Cavan v Fermanagh, Ulster champ 2010 1st rd

Started by mylestheslasher, May 30, 2010, 07:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full moon

Quote from: ONeill on June 11, 2010, 10:49:37 PM
The most boring game of the championship. Will anyone watch it?

I would for Seanie Johnson. Probably one of the top 3 naturally talented forwards in Ulster.

Considering most of the games in Ulster so far have poor, I doubt this will be that boring.

Monaghan-Derry probably the worst game I seen in years.

mylestheslasher

I would for Seanie Johnson. Probably one of the top 3 naturally talented forwards in Ulster.

I'd say some of the people at it might watch it. Some Monaghan people might watch it to see who they will play next and also to express their uncontrollable love of Cavan.

FermGael

gone fishing....
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

ONeill

Seriously though, no one seems to know when this is on, or cares.

Anyways Cavan 1-13 Fermanagh 0-11
or Cavan 0-12 Fermanagh 1-10

or whatever. Don't care.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Celt_Man

I know you're probably on a wind-up job here but these kind of comments sicken my hole...  Whichever county wins tomorrow - no matter how entertaining the game - will be absolutely delighted to get a win in the Ulster Championship.

Both counties are going through a bad patch but keep remembering football didn't start in 2003
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Emmett

Well said Celt Man! Fermanagh and Cavan fans know that our teams will not be in the reckoning for AI glory, all we want is a few wins and something to build on - no matter how pretty it is.
I am disappointed that Quigley has not been named to start but he will definitely be a good man to bring on if the game is tight. Chris O'Brien is an exciting prospect but he will rely on good service as he is another small man.
Heading to Cavan around 1.30 for a bite to eat and a nerve settler! Can't wait! Is there any other feeling like your county's first outing of the year in the championship?

wanderer

Haven't been to any Fermanagh games this year, so its hard to say what way men are playing from second hand knowledge and reports but yet again (year after year) championship time brings the absolute worst blind faith out!
Its hard to call this one, we are relying on a lot of things to fall into place for us to win.

Bogue doing a job on Johnson (I have a funny feeling he won't sacrifice clucker, could be wrong), Sherry finally attending a championship game as the player he looks in other games, McGrath being up to the pace, Gallagher releasing the ball to 'lesser' players when they are in better positions, and finally imo what Quigley turns up. As everyone else has said, we have been crying out for some bigger forwards since Maguire left and now we seem to have got both Carson & Quigley to commit to it. Both will be hugely important today, and Quigley can be magnificent when hes in the mood but the moods don't always seem to be great

Fermanagh by 2 (i never learn :-\)

put-it-up

Quote from: Emmett on June 12, 2010, 10:28:01 AM
Well said Celt Man! Fermanagh and Cavan fans know that our teams will not be in the reckoning for AI glory, all we want is a few wins and something to build on - no matter how pretty it is.
I am disappointed that Quigley has not been named to start but he will definitely be a good man to bring on if the game is tight. Chris O'Brien is an exciting prospect but he will rely on good service as he is another small man.
Heading to Cavan around 1.30 for a bite to eat and a nerve settler! Can't wait! Is there any other feeling like your county's first outing of the year in the championship?
[/b]

I can think of one or two ;D

Maguire01

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 11, 2010, 10:43:08 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 11, 2010, 10:22:35 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on June 11, 2010, 07:45:30 PM
A few established forwards have joined the panel in Mark Little and Seamus Quigley, both of whom have been playing well at club level the last few weeks. We obviously haven't had any competitive games but we've actually won a few friendly games, and bar robbing Roscommon blind in the league, that's the only victories we've had since January. I'm hoping winning breeds a little confidence which could go a long way. We beat Wexford in the same week that Wexford beat Cavan in a warm up game plus Marty McGrath is fit to start a game for the first time this year. Something to build on.
For the record, i'd love to see Fermanagh win tomorrow. As long as they lose next time out!
I'm looking forward to having a look at Quigley if he gets a run out.

Why, are you afraid Cavan will beat Monaghan ;)
Yes, that's right.  :P
Actually I think Fermanagh would have a better chance of turning over Monaghan than Cavan would, but I think we'd be more on our guard against Fermanagh.

haranguerer

Quote from: wanderer on June 12, 2010, 10:44:09 AM

Haven't been to any Fermanagh games this year, so its hard to say what way men are playing from second hand knowledge and reports but yet again (year after year) championship time brings the absolute worst blind faith out!
Its hard to call this one, we are relying on a lot of things to fall into place for us to win.

Bogue doing a job on Johnson (I have a funny feeling he won't sacrifice clucker, could be wrong), Sherry finally attending a championship game as the player he looks in other games, McGrath being up to the pace, Gallagher releasing the ball to 'lesser' players when they are in better positions, and finally imo what Quigley turns up. As everyone else has said, we have been crying out for some bigger forwards since Maguire left and now we seem to have got both Carson & Quigley to commit to it. Both will be hugely important today, and Quigley can be magnificent when hes in the mood but the moods don't always seem to be great

Fermanagh by 2 (i never learn :-\)

I thinnk the same, plus clucker isn't as good a man marker as everyone seems to think - hes had good games on mcdonnell, but hes been exposed before too.

Really hope we get through this, and think we might. I'd love a crack at monaghan, they're not as good as armagh made them look I feel....

Maguire01

Spotted this tweet from the BBC - good luck to this guy!

Quotebbcchampionship    Fermanagh supporter Aidan Gilroy walking from Ederney to Breffni Park today for charity - that's 50 miles. See him on BBC 2 at 5pm #GAA

wanderer

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 12, 2010, 11:09:33 AM
Spotted this tweet from the BBC - good luck to this guy!

Quotebbcchampionship    Fermanagh supporter Aidan Gilroy walking from Ederney to Breffni Park today for charity - that's 50 miles. See him on BBC 2 at 5pm #GAA

If its the same fella i'm thinking off, he'd stop for 'refreshments' a fair few times!!! All seriousness, hope he raises plenty

haranguerer

Hes a good lad, fair play to him. Wouldnt think he'll be in any state to walk home right enough!

Dinny Breen

Nobody watching?

Enjoyable auld fair thus far, some excellent scores from play. Fermanagh look hungier but Cavan look like a little bit classier (context of game only), hard to call could be a draw...
#newbridgeornowhere

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Whoever is editing the BBC coverage is really annoying me.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken