Get ready to wave them flegs - Lily Windsor's coming

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, June 23, 2010, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 18, 2011, 08:35:38 PM
To be far both herself & Phil are looking well for their age.

The pair of c***ts havent done a day's work in their lives  :D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Eamonnca1

What are yiz waffling about with the free state rejoining the UK? Catch yourselves on! It's not going to happen and nobody's seriously suggesting it!

As for the currency, it would do no harm to bring back the punt and keep it in line with sterling since the UK is Ireland's biggest trading partner. This Euro experiment has been an utter disaster and the current problems could have been avoided if the Irish central bank still had control of its own currency and interest rates.

SHEEDY

some of the events this week have been a step too far. partition seems to have been copper fastened. the queen has been paraded around like some sort of celebrity with the usual suspects lining up to kiss ass. any dissenting voices are quickly ridiculed as only speaking for a minority. have to say im really disappointed with the down co.board decision to partake in todays sham at croke park. a united ulster non show would have sent the gaa a strong message
nil satis nisi optimum

Eamonnca1

Quote from: sammymaguire on May 18, 2011, 08:55:32 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 18, 2011, 08:35:38 PM
To be far both herself & Phil are looking well for their age.

The pair of c***ts havent done a day's work in their lives  :D
That's actually been refuted on one of the other threads where Philip's concerned. And wasn't Liz a mechanic for the army during the war?

Nally Stand

Quote from: Rossfan on May 18, 2011, 08:37:07 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 18, 2011, 05:17:53 PM
:
In this federations idea, would you allow the 26 counties to surrender some of it's power to the UK so that it would have equal ties to the UK as you would picture the six counties to have? If not, then is that not telling me that your right to full Independence from Britain supersedes mine?

The Dáil would be the local Parliamnet for the 26 Cos looking after internal affairs and Stormont would be similar for the 6 Cos.
The Dáil  would cede some of their powers to an All Ireland Government/Parliament/Confederacy/Congress or whateverwhile Westminster would cede all of their overlordship of the 6 Cos..
As there would be a large 45% ish minority in the 6 Cos who would still consider themselves British there would need to be a mechanism for them to retain British citizenship/passports if they so wish. 
There would likely be some sort of formal Brit link e.g 6 Cos remain in Commonwealth ( a rather meaningless body ) and you can have all the freedom you want .
All this federation stuff is my own idea of how the future All Ireland entity might work out so that all sorts can feel they belong.
I strongly suspect Nally that you want a United Ireland to stick it into Unionists like they did to Nationalists in the 6 Cos from 1922 to 72.
As for 5 of the 6 Co GAA Units staying away from Croke Pk today while Mrs windsor was there ... that's their perogative ... but will they turn down the oul grants  ;)
[/quote]

Aside from all your federation nonsense (which is not mentioned in the Good Friday Agreement, which you were earlier championing the cause of), I would like you to clarify something:

You accuse me of wanting a united Ireland "to stick it into Unionists". That is a disgusting and groundless accusation. You know nothing of me other than what I have posted in this board. If you can find one single sectarian utterance from me about the unionist people, then come forward with it, otherwise, retract your implication that my desire for Irish reunification/freedom is grounded in sectarian pettiness.

(While you are at it, I'll ask you again, maybe you could tell me where I supposedly described the type of Republic Connolly et al died for).
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

gallsman

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 18, 2011, 08:56:42 PM
some of the events this week have been a step too far. partition seems to have been copper fastened. the queen has been paraded around like some sort of celebrity with the usual suspects lining up to kiss ass. any dissenting voices are quickly ridiculed as only speaking for a minority. have to say im really disappointed with the down co.board decision to partake in todays sham at croke park. a united ulster non show would have sent the gaa a strong message

There are plenty of dissenting voices - just not very many who want to be associated with the pikeys on O'Connell street yesterday whose idea of protest is to loot building sites and set bins on fire.

Rossfan

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 18, 2011, 10:22:40 AM
, the men and women for whom that garden was built to remember, died for a 32 county republic.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I said I SUSPECT you want it stuck into Unionists ... not an allegation , just an opinion to which I am entitled to arrive at based on your absolutist views when you talk about the type of a United Ireland you want.

The only people politicising  Mrs Windsor in Croker are those GAA officials from 5 of the 6 Cos who refused to attend.
Not doing much to "reach out" there lads as ye adopt the same position as Sinn Féin fuelling the oul accusation by Unionists and anti GAA people that the GAA was " Sinn Féin at play".
But sure the same people were opposed to Rule 21'a abolition and to the Rule 42 amendment.
Ye'll catch up with the good ship GAA yet lads. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Nally Stand

Quote from: Rossfan on May 18, 2011, 09:29:19 PM
, the men and women for whom that garden was built to remember, died for a 32 county republic.

I said I SUSPECT you want it stuck into Unionists ... not an allegation , just an opinion to which I am entitled to arrive at based on your absolutist views when you talk about the type of a United Ireland you want.

The only people politicising  Mrs Windsor in Croker are those GAA officials from 5 of the 6 Cos who refused to attend.
Not doing much to "reach out" there lads as ye adopt the same position as Sinn Féin fuelling the oul accusation by Unionists and anti GAA people that the GAA was " Sinn Féin at play".
But sure the same people were opposed to Rule 21'a abolition and to the Rule 42 amendment.
Ye'll catch up with the good ship GAA yet lads. ;)

It's like talking to a child.

