Mac Ilroy - Can red white and blue claim Green ?

Started by Trout, April 10, 2011, 12:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 11, 2011, 12:18:08 AM
Ya sorry lads, was in the middle east last few yrs and didnt see the last few masters, quail hollow is right, and mciliroy said it after his final rd about westwood which annoyed me, as i read this somewhere as Tony posted..

Rory wont be reading on here so wont be aware of my kicking ;), and as muppet says dont spoil the kicking :D

Hopefully he'll mature like me on here,

Reading that Times article it seems like it was a bit of craic and maybe the 2 of them have had a jibe about it before. Yeah he messed up on the Master's thing but it seems like he is generally well liked by the other pro's. I can't imagine anyone would have wanted to see that today it was excruciating especially for such a young person with such obvious talent and a bright future ahead.

He spoke well at the finish and hopefully he can get the right people around him to get his head right and get him back on track. I sincerely hope he recovers. . . . and that he learns how to Putt! If it wasn't for that damn alligator I'm sure Chubbs Peterson would have given him a helping hand ;)

tyroneman

It's a no win situation for the lad. If he says nothing but PR platitudes he's seen as a personality free robot. If he has a bit of banter then he's a cocky wee so and so.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: muppet on April 11, 2011, 12:05:03 AM
Quote from: gallsman on April 11, 2011, 12:00:17 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 10, 2011, 11:54:04 PM
I got be honest, but its not begrudgery or anything like that, i just never really liked mcilroy, he always has something to say, usually negative about other players, he demeaned the ryder cup before he played in it and then it was best thing ever, hes constantly giving his opinion on other players, when he won the dubai classic with a final rd of 64, he siad to westwood,"now thats how you finish a final rd" a bit of kick in the guts to westwood referring to his 5 shot lead in masters last yr, so i see today as karma but it wasnt nice to see at the same time, im sure westwood will comfort him despite mcilroys stupid comment..

Do you mean his 62 at Quail Hollow?

McIlroy won the 2009 Dubai Desert Classic, Westwood blew his lead in last year's Master.

Don't spoil the kicking with accuracy!

Class interview by a class act. He'll be back.

Class interview? Thought it was the bog standard sport/golf cliche speel!!!

For a class interview after a blow up in the masters check out greg normans assessment of things after his explosion in the press conference!

mylestheslasher

Tough luck on him, felt really sorry for him when it started to go pear shaped. He is only 21 and you need to lose a few like this before you know enough to win.

deiseach

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 11, 2011, 10:15:23 AM
Tough luck on him, felt really sorry for him when it started to go pear shaped. He is only 21 and you need to lose a few like this before you know enough to win.

Like this? Isn't that a bit extreme? ;)

ludermor

Quote from: deiseach on April 11, 2011, 10:33:43 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 11, 2011, 10:15:23 AM

Like this? Isn't that a bit extreme? ;)
I wonder has Schwartzel has lost a few like that?

highorlow

I played as bad as Rory one Sunday also.

The difference is I had to go to work the next day. I'm sure 'poor' Rory will get over it.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

AZOffaly

Quote from: highorlow on April 11, 2011, 11:01:35 AM
I played as bad as Rory one Sunday also.

The difference is I had to go to work the next day. I'm sure 'poor' Rory will get over it.

Yeah, but that is his work. You played poorly when no one was even looking at you. Rory fell apart in front of the world. I had to turn it off it was so painful to watch.

I love lads who say 'ah sure he'll get over it, look at the money he has'. If it was money he was in it for alone, he'd not be as good as he is. It's his job, so the money is important, but when you have made as much as he had, it becomes about winning the big events and being the best you can be. This is a hammer blow, but I think he can come back. He seems to have a good sense of perspective.

highorlow

I love lads who over use the word 'poor'.

If it's sympathy that needs to be directed at a sportsman after this week end then it should be towards Peter O'Toole.

I'm sure he would gladly swap places with 'poor' Rory this morning.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Trout

So in the end Mac Ilroy just delivered brown, in his togs.

Chin up Rory, don't let the begrudgers and nay sayers get you down.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

AZOffaly

Quote from: highorlow on April 11, 2011, 11:18:30 AM

If it's sympathy that needs to be directed at a sportsman after this week end then it should be towards Peter O'Toole.

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't you feel sympathy for both, for completely different reasons? Of course Peter Toole's is much more serious and not comparable in any way.

That doesn't mean you can't feel sympathy for someone who has just blown a chance of winning a major.

It's not a competition for sympathy/empathy.

stephenite

Bingo

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 11, 2011, 11:24:38 AM
Quote from: highorlow on April 11, 2011, 11:18:30 AM

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't you feel sympathy for both, for completely different reasons? Of course Peter O'Toole's is much more serious and not comparable in any way.

That doesn't mean you can't feel sympathy for someone who has just blown a chance of winning a major.

It's not a competition for sympathy/empathy.

Totally. Not right trying to play one off the other.

Plus its Peter Toole.

AZOffaly

Bingo