Mac Ilroy - Can red white and blue claim Green ?

Started by Trout, April 10, 2011, 12:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Green White Orange Blue White Red, C'mon on the Irish, who gives a flying fck.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Maguire01

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 10, 2011, 12:30:39 PM
or indeed, a flying flag.

Good luck Rory.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 10, 2011, 01:14:15 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 10, 2011, 12:30:39 PM
or indeed, a flying flag.

Good luck Rory.

Well they don't have much nutritianal value do they.

Best of luck Rory, do Ireland proud.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Radda bout yeee

Not that it metters but Rory McIlroy is a catholic isn't he? Then again are there any catholics in Hollywood!  :P

Good Luck Ruairi!

Hardy

Other well-known disclaimers:

Some of my best friends are <group name>s
I was only following orders
It shouldn't have happened
I had drink taken, yer honour
I'm not racist, but ...

Tonto

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on April 10, 2011, 01:54:08 PM
Not that it metters but Rory McIlroy is a catholic isn't he?
If it doesn't matter why are you asking? ::)

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on April 10, 2011, 01:54:08 PM
Not that it metters but Rory McIlroy is a catholic isn't he? Then again are there any catholics in Hollywood!  :P

Good Luck Ruairi!

Google is you friend....from reading this Rory doesn't really care what his religion is....

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/people,,rory-mcilroy-a-legend-in-the-making,81271

Thursday December 6, 2007
return to People
Rory McIlroy: a legend in the making
Rory McIlroy

A Catholic who grew up in a Protestant suburb of Belfast, went to one of the region's feted non-denominational schools and never took much interest in either religion or politics, is being touted as the young, smiling poster-boy of post-conflict Northern Ireland.

Nineteen-year-old golfer Rory McIlroy tees off at Augusta today with the praise of golf's great and good ringing in his ears. Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player, Ernie Els and Mark O'Meara have all suggested McIlroy, ranked 17 in the world after winning the Dubai Desert Classic in February, could go on to become a legend of the game.

He grew up chipping balls into a washing machine. His mother took night shifts at a factory and his father worked three jobs, for 90 hours every week, to find the funds for a 1,200 sq ft floodlit putting green in the back garden.

He makes his Masters debut today alongside Anthony Kim, the self-assured Korean-American, and another, even younger, teenage debutant, Japan's Ryo Ishikawa. It's a tournament that McIlroy couldn't wait to play in.

"I always got very excited about the Masters as a kid. I could hardly wait until the Wednesday when you'd get the BBC's preview," he said "And I'd then be glued to the screen until Sunday night. I really got hooked when Tiger Woods won it in 1997 (by a record 12 strokes). I was only eight but I watched every hole that year. I've got the tape and I've seen it so many times I can tell you almost every shot he played."
LAST UPDATED 5:08 PM, APRIL 9, 2009

Read more: http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/people,,rory-mcilroy-a-legend-in-the-making,81271#ixzz1J7zco9u2

Tony Baloney

"Not that it matters" but I believe him to be a (non-practising?) Catholic and OWCer at the same time. He has made it very plain in previous interviews that he would like to play golf for Britain in the Olympics, is a supporter of the Norn Ireland soccer team, famously draped himself in the Norn Iron fleg after the Ryder Cup victory etc. etc. If he was less successful some people on here would refer to him as a "castle Catholic".

I'll start the clock ticking on Ulick to row in to tell us he's his cousin and his uncle played football for Armagh. Tick tock, tick tock.

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Ulick

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 10, 2011, 03:27:18 PM
"Not that it matters" but I believe him to be a (non-practising?) Catholic and OWCer at the same time. He has made it very plain in previous interviews that he would like to play golf for Britain in the Olympics, is a supporter of the Norn Ireland soccer team, famously draped himself in the Norn Iron fleg after the Ryder Cup victory etc. etc. If he was less successful some people on here would refer to him as a "castle Catholic".

I'll start the clock ticking on Ulick to row in to tell us he's his cousin and his uncle played football for Armagh. Tick tock, tick tock.

Tick, tick, tick...

Go fyck yourself, dickhead.

sammymaguire

Being from our part of the world this kind of debate is inevitable if highly inconsequential as he is a professional golfer, not a politician nor statesman of any sort but I would like to see him come out and nail his colours to whatever flag he chooses and not try to be everything to every man, for me that's awful shallow although in the world of media, advertising etc... It's the safest option

Adh mor ort tonight Rory lad.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: sammymaguire on April 10, 2011, 04:40:51 PM
Being from our part of the world this kind of debate is inevitable if highly inconsequential as he is a professional golfer, not a politician nor statesman of any sort but I would like to see him come out and nail his colours to whatever flag he chooses and not try to be everything to every man, for me that's awful shallow although in the world of media, advertising etc... It's the safest option

Adh mor ort tonight Rory lad.
Him and GMac are right to just batter away at the golf and forget about the other muck. They are both a credit to this place they can let the punters to decide what "this place" is.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Ulick on April 10, 2011, 04:32:43 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 10, 2011, 03:27:18 PM

Tick, tick, tick...

Go fyck yourself, d**khead.
I believe that post constitutes personal abuse. The mods must be out enjoying the sun, but as a gesture of goodwill I'll let it slide and ask the mods for compassion.

You're welcome.