Tyrone v Kerry - Omagh - 7th April

Started by ONeill, March 15, 2013, 09:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: ziggysego on April 01, 2013, 10:41:28 AM
There's potentially a good game coming up on Sunday in Omagh. Tyrone v Kerry. Tyrone looking to top the Division One table and Kerry looking to avoid dropping down to Division Two.

There is no need need to be stoking the flames and riling up old bitterness between the two counties. The most of such, exists only in the back pages of the press and in the minds of some grumpy gaaboarders.

Sit back, speculate about the game and enjoy it.

I imagine nobody will have to stoke anything. The two protagonists will look after the same next Sunday. I'd get short odds on some spectacular Monday morning headlines

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 31, 2013, 11:52:25 PM
Thats cause if your naming the best team of the past 30yrs there be likely 6 kerry men on it off hand, u look at the same Tyrone team over the same period you have P Canavan. Kerry had a better team , Tyrone a better system and manager. If the current Donegal team played one on one, they get creamed by Cork and Dublin and possible Tyrone as well.  Dara O`Se was better than S Canvanagh, T`OSe was better than P Jordan, the gooch was better than S O`Neill, D 0`Sullivan/P Galvin was better than B Dooher. Tyrone had a very good team, kerry had some legendary players who played in 7 all-irelands.

Half the problem is that Kerry supporters actually believe that their players were so much better and come out with all this natural footballer crap. It wasn't a system that beat Kerry in 05 or 08. Both games were high scoring total football matches. The Tyrone players proved when they were fully fit that they were more than equal to that great Kerry side. Anyone who watched the finals would have to be very biased to question the footballing ability of that Tyrone team.

heffo

What year was Gooch bitten on the hand?

Mike Sheehy

I think it was the same year he was gouged in the eye ? ..or possibly the same year that Galvin had his nuts grabbed...or was Galvin spat at? ....jaysus , its hard to keep a track of the thuggery that these Tyrone lads get up to.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

cadence

it'll be like a game of basketball if he's reffing in then.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: qz on April 01, 2013, 04:33:52 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 31, 2013, 11:39:32 PM
The root of all the Kerry v  Tyrone animosity is the feeling within Tyrone that they have never gotten the credit they feel they deserve. For example, It galls them to see the media still talking about the legends like Tomas, gooch , Galvin, Declan O'Sullivan etc while they are , largely, ignored. The puzzling thing is  why they feel the need to blame Kerry for this. Its not  our fault that guys like Dooher, Philip Gormley, Eoin Jordan etc are forgotten about.

The single reason for the animosity is Tyrone have won all the most important games between the teams in the last decade. It is Kerry induced. There is no animosity in Tyrone against Kerry.

I think it goes deeper than that. Tyrone are jealous of Kerrys status within the GAA.Maybe they are just jealous of Kerry, period. A bit like the Aussies, there is always a strong hint of cultural cringe on Tyrones part when the two counties share the national spotlight.

cadence

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 01, 2013, 04:14:09 PM
The root of all the Kerry v  Tyrone animosity is the feeling within Tyrone that they have never gotten the credit they feel they deserve. For example, It galls them to see the media still talking about the legends like Tomas, gooch , Galvin, Declan O'Sullivan etc while they are , largely, ignored. The puzzling thing is  why they feel the need to blame Kerry for this. Its not  our fault that guys like Dooher, Philip Gormley, Eoin Jordan etc are forgotten about.

The single reason for the animosity is Tyrone have won all the most important games between the teams in the last decade. It is Kerry induced. There is no animosity in Tyrone against Kerry.

I think it goes deeper than that. Tyrone are jealous of Kerrys status within the GAA.Maybe they are just jealous of Kerry, period. A bit like the Aussies, there is always a strong hint of cultural cringe on Tyrones part when the two counties share the national spotlight.

rather than guess what you mean, could you explain to me this strong hint of tyrone cultural cringe? and what do the aussies have to do with it? 

red hander

I'd say any animosity from Tyrone is aimed at idiots like you from the Kingdom who peddle this shite and clearly haven't got over their beatings in 2003, 2005 and 2008. The jealousy you talk about is only one-way, I can assure you. As for your status... sure for years you only had to beat a hurling county to waltz into an AI semi-final, and I don't know why you're bringing the Aussies into it.  But, sure, enjoy your tea and buns at Garvaghey on Sunday

Gaffer

Mugsy's back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

http://www.teamtalkmag.com/archives/22272

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: cadence on April 01, 2013, 04:22:32 PM

rather than guess what you mean, could you explain to me this strong hint of tyrone cultural cringe? and what do the aussies have to do with it?

Oh, you are from Tyrone again are you ? I thought you were a Donegal man.
The link below explains the concept of cultural cringe. It is not specific to Aussies but they are well known for it hence the reason I likened Tyrone people to Aussies. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_cringe#Australia

Jesus, do they teach ye anything up there. 

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: red hander on April 01, 2013, 05:00:43 PM

I'd say any animosity from Tyrone is aimed at idiots like you from the Kingdom who peddle this shite and clearly haven't got over their beatings in 2003, 2005 and 2008. The jealousy you talk about is only one-way, I can assure you. As for your status... sure for years you only had to beat a hurling county to waltz into an AI semi-final, and I don't know why you're bringing the Aussies into it.  But, sure, enjoy your tea and buns at Garvaghey on Sunday

Calm down petal. Why do you Tymoanies always fly off the handle so easily !

ziggysego

Quote from: Gaffer on April 01, 2013, 05:23:18 PM

You're a bit late with the April Fool Gaffer ;)
Testing Accessibility

cadence

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 01, 2013, 05:54:19 PM
Quote from: cadence on April 01, 2013, 04:22:32 PM

Oh, you are from Tyrone again are you ? I thought you were a Donegal man.
The link below explains the concept of cultural cringe. It is not specific to Aussies but they are well known for it hence the reason I likened Tyrone people to Aussies. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_cringe#Australia

Jesus, do they teach ye anything up there.

but sure by that measurement, wanting to know what others think of you because you're insecure, the whole of feckin' ireland is subject to cultural cringe and the whole of practically every country that ever existed is too. people may ask you proudly, what do you think of us?... but answer them in a way that's not gushing with positivity and they take it hard. there's nearly always an element of insecurity about folk, otherwise they can be egotistical arseholes. so people take it hard, because it's a natural response, like you lot do down in kerry when people say you're as thick as shit. a load of old bollocks, but sure that doesn't stop the eejit who generalises now does it?   

sans pessimism

Quote from: ziggysego on April 01, 2013, 06:09:22 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on April 01, 2013, 05:23:18 PM

You're a bit late with the April Fool Gaffer ;)
heard hes back-Micky must think hes got a role to play
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"