Tyrone v Kerry - Omagh - 7th April

Started by ONeill, March 15, 2013, 09:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

I wonder would a Tyrone sandwich be like a Cork sandwich or a Tyrone welcome like a Cork welcome?

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

EC Unique

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 29, 2013, 10:05:44 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 28, 2013, 08:05:26 PM
From Hoganstand.com, aren't we great altogether...  ;)

Tyrone offer Kerry hand of friendship
28 March 2013

Tyrone and Kerry may not be the best of friends on the field, but the Red Hands' supporters club is eager to facilitate the Kingdom's supporters on Sunday.

The sides meet in the last round of the league in Omagh at the weekend. Kerry need a win to have any chance of avoiding relegation, while Tyrone are already into the semi finals.

Tension between the sides has risen over the past decade or so, but Club Tyrone spokesman Mark Conway has urged any Kerry supporters to stop off at their new GAA centre of excellence on the way home from the game for food and drink.

When Tyrone visited Kerry last year in the qualifiers, their supporters were overwhelmed by the hospitality shown by the hosts, and they are keen to show the same courtesy this weekend.

"Tyrone people were very much taken with the fantastic show of support for Mickey Harte and the Tyrone team when we went to Killarney last Just for the qualifiers," said Conway.

"An awful lot of very good Kerry people waited for over an hour and gave our boys a great send off and that was very much appreciated. Our offer of a wee cup of tea and a sandwich after the game in Omagh, before Kerry folk head home, is just a small offer as a response to the generosity the Tyrone team was shown last July in Kerry."

ye can shove ye're sandwiches up yer arse!

Just to clarify the sandwiches are in Tyrone. We are not sending them to Kerry. So this does not concern you.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Orchardman on March 30, 2013, 12:47:13 PM

Of course time has moved on, it's 10 years now since the 03 game and even the youngest guy sean cavanagh was injured last year. But sure it's no different to kerry missing darragh o'se, tom o' sullivan, Mike Mac, Tommy walsh etc who have all moved on. But I do agree that it's no form of revenge and nothing can detract from those 3 big wins, but kerry could only beat what was in front of them last summer and they did it well

Nonsense. As a Kerry (Tralee) lad remarked to me some weeks after the game, Tyrone were a mere shadow of the Noughties team in their pomp. But then, he harboured no bitterness!  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Orchardman

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 30, 2013, 04:57:58 PM
Quote from: Orchardman on March 30, 2013, 12:47:13 PM

Of course time has moved on, it's 10 years now since the 03 game and even the youngest guy sean cavanagh was injured last year. But sure it's no different to kerry missing darragh o'se, tom o' sullivan, Mike Mac, Tommy walsh etc who have all moved on. But I do agree that it's no form of revenge and nothing can detract from those 3 big wins, but kerry could only beat what was in front of them last summer and they did it well

Nonsense. As a Kerry (Tralee) lad remarked to me some weeks after the game, Tyrone were a mere shadow of the Noughties team in their pomp. But then, he harboured no bitterness!  :P

What are you on about, can you point put exactly what bit I said is actually nonsense? Tyrone people are sore losers. You can't keep harping back to guys that have retired, that's like us saying we have been shite since 08 but that's ok and it doesn't matter if anyone has beaten us in the last 5 years as geezer, marsden and the lads wern't playing!

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Orchardman on March 30, 2013, 07:41:05 PM

What are you on about, can you point put exactly what bit I said is actually nonsense? Tyrone people are sore losers. You can't keep harping back to guys that have retired, that's like us saying we have been shite since 08 but that's ok and it doesn't matter if anyone has beaten us in the last 5 years as geezer, marsden and the lads wern't playing!

I don't recall any Tyrone supporter saying that Kerry were not very deserving winners in that game last summer. They pulled away from Tyrone pretty early on really and the 10 point win did not flatter them. Anybody who says however that it was Kerry finally beating the Tyrone team who had dominated them in the championship the previous decade is wrong. As I said earlier there were 10 Tyrone players on the field who had never played against Kerry in the championship. That should not be too difficult a point to get your head around.

