Ard Mhacha v Dún na nGall - 26ú Meitheamh

Started by PatDaly, June 13, 2010, 07:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Downtown radio tonight said that the match was throwing in at 3pm. Are they just wrong or has anything changed?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

winsamsoon

So where is it at? Breffni, Brefni, Cross' or Crossmaglen?  ;) nothing is ever simple with Armagh. But what is noticeable is the amount the support has dropped the glory hunters have hung them up
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

David McKeown

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 22, 2010, 12:44:33 AM
So where is it at? Breffni, Brefni, Cross' or Crossmaglen?  ;) nothing is ever simple with Armagh. But what is noticeable is the amount the support has dropped the glory hunters have hung them up

I don't think its just that, I think Armagh supporters have become spoiled, the number of my family of friends who used to go to every game regardless of the competition but now would even miss championship games is quite large.  I wouldnt call these people glory hunters but I get your point about crowds dropping and there being fewer glory hunters.

Personally I blame the introduction of the qualifiers, the Ulster Championship cant be as exciting as it was when it was pure knock out and after a heavy defeat there its hard to get motivated for the qualifiers
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

drici

Where did this derive from? There must be previous.
Quote from: illdecide on June 21, 2010, 12:15:08 PM
Ohh Sherlock Holmes did i spell that right for you or should i have spelt Cross as Crossmaglen or should it have read KingsSpan Brefni Park ;). you guys are unbelieveable over spelling WTF like, do you guys sit around all day waiting on someone to spell a word wrong or spell it the same as someone else and then convict them...Sad men
Whoosh.

Quote from: Hank Everlast on June 21, 2010, 11:14:50 AM

I checked the other board there and they hav something similar posted about the capacity..

The post on the other Board was obviously made by the same person who drew attention to a story about the possibility of the match being moved on this Board.

Hence this reply.
Quote from: drici on June 21, 2010, 11:20:18 AM

And Breffni coincidentally spelt Brefni as well.

Nothing to do with perceived slights on a GAABoard character's spelling capacity but about the fact that putting the same rumour on two Boards does not lend any further credence to it.
May get someone to come along and do Cole's Notes on the posts at this rate.

Jaysis.

Unbelievable.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: David McKeown on June 22, 2010, 08:52:03 AM

I don't think its just that, I think Armagh supporters have become spoiled, the number of my family of friends who used to go to every game regardless of the competition but now would even miss championship games is quite large.  I wouldnt call these people glory hunters but I get your point about crowds dropping and there being fewer glory hunters.

Personally I blame the introduction of the qualifiers, the Ulster Championship cant be as exciting as it was when it was pure knock out and after a heavy defeat there its hard to get motivated for the qualifiers

I would say it's got everything to do Armaghs unprecedented success in Ulster in the last decade and that the impact of the qualifier system would be negligible IMHO.

eireogatron

this is the 10th year of the qualifiers so it cant be anything to do with it. Especially as we have only been in 2 qualifiers since 2003 and we lost them both anyway.

money, people assuming there'll be a better game in a few weeks cos we've been spoiled in the last decade, an element of glory hunting etc would be stronger reasons for the dip.

BerfArmagh

numbers are down, because there is a lot of people currently out of work. Even though its cheaper than rugby & soccer is till think the gaa needs to do a bit more to entice families, but to be fair to them they are trying.

Also, when its on the box, its hard not to take the handy option. I for one will be heading to cross on sunday. I missed the monaghan match as I was away on holidays and from what i heard I am afraid the watch the tape i have of it. It might be a blessing in disguise for the team, i thought everyone got carried away after the win over what was a clueless derry team.

What has disappointed me though, is POR going back to the old defensive systems. I for one came out of the national league final quite elated by the performance, as it was fluid positiive and we played with 6 forwards, moving the ball at speed. I don't know why he has reverted, but i for one would take defeat happily on the chin as long as armagh go out to win the games. The last 2 tactiical deployments only communicate to the opposition a fear of losing

good luck ion sunday armagh, lets start playing some decent football again

armaghniac

Armagh kept a remarkable level of support going for a decade, this has now tailed off.

QuoteI missed the monaghan match as I was away on holidays and from what i heard I am afraid the watch the tape i have of it.

The first 15 minutes were great, watch that bit and pretend that's how it continued!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mackers

Quote from: BerfArmagh on June 22, 2010, 12:22:12 PM
numbers are down, because there is a lot of people currently out of work. Even though its cheaper than rugby & soccer is till think the gaa needs to do a bit more to entice families, but to be fair to them they are trying.

Also, when its on the box, its hard not to take the handy option. I for one will be heading to cross on sunday. I missed the monaghan match as I was away on holidays and from what i heard I am afraid the watch the tape i have of it. It might be a blessing in disguise for the team, i thought everyone got carried away after the win over what was a clueless derry team.

What has disappointed me though, is POR going back to the old defensive systems. I for one came out of the national league final quite elated by the performance, as it was fluid positiive and we played with 6 forwards, moving the ball at speed. I don't know why he has reverted, but i for one would take defeat happily on the chin as long as armagh go out to win the games. The last 2 tactiical deployments only communicate to the opposition a fear of losing

good luck ion sunday armagh, lets start playing some decent football again
In fairness berf, the problem in the Monaghan game was not an overly defensive approach, it was the worst defensive performance from an Armagh team I've seen in about 15 years. I agree with you about trying to play a more expansive game but I'd expect better defensive organisation against Donegal. They have shown time and again that they can't play against a blanket defence (the defeat against Down being a prime example). When the long ball into Murphy stopped working they continually took the ball into contact and were robbed. Armagh have to play Ciaran McKeever in his best position at CHB where he can provide a physical presence and stop the Donegal attack before they get into the scoring zone. Monaghan were able to walk through the centre of our defence and score at will, Donegal will do the same if they're allowed.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

thewanderer

Key players struggling to be fit for Saturday i hear. Brian mallon def out through suspension and henderson in cast any others? possibly a good chance to at last try some new blood ie anto duffy, hanratty etc. why not it the way ahead.

David McKeown

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 22, 2010, 10:04:00 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on June 22, 2010, 08:52:03 AM

I would say it's got everything to do Armaghs unprecedented success in Ulster in the last decade and that the impact of the qualifier system would be negligible IMHO.

You may well be right just judging this on what's being said within my family and around the club from fans who were there in the bad old days too. I've only missed the fermanagh v Cavan this year in Ulster but I still don't enjoy those matches as much as I used too
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

our_fella

Finn Mo, Donaghy, Andy Mallon and Lavery all doubts for Saturday, with B.Mallon, Clarke and Henderson 100% out

JUst retired

BerfArmagh, I would strongly advise you not to go to Cross on Sunday. The game is on Saturday
and you maybe sitting on your own. ;D

BerfArmagh

donegal lad

by the sounds of things not gonna be many up from donegal not for da fact we dont want to travel but because we are only meant to have got 1600 tickets 100 of them for the stand