad seats going to cairde members is somehow not their fault, that these were the tickets issued by croke park.

Haven't seen the WP today yet, but if our ticket allocation is down then things are worse than I thought. It  will indeed be interesting to see if club allocations are better/worse than last year. Will Diblin gwt more despite no minors?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

guy crouchback

apparently the 2 competing finalists get a ticket allocation based on the number of clubs in their county so Dublin will get a higher allocation then mayo.

Mayo4Sam

I'd presume so, more clubs, more members = more tickets

Different things season ticket and cairde maigh eo ticket. I was in 305 with the season ticket for the semi
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Canalman

Quote from: guy crouchback on September 09, 2013, 01:35:41 PM
apparently the 2 competing finalists get a ticket allocation based on the number of clubs in their county so Dublin will get a higher allocation then mayo.

Nope and incorrect. Counties get same allocation each with Mayo getting I think 2 or 3,000 extra because of their minors being there also.

highorlow

For the hurling they has a 'team of the 80's' parade thing which was made up of non AI winners either before or at half time.

I caught the end of something on the radio which sounds like it will be similar for the football. Anyone hear what the team is?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Crete Boom

Quote from: Canalman on September 09, 2013, 02:05:18 PM
Quote from: guy crouchback on September 09, 2013, 01:35:41 PM

Nope and incorrect. Counties get same allocation each with Mayo getting I think 2 or 3,000 extra because of their minors being there also.

Yeah that what I was led to believe that the two senior got the same allocation with the two minor got a smaller but egual allocation with the rest going to sponsorship/corporate/the other counites!

Bingo

Quote from: highorlow on September 09, 2013, 02:17:25 PM
For the hurling they has a 'team of the 80's' parade thing which was made up of non AI winners either before or at half time.

I caught the end of something on the radio which sounds like it will be similar for the football. Anyone hear what the team is?

Hope this is the case, Monaghan might get a representative on that line up.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Bingo on September 09, 2013, 02:47:23 PM

I believe it to be the case. Mayo may have a representative on it too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Haven't seen the western but it really beggars belief we are down on allocation from last year, there is something really amiss with this carry on.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

macdanger2

Declan Browne, Mattie Forde & Ken Mortimer will surely be there

ballinaman

Quote from: Bingo on September 09, 2013, 02:47:23 PM

The team is as follows:
1. BRIAN McALINDEN (Armagh / Sarsfields): First-choice goalkeeper with Armagh from 1976 until late 1980s. Won 4 Railway Cup medals and in 1986 was reserve 'keeper for the International Rules series in Australia. Formerly joint county manager with Brian Canavan.

2. HARRY KEEGAN (Roscommon / Castlerea): Regarded as one of the greatest corner backs to play with Roscommon, he was named on their 'Best Team of the Last 25 years.' Won All Star awards in 1978, 1980 and 1986.

3. KEVIN KEHILLY (Cork / Newcestown): Played in 1974 and 1983 All-Ireland semi-finals with Cork. Winner of five Railway Cup medals and All Stars in 1980 and 1982. Was trainer with Cork's treble-winning hurling team of the seventies.

4. SÉAMUS McHUGH (Galway / Headford): Made senior debut with Galway in 1975 and captained team in the 1983 All-Ireland final. An All Star winner in 1981 and 1984, he played eight games in the International Rules Series, including the inaugural Australian tour in 1986.

5. JIM REILLY (Cavan / Kingscourt): A household name in Cavan all through the eighties, he played in all three tests in the 1987 International Rules Series. He won Railway Cup medals in 1983, 1984 and 1989.

6. CIARÁN MURRAY (Monaghan / Clones): Member of the Monaghan team which won the League title in 1985, he played six games in the International Rules series. An All Star award winner in 1985, in later years he gained notoriety as physiotherapist to the Irish soccer team.

7. COLM BROWNE (Laois / Portlaoise): Won an All-Ireland club medal in 1983 and Railway Cup medals in 1985, 1986 and 1987 – when he played in the final test against Australia. Won an All Star award in 1986 and managed Laois and Tipperary.

8. DERMOT EARLEY (Roscommon / Michael Glaveys/Sarsfields, Newbridge, RIP): Played with Roscommon for twenty years and is regarded as one of the greatest footballers never to win an All-Ireland, A member of the last Connacht team to win the Railway Cup in 1969, he won the county's first All Star in 1974 and another in 1979. Managed Roscommon and Kildare.

9. WILLIE JOE PADDEN (Mayo / Belmullet): Voted fourth best ever midfielder in a national poll, he was especially renowned for his high-fielding ability. Won an All Star in 1985 and another in 1989, when he played with Mayo in the All-Ireland final.

10. PETER McGINNITY (Fermanagh / Roslea): Won county medals in his native Fermanagh and Antrim – lining out with St. John's in the 1978 All-Ireland club final. Winner of Railway Cup medals in 1979, 1980, 1983 and 1984 and the county's first All Star winner in 1982. Co-commentator with BBC Ulster in their TV coverage.

11. EUGENE McKENNA (Tyrone / Augher): Tyrone's captain in their first All-Ireland senior final appearance in 1986, he won All Star awards in 1984, 1986 and 1989 and won Railway Cup medals in 1983, 1984 and 1989. Involved with Art McRory in the management of the county team in the late 90s.

12. KEVIN O'BRIEN (Wicklow / Baltinglass): Played four times for Ireland, including the tour to Australia in 1990 – when he was Wicklow's first All Star recipient and won an All-Ireland club medal. A Railway Cup medal-winner in 1986 and 1996, he was a selector with Mick O'Dwyer.

13. EUGENE 'NUDIE' HUGHES (Monaghan / Castleblaney): Monaghan's first All Star in 1979 and again honoured in 1985 and 1988 – one of a select group to win awards in defence and attack. Member of NFL-winning side of 1985 and Railway Cup winner in 1980, 1983 and 1984.

4. FRANK McGUIGAN (Tyrone / Ardboe): A legend in Tyrone, forever remembered for his 0-11 in the 1984 Ulster final, he won an All Star and Railway Cup medal the same year. Captain in the 1972 All-Ireland minor final, he played in the senior semi-final the following year. Career interrupted when he spent several years in the US and ended prematurely by a serious injury.

15. TONY McMANUS (Roscommon / Clan na nGael): An All-Ireland Under-21 medal winner with Roscommon in 1978. Won six Connacht senior medals and a key figure in his club's pre-eminence in the province in the 80s. An All Star winner in 1989, he won three Sigerson Cup medals with UCD.