I think you are being kind to Armagh in saying they have been shite since 2008. They were finished well before that ;D

Orchardman

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on March 31, 2013, 01:33:50 PM
Quote from: Orchardman on March 30, 2013, 07:41:05 PM

I don't recall any Tyrone supporter saying that Kerry were not very deserving winners in that game last summer. They pulled away from Tyrone pretty early on really and the 10 point win did not flatter them. Anybody who says however that it was Kerry finally beating the Tyrone team who had dominated them in the championship the previous decade is wrong. As I said earlier there were 10 Tyrone players on the field who had never played against Kerry in the championship. That should not be too difficult a point to get your head around.

I think you are being kind to Armagh in saying they have been shite since 2008. They were finished well before that ;D

What is wrong with tyrone people? Look at your post and you agree with everything I said, so get your own head around it.
1. Tyrone were shite last year, both teams are in transition but kerry were far better and stuffed them.
2. Of course it wasn't better than winning an all-ireland final in 05 and 08!  All of which I have all ready said

Now i'm just waiting for srath ban to point out which bit i said was nonsense.

Armagh were still the second best team in 06 after kerry, could be argued they were no good after that but that another story!

crossfire

This debate has gone off course.

The fact remains that some Kerry players "over celebrated" a qualifier win over Tyrone, so obviously previous defeats hurt them badly.

spuds

Quote from: crossfire on March 31, 2013, 03:55:58 PM
This debate has gone off course.

The fact remains that some Kerry players "over celebrated" a qualifier win over Tyrone, so obviously previous defeats hurt them badly.

The fact is Kerry beat Tyrone. Get over it.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Mike Sheehy

The root of all the Kerry v  Tyrone animosity is the feeling within Tyrone that they have never gotten the credit they feel they deserve. For example, It galls them to see the media still talking about the legends like Tomas, gooch , Galvin, Declan O'Sullivan etc while they are , largely, ignored. The puzzling thing is  why they feel the need to blame Kerry for this. Its not  our fault that guys like Dooher, Philip Gormley, Eoin Jordan etc are forgotten about.

Wildweasel74

Thats cause if your naming the best team of the past 30yrs there be likely 6 kerry men on it off hand, u look at the same Tyrone team over the same period you have P Canavan. Kerry had a better team , Tyrone a better system and manager. If the current Donegal team played one on one, they get creamed by Cork and Dublin and possible Tyrone as well.  Dara O`Se was better than S Canvanagh, T`OSe was better than P Jordan, the gooch was better than S O`Neill, D 0`Sullivan/P Galvin was better than B Dooher. Tyrone had a very good team, kerry had some legendary players who played in 7 all-irelands.

Wildweasel74

ps mike, its C Gormley, P Jordan, its a bad sign you cant remember their names, short memories in Kerry lol

BennyHarp

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 31, 2013, 11:54:13 PM
ps mike, its C Gormley, P Jordan, its a bad sign you cant remember their names, short memories in Kerry lol

This comment is the reason why I'm not going to even bother replying to your previous one!
That was never a square ball!!

qz

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 31, 2013, 11:39:32 PM
The root of all the Kerry v  Tyrone animosity is the feeling within Tyrone that they have never gotten the credit they feel they deserve. For example, It galls them to see the media still talking about the legends like Tomas, gooch , Galvin, Declan O'Sullivan etc while they are , largely, ignored. The puzzling thing is  why they feel the need to blame Kerry for this. Its not  our fault that guys like Dooher, Philip Gormley, Eoin Jordan etc are forgotten about.

The single reason for the animosity is Tyrone have won all the most important games between the teams in the last decade. It is Kerry induced. There is no animosity in Tyrone against Kerry.

Tubberman

Quote from: qz on April 01, 2013, 04:33:52 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 31, 2013, 11:39:32 PM

The single reason for the animosity is Tyrone have won all the most important games between the teams in the last decade. It is Kerry induced. There is no animosity in Tyrone against Kerry.

Well from the outside looking in, that seems to be complete rubbish.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ziggysego

There's potentially a good game coming up on Sunday in Omagh. Tyrone v Kerry. Tyrone looking to top the Division One table and Kerry looking to avoid dropping down to Division Two.

There is no need need to be stoking the flames and riling up old bitterness between the two counties. The most of such, exists only in the back pages of the press and in the minds of some grumpy gaaboarders.

Sit back, speculate about the game and enjoy it.
Testing Accessibility