Tyrone v Kerry - Omagh - 7th April

Started by ONeill, March 15, 2013, 09:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

"Royally"

Oh aye, a well disguised dig at our nationality!! Mike Sheehy Would have been proud!!

;)
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

BennyHarp

Quote from: rrhf on April 09, 2013, 11:50:01 PM
Why not you have a go:
N Morgan, D Mc Caul, Joe Mc Mahon, D Carlin; Mackers, Justin Mc Mahon, Ronan Mc Nabb, Sean Cavanagh & Kelvin Hughes, Mark Donnelly, Penrose, P Harte, Steven O Neill, Colm Cavanagh, Conor Mc Aliskey.
SUBS: Coney, (14) Mc Kenna (midfield, 11 and ff) (a Cassidy midfield and ff) etc    I think Tyrone need to hurt teams from close in this year and would go for a big man in f/f with the likes of O Neill and Mc Aliskey taking it off them.  I have went for 2 speedy wing backs in my opinion the current best 2 in Tyrone.  I have 2 of the consistent three best club midfielders in Tyrone in there rewarded for their excellence, Hughes told specifically to add a physical element to the sectorr and let Cavanagh play the football.  My half forward line which will have good days and bad days takes Peties out of the middle and a freeer position on the wing.  I see this line as being a defensive hardworking group who are Tyrone hardest working line on the field.  They take breaks, mark kick outs and track back to free up the half backs to get on up.  I must admit I like it.   A hardworking direct physical team.  Lets face we dont have a great supply of forawrds at the moment I dont think either Ronal O neill or Mc Curry are starters at the moment but have promises.  The best full back in Tyrone is Joe Mc Mahon and I start off by sealing the gaps.  With Mc caul equally adapt beside him or switching, , I believe Sean Cavanagh needs the physicality of Hughes surely but over the last 2 years playing his best football when not injured.,then again maybe too old.   

No Adrian Cush??
That was never a square ball!!

Redhand Santa

Quote from: rrhf on April 09, 2013, 11:50:01 PM
Why not you have a go:
N Morgan, D Mc Caul, Joe Mc Mahon, D Carlin; Mackers, Justin Mc Mahon, Ronan Mc Nabb, Sean Cavanagh & Kelvin Hughes, Mark Donnelly, Penrose, P Harte, Steven O Neill, Colm Cavanagh, Conor Mc Aliskey.
SUBS: Coney, (14) Mc Kenna (midfield, 11 and ff) (a Cassidy midfield and ff) etc    I think Tyrone need to hurt teams from close in this year and would go for a big man in f/f with the likes of O Neill and Mc Aliskey taking it off them.  I have went for 2 speedy wing backs in my opinion the current best 2 in Tyrone.  I have 2 of the consistent three best club midfielders in Tyrone in there rewarded for their excellence, Hughes told specifically to add a physical element to the sectorr and let Cavanagh play the football.  My half forward line which will have good days and bad days takes Peties out of the middle and a freeer position on the wing.  I see this line as being a defensive hardworking group who are Tyrone hardest working line on the field.  They take breaks, mark kick outs and track back to free up the half backs to get on up.  I must admit I like it.   A hardworking direct physical team.  Lets face we dont have a great supply of forawrds at the moment I dont think either Ronal O neill or Mc Curry are starters at the moment but have promises.  The best full back in Tyrone is Joe Mc Mahon and I start off by sealing the gaps.  With Mc caul equally adapt beside him or switching, , I believe Sean Cavanagh needs the physicality of Hughes surely but over the last 2 years playing his best football when not injured.,then again maybe too old.   

Do you really think that team is significantly better than the one likely to be named by Harte against Donegal? In my opinion it is no better. The changes you've made involve bringing in 2 Donaghmore men, both of whom have never proved themselves at county level. Also to play McNabb and Carlin who have both been injured all league so Harte couldn't play them if he wanted to. I really don't think Colm Cavanagh would be a good option at full forward either. His only chance of starting is in midfield or half forward. I'm concerned about the lack of options around midfield but wouldn't be convinced that Kelvin Hughes at this stage is going to solve that.

The thing is that most people would pick a different starting 15. Like you've named a team above that no one else here probably would and as I said I don't think its stronger than what Harte will pick. In my opinion Harte is in the best position to pick the team and I'd be happy he'll do as good a job as any man in Tyrone. That doesn't mean we'll win the All Ireland but we'll be hard to beat.

rrhf

Yes we are agreed if you actually asked I want Harte over seniors u 21s and with a strong say in minors but you asked me to pick a hypothetical team with players in And out

Club Rossa

Good to see Ciaran McLaughlin treating Kerry royally,in complete contrast to his personal vendetta against Ardboe GFC >:(