Ard Mhacha v Dún na nGall - 26ú Meitheamh

Started by PatDaly, June 13, 2010, 07:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Down Gael

I wonder will the sunday game highlight McDonnells elbow to Barry Dunnion on the first half that was caught on camera. If it was Paul Galvin he would surely be highlighted. Brick Malloy missed yesterdays game for a similar incident.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Take Your Points on June 27, 2010, 09:48:42 AM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on June 27, 2010, 12:16:17 AM

As a neutral i thought he was ordinary enough against a Donegal side who where dreadful. Two off the slackest goals iveseen in some time. Jamie Clarke had no pressure put on him at all. Armagh looked good but Donegal where woeful.

If I was unfortunate enough to be from Down I would be sitting back and wondering had wee James really moved forward this year.  In your own words "Donegal where woeful" and they have been twice hammered by a developing Armagh side, yet Down just about managed to beat them after extra time when Benny Coulter decided he might play for a short time or sometimes referred to as his inter county season.

Well i firstly can say its very fortunate being from a county with more than one all ireland. On the day Donegal where woeful yesterday. They put much greater effort and hunger into their ulster championship clash. Yesterday and in Letterkenny they showed no heart and desire.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on June 27, 2010, 11:56:26 AM

As a neutral i thought he was ordinary enough against a Donegal side who where dreadful. Two off the slackest goals iveseen in some time. Jamie Clarke had no pressure put on him at all. Armagh looked good but Donegal where woeful.

If I was unfortunate enough to be from Down I would be sitting back and wondering had wee James really moved forward this year.  In your own words "Donegal where woeful" and they have been twice hammered by a developing Armagh side, yet Down just about managed to beat them after extra time when Benny Coulter decided he might play for a short time or sometimes referred to as his inter county season.

Well i firstly can say its very fortunate being from a county with more than one all ireland. On the day Donegal where woeful yesterday. They put much greater effort and hunger into their ulster championship clash. Yesterday and in Letterkenny they showed no heart and desire.

You can say Donegal were woeful all you like, but they were woeful against Down. 16 wides in 70+ minutes. Down were lucky to come away with a win in that one.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on June 27, 2010, 11:56:26 AM

:D  :D  :D
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on June 27, 2010, 11:52:53 AM
I wonder will the sunday game highlight McDonnells elbow to Barry Dunnion on the first half that was caught on camera. If it was Paul Galvin he would surely be highlighted. Brick Malloy missed yesterdays game for a similar incident.

Not sure he used the elbow, think he run into Dunnion just.

Armaghgeddon

Anyone see the foul on Jamie Clarke when he was shoved to the ground?

mountainboii

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 27, 2010, 01:41:53 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on June 27, 2010, 11:52:53 AM

Not sure he used the elbow, think he run into Dunnion just.

There was no elbow. Dunnion made a dick of himself. Must've thought he was playing for the Ivory Coast for a bit.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 27, 2010, 12:19:50 AM
Quote from: AFS on June 27, 2010, 12:11:33 AM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on June 27, 2010, 12:05:30 AM
Apart from Cross men, did anyone else think Hanratty had a good day?

Yes, me.

Anyone that thinks otherwise, is thinking shite.

I thought he was wasteful but it is his first game. He reminded me a little of Henderson though.
I thought the same of him.  OTHO J Clarke looks like the real deal
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ardchieftain

Good win, no point in repeating the already mentioned positives.

We will get Cork or an Ulster team i reckon

BerfArmagh

Good win on saturday, I enjoyed the game and the Armagh performance. However, Donegal were absolutely woeful, i felt sorry for the sizeable contingent of their fans that travelled up. Best for Armagh were Donagh, Swift & a fantastic performance by clarke. I also thought aron kernan played well

Some great scores from play throughout the side. Mid field however was poor. Charlie over carried the ball into the tackle on too many occasions, which resulted on one occasion on a very big shoulder which couped him (though he did hold onto the ball). Mal Mackin struggled in what was a hot day for football. Overall considering the players out injured, it was a very good performance

Fermanagh up next!! Could be tricky enough in enniskillen

illdecide

I was expecting a big performance from Donegal but it didn't come, they were gutless and spineless and didn't wanna be there with the camera man catching one of the players who had just been substituted joking and laughing with his team mate in the dugout...WTF.

Anyway all Armagh could do was beat what was put in front of them with a few positive performances especially from some young lads, the match in Fermanagh will be tough and I'd expect Armagh to win by 2pts.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mackers

Quote from: illdecide on June 28, 2010, 09:42:22 AM
I was expecting a big performance from Donegal but it didn't come, they were gutless and spineless and didn't wanna be there with the camera man catching one of the players who had just been substituted joking and laughing with his team mate in the dugout...WTF.

Anyway all Armagh could do was beat what was put in front of them with a few positive performances especially from some young lads, the match in Fermanagh will be tough and I'd expect Armagh to win by 2pts.
It was McFadden, he is the sort of player that Donegal need to get rid of if they are to get out of the rut they're in at the minute. He's a very lazy player with no bite about him at all, Dooher must've really got up his nose for him to gub him a few years ago.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

BerfArmagh

could ye imagine thon guy Murphy playing for a decent side!!! Though Donaghy marshalled him very well

gander

Quote from: BerfArmagh on June 28, 2010, 11:18:50 AM
could ye imagine thon guy Murphy playing for a decent side!!! Though Donaghy marshalled him very well

Thought Donaghy was outstanding on him, Murphy was their only option when putting the ball into the forward line and he kept him too 3 points from play.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: lawnseed on June 26, 2010, 11:17:28 PM
any word on ronan clarke will he feature soon. heard today that paul mcgrane is playing great stuff and is in super shape word is that he is to be asked to fill in while toner recovers, i,d love to see him back even if he was only doing impact sub for 20mins. failing something like that hearty is going to have to place his kickouts abit better we were cleaned out for long periods of the game today

Ronan has one of those space boots on again.
McGrane is flying!