Mac Ilroy - Can red white and blue claim Green ?

Started by Trout, April 10, 2011, 12:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spuds

Quote from: ziggysego on April 11, 2011, 10:42:23 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 11, 2011, 10:32:19 PM
Quote from: stew on April 11, 2011, 10:30:05 PM
Whatever his politics I wouldnt wish that meltdown on anyone, McIlroy is a fantastic golfer who will win multiple majors in the years to come, i would not be surprised if he won one this year, he has the game and will learn a lot from this beat down, he is 21 and for some to come on here and enjoy the fact he lost the way he did is a testiment to their ignorance.

I will follow his career with interest and wish him nothing but the best of luck in the year ahead.

+1

Some arseholes on here

+2

+1

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Hardy

Quote from: stew on April 11, 2011, 10:30:05 PM
Whatever his politics I wouldnt wish that meltdown on anyone, McIlroy is a fantastic golfer who will win multiple majors in the years to come, i would not be surprised if he won one this year, he has the game and will learn a lot from this beat down, he is 21 and for some to come on here and enjoy the fact he lost the way he did is a testiment to their ignorance.

I will follow his career with interest and wish him nothing but the best of luck in the year ahead.
WTF?

Leo

Most depressing thread I have read on here.
Local youngster leads biggest golf tournament in the world but falls at final hurdle and all some prats are interested in is his religion sad, pathetic.
Fierce tame altogether

leaveherinsir

Must be one of the worst most pointless threads on this board. Golf is game that can aim to transcend the politics/religion bullshit that is still so unfortunately prevelant in society today. Who cares what rugby team/football team he supports, what religion he is, or anything else on those lines. He is a professional golfer, he had a nightmare round. He may go onto win majors, he may not. Anyway there is a golf thread and a masters thread to discuss that.

supersub

What a brutal topic/thread/angle to take on the lad.

PS Spell his name right in the title

theskull1

All we can hope for is that the mass ridicule will help some to take an evolutionary step.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

gerrykeegan

Must be hard for Rory to have to travel on this flight, hopefully it might actually help

http://twitpic.com/4jqjuf
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Hound

Quote from: deiseach on April 11, 2011, 01:06:05 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 11, 2011, 12:35:39 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on April 11, 2011, 12:31:18 PM
He'll be back. Sure how many times did Harrington blow up down through the years before winning his first major. The lad is 21 for christ sake.
I agree but the Garcia comparisons should serve as a warning to Rory of how it could go for him, Garcia was equally as féted at the same age and sadly has no Major to show for it as yet.

The difference between Harrington and Garcia is putting. You could also argue their driving and iron play are a difference too, but as the old saying goes 'you drive for show and you putt for dough'.
Which is exactly why the Garcia-McIlroy comparison is so apt.

I've seen plenty of players take 80 in the last round when leading or in contention. I've never seen anyone miss so many short putts.

Rory needs to sort out his putting stroke. If he does, then he'll definitely win majors.

NAG1

Quote from: gerrykeegan on April 12, 2011, 08:11:02 AM
Must be hard for Rory to have to travel on this flight, hopefully it might actually help

http://twitpic.com/4jqjuf

Yeah those lazy boy chairs in the private jet and champagne on tap must be a killer!  ;)

He played well, wasnt quite good enough in one part of one round, the rest of it is just bullshit. He is obviously good enough to win one, now lets just sit back and hope that he does!

Ulick

I see young Rory has decided he may not be British after all. Watch the local press go for him now.

haranguerer

Whats that about Ulick?

Had to laugh at the waxing lyrical about him having built the golf course at his house and how he matched it to US courses etc so he was gonna live in the north forever with his childhood sweetheart holly (who he clearly he didnt want to be there in that homecoming vid) etc etc, then a few weeks later hes split with her and is basing himself in the US   ;D

Bogball XV

Quote from: haranguerer on August 11, 2011, 12:20:44 PM
Whats that about Ulick?

Had to laugh at the waxing lyrical about him having built the golf course at his house and how he matched it to US courses etc so he was gonna live in the north forever with his childhood sweetheart holly (who he clearly he didnt want to be there in that homecoming vid) etc etc, then a few weeks later hes split with her and is basing himself in the US   ;D
I think he's only spending part of the year there, he's only looking to buy an apartment, not building a huge big place like Gmac.

Minder

Quote from: Ulick on August 11, 2011, 11:53:33 AM
I see young Rory has decided he may not be British after all. Watch the local press go for him now.

I thought he had just said he may play for Ireland at the Olympics, just keeping everyone sweet really by not alienating anyone. Does anyone really give a fcuk who he plays for, it shouldn't be an Olympic sport anyway.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

MW

I see young Rory has decided he may not be British after all.

I see Ulick is talking bollocks again.

McIlroy's trying to stay out of an identity tug-of-war, but you just can't help yourself...

Ulick

Quote from: MW on August 11, 2011, 05:04:47 PM
I see young Rory has decided he may not be British after all.

I see Ulick is talking bollocks again.

McIlroy's trying to stay out of an identity tug-of-war, but you just can't help yourself...

Wasn't me who started the thread or the countless others on this forum and others. While you're here MW, what's your take on the "Londonderry Messi"? Is this another attempt by OWC to force their identity on people?