Cavan v Fermanagh, Ulster champ 2010 1st rd

Started by mylestheslasher, May 30, 2010, 07:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmo Kramer

This is actually one of the more watchable games so far this year. Nothing between them but Cavan look like they might just have a little bit more in their forwards than Fermanagh.

EDIT: I jinxed them!
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

Enjoyed that game. Good to see lads with a bit of timber on them do well.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BallyhaiseMan

No complaints,
We were the better team in the first half
Fermanagh were infinitely the better team in the 2nd half.
il leave my rant to the Cavan thread.
Best of luck to the Fermanagh lads in the semi final,il be in Breffini supporting ya.

cavanmaniac

Well done Fermanagh, the better of two poor teams on the night. Cavan going nowhere and look in a real hurry to get there too,learned nothing from Antrim defeat last year and lost this for the same reasons. Wrote an opus on the Cavan thread, can't be arsed here, but overall am philosophical as the nearer the match got, the more convinced I was Fermanagh would win.

Ye won't keep it kicked out against Monaghan though who are looking like great dark horses for the All-Ireland this year after their gutting and filleting of Armagh. :-*

Celt_Man

Quote from: cavanmaniac on June 12, 2010, 08:49:32 PM
Well done Fermanagh, the better of two poor teams on the night. Cavan going nowhere and look in a real hurry to get there too,learned nothing from Antrim defeat last year and lost this for the same reasons. Wrote an opus on the Cavan thread, can't be arsed here, but overall am philosophical as the nearer the match got, the more convinced I was Fermanagh would win.

Ye won't keep it kicked out against Monaghan though who are looking like great dark horses for the All-Ireland this year after their gutting and filleting of Armagh. :-*

That kind of talk isn't funny even as a joke...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

put-it-up

We were crap, Fermanagh were less crap. Decent game though overall I thought. It was competive but just lacked a bit of quality and killer instinct. All the best against Monaghan. This qualifier draw could kill us. Imagine we got Cork or Kerry..

bennydorano

Quote from: ONeill on June 12, 2010, 06:50:24 PM
Enjoyed that game. Good to see lads with a bit of timber on them do well.
Thought there was a few chubsters there meself.  Enjoyable game

full moon

Quote from: put-it-up on June 12, 2010, 09:16:47 PM
We were crap, Fermanagh were less crap. Decent game though overall I thought. It was competive but just lacked a bit of quality and killer instinct. All the best against Monaghan. This qualifier draw could kill us. Imagine we got Cork or Kerry..

We just lost to Fermanagh. They are very few teams we would actually beat at the minute forgetting about the likes of Cork and Kerry.

All said and done I would probably only back this team to beat London or New York.

mylestheslasher

Well done Fermanagh and all the best against Monaghan. Disappointed in our 2nd half and very annoyed that the ref kept ye in the game n the 1st half with some of the softest frees in the history of football but nothing new there when 2 of Ulsters weaker team play some shite ref might as well get blooded. We needed to bring on abig man for FF in the 2nd half when Fermanagh played 2 sweepers and instead our genius of a manager got the smallest guy on the panel and brought him on. Carr is done for now and no harm.

wanderer

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 12, 2010, 10:42:14 PM
Well done Fermanagh and all the best against Monaghan. Disappointed in our 2nd half and very annoyed that the ref kept ye in the game n the 1st half with some of the softest frees in the history of football but nothing new there when 2 of Ulsters weaker team play some shite ref might as well get blooded. We needed to bring on abig man for FF in the 2nd half when Fermanagh played 2 sweepers and instead our genius of a manager got the smallest guy on the panel and brought him on. Carr is done for now and no harm.

To be fair, we kept Cavan in the game by kicking frees into the keepers hands and wide from easy/stupid positions

ardchieftain

Enjoyed this game i have to say. Thought Cavan would thump Fermanagh based on the 1st half but Fermanagh showed great fighting spirit. Marty McGrath was immense in the 2nd half.

The tactics, or lack of, should i say, of Cavan's line was shocking. They handed this to Fermanagh on a silver platter and fair play to Fermanagh for accepting the gift.

Hound

I enjoyed the game also. Must have been due to having watched so much soccer in the last couple of days!

I also found myself supporting Cavan because of double Dublin connection, but fair play to Fermanagh for upping a gear in the 2nd half and probably deserving winners.

However, if Cian Mackey had played for Cavan I think Cavan would have prevailed.

(Cian Mackey played for Cian Mackey yesterday, rather than Cavan).

haranguerer

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 12, 2010, 10:42:14 PM

The mf with the fluorescent gloves - (givney, is it?) was in there for a while anyway. Didnt see the soft frees, thought the ref was good, let it go plenty. But sure if what you say is true I suppose I would say that  :D

p.s. Cian Mackey was well marshalled - the fermanagh defence was excellent generally; count the number of blocks they made, I doubt there'll be more in any game this year.

pps just watching the championship here - austin o callaghan with a vuzvula (sic?). Not a highlight of his career...!