Ard Mhacha v Dún na nGall - 26ú Meitheamh

Started by PatDaly, June 13, 2010, 07:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: donegal lad on June 23, 2010, 10:33:39 AM
by the sounds of things not gonna be many up from donegal not for da fact we dont want to travel but because we are only meant to have got 1600 tickets 100 of them for the stand

Unusual to see a county chairman use such hip speak.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

donegal lad

Quote from: Orior on June 23, 2010, 02:11:05 PM
by the sounds of things not gonna be many up from donegal not for da fact we dont want to travel but because we are only meant to have got 1600 tickets 100 of them for the stand

im no county chairman just an annoyed fan who doesnt know if hes gonna get to the game due to the lack of tickets given to the county although still hope to be in cross on sat to see what should be a good game

mountainboii

Quote from: donegal lad on June 23, 2010, 03:37:59 PM

im no county chairman just an annoyed fan who doesnt know if hes gonna get to the game due to the lack of tickets given to the county although still hope to be in cross on sat to see what should be a good game

You should head down here. Loadsa tickets.

donegal lad

Quote from: AFS on June 23, 2010, 03:52:04 PM
Quote from: donegal lad on June 23, 2010, 03:37:59 PM

You should head down here. Loadsa tickets.
none to be got up here at all club cant get any more gonna get 1 on ticketmaster tonight tho they seem to have ones available

Shortso79

if you make the trip down - u should get a ticket around the ground

Said in the paper Cross capacity will be limited to 7,700

BerfArmagh

tickets werein sale all day today in the ceannarus, not sure about tomorrow

Smokin Joe

I am a season ticket holder and printed out my tickets this morning.

They say "Unreserved seating" but the go on to say G5 followed by a number (seat number presumably).

There surely is no unreserved seating in Cross.  Is G5 a section number in the stand?

illdecide

Quote from: Smokin Joe on June 24, 2010, 10:08:21 AM
I am a season ticket holder and printed out my tickets this morning.

They say "Unreserved seating" but the go on to say G5 followed by a number (seat number presumably).

There surely is no unreserved seating in Cross.  Is G5 a section number in the stand?

thats in the army barracks saan ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

drici

A tough Cross for Donegal

By Tom It's a Play on Words Comack

Donegal will bid to resurrect their championship challenge when they once again face into the All-Ireland Qualifiers away to Ulster arch rivals Armagh in Crossmaglen.
The game is on Saturday afternoon and is all-ticket. It is seen as the tie of the first round and will be shown live on RTE. Donegal go into the game having lost by two points to Down in the first round of the Ulster championship.

Armagh defeated Derry in Celtic Park in the preliminary round and were beaten in the first round proper just over two weeks ago by Monaghan.

Donegal will be without corner forward Dermot 'Brick' Molloy, who picked up a retrospective four week ban following an incident with the Mourne County's Damien Rafferty and will now miss Saturday's trip to Oliver Plunkett Park.

John Joe Doherty will also have to plan with county U-21 Leo McLoone and Fergal McNulty, neither of whom were used in the Down game and who have opted out of the squad since the defeat to Mourne County.

Doherty, who had his side back for a clear the air meeting the Friday night following their Ulster exit, got back down to preparing in earnest last week.

They played a challenge game against Derry on Tuesday night with Doherty giving a number of the U-21s including Paddy McGrath and Mark McHugh a run out. The game also marked the return of Eamonn McGee to the county colours for the first time in 2010.

Colm McFadden started in the right corner of the attack in place of Molloy against Derry and he is expected to replace him on Saturday. Donegal trained again on Sunday morning and after a weekend of club activity the Donegal boss reported a clean bill of health.

"With the exception of Dermot (Molloy) and the two boys that have opted out, we have everybody else. The mood is good and everybody is looking forward to the challenge of Armagh.

"It is a tough one alright but after a few handy first round draws we can't complain and given what happened in O'Donnell Park in the league we are anxious to make amends. There is no doubt about it; the league game is a great motivating factor," said Doherty.

Donegal are due to train tonight (Thursday) before finalising the starting 15 and while the boss was giving very little away on selection it is anticipated that there will be a number of changes with both Mark McHugh and Paddy McGrath both joining Colm McFadden in the starting line up this time around.

Saturday's game will be Armagh's first championship game at Oliver Plunkett Park in Crossmaglen and amazingly it will be the Orchard county's first game at home in the championship in 15 years.

Orior

Was the Armagh team announced last night?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

PatDaly

Any chance Johnny Hanratty from Crossmaglen might start for Armagh?

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: PatDaly on June 25, 2010, 01:54:29 AM
Any chance Johnny Hanratty from Crossmaglen might start for Armagh?

He's not on the panel... his younger brother Franny is.

thewanderer

looking like a depleted squad for tomorrow. henderson, moriarty, b mallon, lavery missing and recent rumours of another prominant player being absent wont help. maybe time to throw off the shackles and play hanratty and anto duffy and see what happens.

gander

Any word of the Armagh starting team yet?

armaghniac

Hard to know about this one. In 2007 and last year we had defeats in Ulster which still allowed some positives to be identified, but when the qualifier came around we had regressed. These years brought the end of the management in place. This year we are coming off an Ulster defeat with few positives and we have serveral players injured but with a shorter gap between games and home advantage. If we don't progress tomorrow and for another round or two then this management is holed below the waterline too and Srevie will retire if O'Rourke goes. Bad performances in the League are often related to training schedules, being charitable it is possible that McGurn had not quite timed things right training wise before the Monaghan game and that we can be a bit quicker to the mark in future games. But the team has to learn from the Monaghan exerience and step up and fight as they did when playing Donegal in the League. If every man puts pressure on Donwgal then experience suggests that we can win, but players should try to avoid getting sent off!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B