Mac Ilroy - Can red white and blue claim Green ?

Started by Trout, April 10, 2011, 12:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Quote from: stephenite on April 11, 2011, 11:25:23 AM
You're a class act Trout

In fairness the aptly named Trout got exactly what he wanted from this thread, shouda been merged with the masters thread ages ago.
Don't Panic

Hardy

Quote from: Trout on April 11, 2011, 11:19:23 AM
So in the end Mac Ilroy just delivered brown, in his togs.

Chin up Rory, don't let the begrudgers and nay sayers get you down.

What a pathetic excuse for a living creature is a parasite who thrives on the misfortunes of others.

ballinaman

He'll be back. Sure how many times did Harrington blow up down through the years before winning his first major. The lad is 21 for christ sake.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: ballinaman on April 11, 2011, 12:31:18 PM
He'll be back. Sure how many times did Harrington blow up down through the years before winning his first major. The lad is 21 for christ sake.
I agree but the Garcia comparisons should serve as a warning to Rory of how it could go for him, Garcia was equally as féted at the same age and sadly has no Major to show for it as yet.

deiseach

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 11, 2011, 12:35:39 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on April 11, 2011, 12:31:18 PM
I agree but the Garcia comparisons should serve as a warning to Rory of how it could go for him, Garcia was equally as féted at the same age and sadly has no Major to show for it as yet.

The difference between Harrington and Garcia is putting. You could also argue their driving and iron play are a difference too, but as the old saying goes 'you drive for show and you putt for dough'.

muppet

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on April 11, 2011, 09:35:36 AM
Quote from: muppet on April 11, 2011, 12:05:03 AM
Quote from: gallsman on April 11, 2011, 12:00:17 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 10, 2011, 11:54:04 PM
I got be honest, but its not begrudgery or anything like that, i just never really liked mcilroy, he always has something to say, usually negative about other players, he demeaned the ryder cup before he played in it and then it was best thing ever, hes constantly giving his opinion on other players, when he won the dubai classic with a final rd of 64, he siad to westwood,"now thats how you finish a final rd" a bit of kick in the guts to westwood referring to his 5 shot lead in masters last yr, so i see today as karma but it wasnt nice to see at the same time, im sure westwood will comfort him despite mcilroys stupid comment..

Do you mean his 62 at Quail Hollow?

McIlroy won the 2009 Dubai Desert Classic, Westwood blew his lead in last year's Master.

Don't spoil the kicking with accuracy!

Class interview by a class act. He'll be back.

Class interview? Thought it was the bog standard sport/golf cliche speel!!!

For a class interview after a blow up in the masters check out greg normans assessment of things after his explosion in the press conference!

Yes Norman gave a class interview. He was 41 years old at the time.

Rory also gave a class interview especially considering he is 21.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 10, 2011, 11:54:04 PM
I got be honest, but its not begrudgery or anything like that, i just never really liked mcilroy, he always has something to say, usually negative about other players, he demeaned the ryder cup before he played in it and then it was best thing ever, hes constantly giving his opinion on other players, when he won the dubai classic with a final rd of 64, he siad to westwood,"now thats how you finish a final rd" a bit of kick in the guts to westwood referring to his 5 shot lead in masters last yr, so i see today as karma but it wasnt nice to see at the same time, im sure westwood will comfort him despite mcilroys stupid comment..

Same as that,I don't really like him myself.
Not that he should care who likes him anyway,he is a top sportsman playing one of the World's best games(IMO) at the highest level.
If he had won yesterday then fair play to him,but it wouldn't have been the same as watching when Harrington won his majors not for me anyway.
Saying that though it isn't nice to see any sportsman* at any level blow up like he did yesterday,he is a good golfer and should win majors some day but I'm not bothered one way or the other if he does or not.
Anyway I'm sure his trophy for best ever interview in the world ever will be of some consolation to him  ::)

* this does not include any English player representing England or Manure player or Roy Keane
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Maguire01

Paul Galvin on Twitter:

I would nt wear that green jacket to the mart.

:D

Nally Stand

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 11, 2011, 08:16:31 PM
Paul Galvin on Twitter:

I would nt wear that green jacket to the mart.

:D

He obviously just doesn't wouldn't want to look silly is all.

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Trout

The following is loud and proud on his official website -

Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

red hander

Quote from: Trout on April 11, 2011, 08:39:49 PM
The following is loud and proud on his official website -

Didn't know he was being sponsored by a toilet roll company

stew

Whatever his politics I wouldnt wish that meltdown on anyone, McIlroy is a fantastic golfer who will win multiple majors in the years to come, i would not be surprised if he won one this year, he has the game and will learn a lot from this beat down, he is 21 and for some to come on here and enjoy the fact he lost the way he did is a testiment to their ignorance.

I will follow his career with interest and wish him nothing but the best of luck in the year ahead.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stew on April 11, 2011, 10:30:05 PM
Whatever his politics I wouldnt wish that meltdown on anyone, McIlroy is a fantastic golfer who will win multiple majors in the years to come, i would not be surprised if he won one this year, he has the game and will learn a lot from this beat down, he is 21 and for some to come on here and enjoy the fact he lost the way he did is a testiment to their ignorance.

I will follow his career with interest and wish him nothing but the best of luck in the year ahead.

+1

Some arseholes on here
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ziggysego

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 11, 2011, 10:32:19 PM
Quote from: stew on April 11, 2011, 10:30:05 PM

+1

Some arseholes on here

+2

+1
Testing Accessibility