Ard Mhacha v Dún na nGall - 26ú Meitheamh

Started by PatDaly, June 13, 2010, 07:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatDaly

Will this game be played at Páirc Oilobheir Pluinceid, Crois Mhic Lionnáin?

JMohan

Armagh will put up a good fight, but rumours or unrest and the manner of the loss to Monaghan will seriously put doubt in their minds if it stays close.
On the other side Donegal might not even turn up if the weathers good and John Joe is on the way out also ...

Could be a make or break day for POR and Co

Orior

Quote from: JMohan on June 13, 2010, 07:44:27 PM
Armagh will put up a good fight, but rumours or unrest and the manner of the loss to Monaghan will seriously put doubt in their minds if it stays close.
On the other side Donegal might not even turn up if the weathers good and John Joe is on the way out also ...

Armagh won Division Two and had a hicup against Monaghan. Why would there be rumours of unrest?

I think Armagh should start favourites for this.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Maguire01

It's going to be a horribly short year for one of these teams. A very hard one to call.

Armaghgeddon

I would be wary of Armagh.

When they lost to Down they slaughtered Donegal in the next round. However this is championship football. If Armagh lose a man theyre doomed.

Shortso79

bennydorano

Quote from: Orior on June 13, 2010, 07:58:18 PM
Quote from: JMohan on June 13, 2010, 07:44:27 PM

Armagh won Division Two and had a hicup against Monaghan. Why would there be rumours of unrest?

I think Armagh should start favourites for this.

I second the bullshit rumours sentiment.  We got a tanking with 14 men end off, move the f**k on. 

A terrible draw for Armagh, Donegal have all the motivation in the world to beat us.  We needed a soft one to get the show on the road again, this is far from it but if we come through it it will be worth ten times what would be achieved in tanking London or Carlow.

I hope the Armagh Co board fight to their dying breaths to get this game in Cross.  A Saturday eveing game in Clones or Omagh would proably get a thousand more than Cross, there's little financial gain to be had (for Armagh anyway) especailly if we get beaten! 

ardchieftain

My son was heartbroken that he wouldn't  be attending an ulster final this year so come on Armagh, put a smile on my wee lads face by winning on his birthday.

If Armagh do lose this, where do we go from here ?

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: ardchieftain on June 13, 2010, 09:19:52 PM
My son was heartbroken that he wouldn't  be attending an ulster final this year so come on Armagh, put a smile on my wee lads face by winning on his birthday.

Sorry to bring it up again....But hopefully the county board will move heaven and earth to get Grimley.

bennydorano

You could still take him to the Ulster Final if the minors get there ;)

If we lose, we lose. IMO We're in a better position now than when we started the year (without Ronan clarke too), we've progressed - we're not gona break any delph for a year or two - people need to accept that and reassess what they expect from the team.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 13, 2010, 09:23:04 PM

Sorry to bring it up again....But hopefully the county board will move heaven and earth to get Grimley.
He doesn't want the job! People need to move on.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

bennydorano

Grimley had his opportunity and turned it down, move on.  I really think he's letting someone else do the rebuilding and he'll slip in in a two or three years when hopefully we should be realistic challengers again.

PatDaly

This should definitely help the Armagh cause.......

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2010/06/07/Molloy-hit-with-suspension/gnid-70209/

Donegal youngster Dermot Molloy will miss his side's opening game in the All-Ireland qualifier series after landing a four-week ban.

The rising star, known as 'Brick', has been hit with the penalty after referee Joe McQuillan was asked by the CCCC to review video footage of an incident involving him and Down's Damien Rafferty in last weekend's Ulster SFC quarter-final defeat.

The referee reportedly told the powers that be that had he seen the incident at the time he would have sent the young man – who bagged 1-3 in the game in what was his Championship debut - off via a straight red card.

However, he will now miss John Joe Doherty's first qualifier game as they look to get over the extra-time defeat that they suffered in Baleybofey.

Orior

Quote from: bennydorano on June 13, 2010, 09:31:06 PM

Grimley had his opportunity and turned it down, move on.  I really think he's letting someone else do the rebuilding and he'll slip in in a two or three years when hopefully we should be realistic challengers again.

We were also blessed with an unbelievable team from 1998 to 2005. Those of us who remember the wilderness years tend not to set our sights too high.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Maguire01

Quote from: bennydorano on June 13, 2010, 09:31:06 PM

Yes, by which time Stevie McDonnell and possibly Ronan Clarke will have hung up their boots. It might well take Armagh a few more years to be realistic challengers (nationally) again.
I'm sure the likes of Monaghan in 1988 or Donegal in 1992 didn't think they'd be waiting as long on their next Ulster title. Armagh has had a period of unprecedented success and it may be more than a short-term rebuilding process before they reach similar heights.