2013 All Ireland Final: Mayo v Dublin

Started by All of a Sludden, August 26, 2013, 10:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayoman dan

And Dillon crocked most of the time as well and unable to train properly.

So what if, with all these fitness concerns among the forwards, the manager had not decided to cut the in-form forward from the panel.

The more I see of Mayo football the more I think we want to keep losing finals, such are the decisions we have made over the year.
[/quote]

Cutting Regan from the panel last Summer was a crazy decision especially considering all the injuries our forwards were carrying and the form Regan was in

mayoman dan

And how in the name of God was Higgins left marking a man that couldnt run for nearly 15 minutes? 4 months on and Horans decisions that day still get me angry that game was there for the taking.Anybody that thinks Horan will lead us to the promised land is seriously deluded as soon as we meet a manager with a bit of tactical nous were done.

sans pessimism

Quote from: mayoman dan on January 15, 2014, 09:25:47 PM
And how in the name of God was Higgins left marking a man that couldnt run for nearly 15 minutes? 4 months on and Horans decisions that day still get me angry that game was there for the taking.Anybody that thinks Horan will lead us to the promised land is seriously deluded as soon as we meet a manager with a bit of tactical nous were done.
Turn the page Dan
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

moysider

Quote from: sans pessimism on January 15, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
Turn the page Dan

Dan has a point. But it s not just about Horan. It's endemic/institutionalised for so long now it is hard to see a way out. We make terrible decisions, as a matter of course.

I honestly think we have the best players for 2014 about. Easily the best panel availably ever in my time in Mayo. Really, and I dont say that lightly. But do I think we will win it?

Nah.

larryin89

That's the thing Moysider and I understand you're being a bit sarcy but when you take a look at the players we have , it is a magnificent panel of players a team that is on paper going to find itself in croker august weekend maybe without even having to show it's hand.

Sometimes we tend to forget as supporters but we are in a great era and should keep enjoying it while it lasts. We so desperately want to win that big cup of course and I believe we will soon enough, 1-3years left yet as a lifespan of  this era , then we will have to build again with or without a Sam to our name is the question that will be answered in time.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Lar Naparka

Quote from: moysider on January 15, 2014, 11:55:12 PM
Quote from: sans pessimism on January 15, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
Turn the page Dan

Dan has a point. But it s not just about Horan. It's endemic/institutionalised for so long now it is hard to see a way out. We make terrible decisions, as a matter of course.

I honestly think we have the best players for 2014 about. Easily the best panel availably ever in my time in Mayo. Really, and I dont say that lightly. But do I think we will win it?

Nah.
We're singing from the same hymn sheet here, I'm afraid.
I've never seen a better Mayo panel either and I can go back to the days of John Morley and Jinking Joe.
Some mighty fine individual players alright but no side had the same spread of quality players as the present one. Horan and his side never put a foot wrong in the championships over the last two years until they reached the ultimate stage and I'm afraid we all know that their sure touch deserted them on each occasion.
Horan wasn't the only one at fault; a lot of very experienced players showed a lack of tactical awareness.
2012 wasn't too bad as I felt the loss of Andy Moran w going to cost us dearly so I was prepared for the worst but this year was something else.
It's hard to credit that not a single Mayo player or anyone on the sideline ever copped on that O'Gara was crocked and was just a passenger for the last quarter.
From beginning to end, Cluxton was able to direct his kickouts to an unmarked man.
I accept that we were hard hit by injuries but Dublin were carrying two passengers for the last 15 minutes or so and we still couldn't bate 'em.
I don't know what this year will bring but I'm more afraid than hopeful to put it mildly.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi