2013 All Ireland Final: Mayo v Dublin

Started by All of a Sludden, August 26, 2013, 10:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 09, 2013, 05:18:32 PM
Quote from: highorlow on September 09, 2013, 02:17:25 PM
For the hurling they has a 'team of the 80's' parade thing which was made up of non AI winners either before or at half time.

I caught the end of something on the radio which sounds like it will be similar for the football. Anyone hear what the team is?

Declan Browne, Mattie Forde & Ken Mortimer will surely be there

Jaysus, shows what I know  :o

Tubberman

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 09, 2013, 05:27:15 PM
For the hurling they has a 'team of the 80's' parade thing which was made up of non AI winners either before or at half time.

I caught the end of something on the radio which sounds like it will be similar for the football. Anyone hear what the team is?

Well if it was Team of the 90s you might have been right ;)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

Great to see Dermot, Harry and Tony Mac represented. When they get around to the 90's Dermot Jr. is sure to take his fathers spot on that (somewhat) unfortunate team.

Now, just to get the ticket.

macdanger2

Quote from: Tubberman on September 09, 2013, 05:32:02 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 09, 2013, 05:27:15 PM

Well if it was Team of the 90s you might have been right ;)

Ah, didn't realise it was only the 80s

mayo.mick

Quote from: AMayoFan on September 09, 2013, 12:41:24 PM
Last year for GAA Seasonally Ticket (Mayo) got section 305 / some had 306. So I'm hoping it's the same again this year!!

Yeah, we were in 305 last year, but with Dublin in it I'm expecting to be pushed out to 306/307. Still a lot better than where Cairdre Maigheo are in 312 ;D
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: mayo.mick on September 09, 2013, 08:23:54 PM
Last year for GAA Seasonally Ticket (Mayo) got section 305 / some had 306. So I'm hoping it's the same again this year!!

Yeah, we were in 305 last year, but with Dublin in it I'm expecting to be pushed out to 306/307. Still a lot better than where Cairdre Maigheo are in 312 ;D

not true.......................i was usually in 304/305 this year but pushed into 404 for the semi / kerry horde and event junkies  >:(

Same last year shifted and a massive amount of mayo buckos dominated the 305/306 section in the semi

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on September 09, 2013, 05:39:37 PM
Great to see Dermot, Harry and Tony Mac represented. When they get around to the 90's Dermot Jr. is sure to take his fathers spot on that (somewhat) unfortunate team.

For what? Leonard Cohen not sold out yet. Now that s a gig worth seeing. I ve been lucky to see him twice. I d attend again but a drive up and down midweek to the O2 and work the next day is a bit ruff. What you need a ticket for?

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on September 10, 2013, 12:14:21 AM
Quote from: Syferus on September 09, 2013, 05:39:37 PM

For what? Leonard Cohen not sold out yet. Now that s a gig worth seeing. I ve been lucky to see him twice. I d attend again but a drive up and down midweek to the O2 and work the next day is a bit ruff. What you need a ticket for?

I was going to give any spares I get from my powerful connections to some ickle Rhubs but I think I'll post them up to Squire instead.

moysider

Quote from: mayo.mick on September 09, 2013, 08:23:54 PM

Eh? What s the agenda here. Basically Cairde people paid 560 euro this year for 2 iffy tickets and thats OK?

Fine and I m not moaning ( even though there is a lot of moaning about). I wouldnt expect anything else. But there is a bit of a smell of a killing in all this. Everybody knows nobody will curl up their nose to any ticket right now even though they re being strung up. But there could be a downside to all this. Mayo will probably be back for a 3 in a row next year but it wont last for ever. The county board debt will last for a long time though and if we get another Pateen Holmes or Fr. John after the Horan era ( which win or lose, probably has less than 2 weeks left), it ll be hard work to shift Cairde tickets or any ticket. Geese that lay golden eggs dont live that long.

Never beat the deeler

Think you're mixing up 80s and 90s there (00s in the case of Forde)
Hasta la victoria siempre

maigheo

Moysider,you bring up an interesting  point about Horans tenure coming to an end in 2 weeks.A very sobering thought I may add if it comes to pass.I suppose  now is not the time to be bringing this up but fellas like Horan do not grow on trees and it is still a shuddering thought that the county board very nearly did not appoint him.

Hound

Ticket frenzy is really going to build up in Dublin next week. Word is that numbers of tickets going to clubs will be significantly down on 2011 due to season tickets and our minors not being involved this time. I'd say there's going to be all out war in some clubs regarding how their tickets get allocated!

muppet

MWWSI 2017

heffo

Quote from: Hound on September 10, 2013, 09:39:44 AM
Ticket frenzy is really going to build up in Dublin next week. Word is that numbers of tickets going to clubs will be significantly down on 2011 due to season tickets and our minors not being involved this time. I'd say there's going to be all out war in some clubs regarding how their tickets get allocated!

Season tickets have expanded the last couple of years and they come out of the counties allocation.

Means a lot less tickets than clubs got in 2011.

Think I'll switch my phone off until Sunday week.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: muppet on September 10, 2013, 09:40:12 AM
I normally hate this stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsoB8Z1ukMU

Thats awful...........................better than any of our efforts so far though

Any word on the COCs movement.........................is he get any rotation on it  ???