RMDrive

Donegal Team for tomorrow.

P Durcan
P McGrath, N McGee, K Lacey
M Maguire, B Dunnion, F McGlynn
N Gallagher, K Cassidy
M McHugh, R Kavanagh, D Walsh
C McFadden, M Murphy, C Dunne.

I'm surprised at this. No Toye? Maguire still there? Dunnion at CHB?
No surprise that McGrath and McHugh have been given the nod but I'd worry that they will find the physicality of the game tough going.

mrgaa1

Armagh have to announce a team to allow the programme to be printed - whether its right or not is irrelevant.

I suspect one of two things tomorrow - Armagh to get so badly beaten that Armagh management step down and that the crisis that has hit the camp over the past 2 months is revealed.
OR
the makeshift team win a game that Donegal will be wondering how they ever lost it and the Armagh team move on to the next round where they will probably draw Down.

Either way the pampering, the sucking up to etc... to the players has to stop.  Apart from wiping their arse's everything else is done for them.  So its payback time by the players to their county, clubs and followers.  Stand up, be counted and play for each other.

BerfArmagh

BroJolly

Heard on radio Dyas and Anto Duffy are in the team. Assuming that means Finn Mo and Lavery are out?

BroJolly

From BBC Site:
Armagh: P Hearty, A Mallon, B Donaghy, V Martin, P Duffy, C McKeever, K Dyas, C Vernon, K Toner, A Duffy, A Kernan, M Mackin, G Swift, S McDonnell, J Clarke. Subs: P McEvoy, S Forker, B Shannon, J Feeney, F Hanratty, E McNulty, P McKeown, T Kernan, Paul Kernan

Surprised Forker didn't get the nod. Playing with 7 defenders, 5 midfielders and 2 forwards. We did something similar against Monaghan last year

Apple Crumble

Quote from: BroJolly on June 25, 2010, 07:27:41 PM
From BBC Site:
Armagh: P Hearty, A Mallon, B Donaghy, V Martin, P Duffy, C McKeever, K Dyas, C Vernon, K Toner, A Duffy, A Kernan, M Mackin, G Swift, S McDonnell, J Clarke. Subs: P McEvoy, S Forker, B Shannon, J Feeney, F Hanratty, E McNulty, P McKeown, T Kernan, Paul Kernan

Surprised Forker didn't get the nod. Playing with 7 defenders, 5 midfielders and 2 forwards. We did something similar against Monaghan last year

High ball to Swift, knock on to McDonnell/Clarke..................I smell a few onion bags tomorrow.

crossfire

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on June 25, 2010, 07:45:18 AM
Quote from: PatDaly on June 25, 2010, 01:54:29 AM
Any chance Johnny Hanratty from Crossmaglen might start for Armagh?

He's not on the panel... his younger brother Franny is.
They are not related.

mountainboii

Not at all confident about tomorrow. If that team actually takes the field I'll be very disappointed. There are a couple of glaring weaknesses in personnel, and the distinct lack of scoring options will render us extremely predictable. Things will be interesting.

bennydorano

Young Anto's going in against rambo McGlynn on his debut, big ask but best of luck to the lad.  If he can bring the best of his club form he could suprise a few, great in the air and good feet on him.   If Nippy gets going early he'll bag plenty of scores in the FF line - if he plays there of course.

donegal lad

From BBC Site:

after seeing this team for armagh im going to cross in optimistic mood number of players on the donegal team didnt perform at all against down and now they have to stand up and be counted think we could be in for a great game if both teams perform to their best

mountainboii

donegal lad should be happy.

Quote from: Centre HalfArmagh v Donegal – LATEST TICKET INFORMATION

The Armagh v Donegal All-Ireland SFC Qualifier game is "All-Ticket" and tickets may be obtained from the GAA Van at Crossmaglen Clubhouse from 11.00am on Saturday 26 June 2010.

Orior

What has Finian Mo done wrong, or is he injured?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

donegal lad

Quote from: AFS on June 25, 2010, 11:16:56 PM
donegal lad should be happy.

Quote from: Centre HalfArmagh v Donegal – LATEST TICKET INFORMATION

The Armagh v Donegal All-Ireland SFC Qualifier game is "All-Ticket" and tickets may be obtained from the GAA Van at Crossmaglen Clubhouse from 11.00am on Saturday 26 June 2010.
thanks for the info on tickets afs but thanks to having an ex county chairman as a teacher i was able to get a ticket so will b up in cross with my big donegal flag hoping for a gr8 game

mountainboii

Sandy Hill

From BBC Site:

I agree; he would pose more of a scoring threat than some of the forwards lining out.
"Stercus accidit"