1. Quote me making any sectarian comment about unionists or retract your accusation.
2. Quote where I described "the type of Republic" Connolly died for.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Eamonnca1

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 18, 2011, 08:56:42 PM
How has a state visit from a friendly neighbouring country "copper fastened partition"? I thought the constitutional setup was settled when the people voted for the terms of the Good Friday Agreement, and that was a long time before this visit.

Rossfan

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 18, 2011, 09:39:28 PM

For fcuk sake where did they get you from  ;D ;D

Nally Stand

Quote from: Rossfan on May 18, 2011, 09:44:59 PM

1. Quote me making any sectarian comment about unionists or retract your accusation.

Tony Baloney

A United Ireland under British control is the answer.

Rossfan

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 18, 2011, 09:49:39 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 18, 2011, 09:44:59 PM

for fcuk sake where did they get you from  ;D ;D

Nally Stand

Quote from: lfdown2 on April 08, 2011, 02:19:54 AM
Does no-one think that (as is implied either on this thread or the thread in general discussion) the only reason for her visiting Croke Park is to issue an apology?

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 09, 2011, 12:29:05 PM
Whilst this is clearly a sensitive subject, is it not likely that she's going there to mark or apologise for what happened there?

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 09, 2011, 09:51:36 PM
Quote from: gerry on April 09, 2011, 09:45:17 PM
can anyone tell me why she going to croker?
Could you take an educated guess?

Quote from: Orangemac on April 10, 2011, 12:59:24 AM
You wouldimagne she will make some sort of statement when she goes to Croke park in terms of acknowledging Brithish wrongdoings in the past

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 09, 2011, 03:21:02 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 07, 2011, 09:56:15 PM
Reagan - no visit to Croke Park.
Clinton - no visit to Croke Park.
JKF - nope.
Prince Rainier - nope.

Has it occurred to anyone why she might be going to Croke Park?
Some people are a bit slow on the uptake. I also suspect some people don't really want acknowledgement or apologies and would rather 'retain' a perceived 'moral high ground'.

Quote from: muppet on April 09, 2011, 04:16:46 PM
And if the IRA are absolved simply by an apology, surely an apology by the Queen in Ireland will put an enter to your whataboutery?

So I heard the reports of her visit to croke Park, and I've read the text of her speech this evening. What happened this apology lads?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Evil Genius on May 18, 2011, 07:01:53 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 18, 2011, 11:04:10 AMNow, there is another matter to consider; when we speak of a united Ireland, it is well to keep in mind that not all the people of the island wish see this come about.
All of them are not from the Unionist side of the fence either.
I would safely say that, for everyone living Irish person who wants to see a United Ireland, there is at least one other who doesn't give a damn or who would actively oppose it.
That is the stark reality; I have no hang ups at all about the Garden or what stands for but there are many who have. 
Agree 100%.

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 18, 2011, 11:04:10 AM
We will never have any form of a United Ireland until all parties concerned come to a mutual understanding will respect all traditions.

I think the Queen started the process yesterday.
Agree that mutual respect and understanding etc are a pre-requisite for any UI.

However, I do not agree that if/when we do finally achieve complete mutual respect and understanding, then a UI must inevitably follow.

As I see it, this weeks events are like a big party, to which everyone has been invited.

But although both Unionism and Nationalism* have agreed to accept their invite, there's still no sign of them "sharing a taxi home" afterwards!  ;)

* - SF excepted
Don't build your hopes too high, EG; that taxi ride could well be on hold!
When you see the heads of two sovereign states sitting down at table together, there could well be  dark moves afoot! Especially so when they have their respective prime ministers and their foreign affairs ministers in tow as well.
That's unsurprising since they have so many matters of mutual interest to discuss; after all, we are Britain's fifth largest trades' partner while they are our number one.
To cap it ff, it's two bloody women that's doing the nattering!
Aye, there be changed times indeed, North and South!
I'd imagine, Lizzie won't lose the run of herself and sell her loyal subjects  in the Wee Six off at a bargain price and I can't see Mary accepting any sort of sweetener to take  you them aboard either.
It's good to see that representatives of constitutional |Unionism and Nationalism are taking up their invites and I've no problems with Sinn Fein in this regard. Both Adams and McGuinness made their positions clear from the outset.
I know their feelings on the matter and I respect their points of view. They have had their say- as they are entitled to do.
I get the feeling that the great majority of people down here are pleased that the visit is going well.
I don't think  anybody would wish that she would be insulted or upset in any way. It's going to take some time to evaluate the consequences of her visit but I think only good can come from it.

In my last post, I wrote:    " We will never have any form of a United Ireland until all parties concerned come to a mutual understanding will respect all traditions."

To which, you replied: "Agree that mutual respect and understanding etc are a pre-requisite for any UI. However, I do not agree that if/when we do finally achieve complete mutual respect and understanding, then a UI must inevitably follow."

I see no conflict there. I can't see any prospects for any sort of a UI until there is mutual respect and understanding etc etc. between all parties concerned but that is a long way short of declaring that a UI is the inevitable follow on. 
Who knows? We can't hold our descendants to ransom.

Anyway, I'm sure you will join with me in wishing the pair of ladies good luck and good judgement in their deliberations and that, as democrats, we will abide by their decisions.

Don't fret, EG, I'll share a taxi with you any time! ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi