Cavan v Fermanagh, Ulster champ 2010 1st rd

Started by mylestheslasher, May 30, 2010, 07:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: seafoid on June 09, 2010, 03:54:45 PM
Was it in 1996 that Cavan got to the all ireland under 21 final? there must have been at least 6 O/Reillys on the team. Not one of the fans stayed on to watch the hurling final that followed the fuball. 

I thought they were going places after they won ulster the following year bit nothing happened afterwards.

i remember a few years ago our ladies team was in the paper and there were 10/11 O Reillys on the team. I read somewhere it is not even the most popular name in the county, Brady is.

BigMac

Is the game being shown on TV? Wont be able to make it. Will the Kerry and Cork game be shown instead or does anyone know what RTE/TV3/BBCs fixtures are?

Celt_Man

Quote from: BigMac on June 09, 2010, 06:11:16 PM
Is the game being shown on TV? Wont be able to make it. Will the Kerry and Cork game be shown instead or does anyone know what RTE/TV3/BBCs fixtures are?

No it's live on RTÉ 2 and RTÉ.ie as well
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

stevecw

Quote from: BigMac on June 09, 2010, 06:11:16 PM

They are replacing the Laois/Meath game on Sunday at 2 with the Cork/Kerry one.

cavanmaniac

Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on June 09, 2010, 03:40:36 PM
<pedant>
I think the only county you could legitimately apply the term doggerel to would be Limerick
</pedant>

;) :) :D ;D

I'll get my coat... <duck>

Jasus I hadn't a notion what you meant there till I googled it. You learn something new every day eh?

Any craic

http://ulster.gaa.ie/// - Sean Boylan tips Cavan to beat Fermanagh on Saturday. He says the Erne style of play will suit Cavan, which is pretty much what happened last year too.

Emmett

Team named tonight

Fermanagh: Ronan Gallagher, Niall Bogue, Shane Lyons, Barry Mulrone, Daniel Ward, Ryan McCluskey, Tommy McElroy, James Sherry, Martin McGrath, Daryl Keenan, Ryan Carson, Mark Little, Paul Ward, Rory Gallagher, Chris O'Brien.

Subs: Chris Breen, John Woods, Niall McGovern, Michael Jones, Martin O'Brien, Damien Kelly, Kevin Cosgrove, Ryan Jones, Ciaran Flaherty, Ryan Keenan, Ciaran McElroy, Ciaran McElroy, Brian Cox, Seamus Quigley, James Connolly, Aidan McCarron.

I would be shocked if that was actually the starting 15

FermPundit

Quote from: Emmett on June 10, 2010, 10:32:42 PM
Team named tonight

Fermanagh: Ronan Gallagher, Niall Bogue, Shane Lyons, Barry Mulrone, Daniel Ward, Ryan McCluskey, Tommy McElroy, James Sherry, Martin McGrath, Daryl Keenan, Ryan Carson, Mark Little, Paul Ward, Rory Gallagher, Chris O'Brien.

Subs: Chris Breen, John Woods, Niall McGovern, Michael Jones, Martin O'Brien, Damien Kelly, Kevin Cosgrove, Ryan Jones, Ciaran Flaherty, Ryan Keenan, Ciaran McElroy, Ciaran McElroy, Brian Cox, Seamus Quigley, James Connolly, Aidan McCarron.

I would be shocked if that was actually the starting 15

Yeah, I agree. I hope Seamus Quigley starts. There could be a few changes at the back as well.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Orior

This contest has draw written all over it.

d      r       a        w
Cavan v Fermanagh
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tierworker blue

Quote from: Orior on June 10, 2010, 11:50:43 PM

Cavan v Fermanagh

Lovin' the dingbat!
My gut is telling me that we'll sneak it, but not by much, so a draw would'nt be an outlandish result...you might be onto something.

FermGael

I will agree to differ with my fermanagh colleagues on this one.
I think that that team will start.  No point picking a team with 3 new faces if they are going to be axed tomorrow.
Mulrone will start CHB with Clucker picking up Johnston.  Bogue with play in the other corner.  Lyons is a good full back and is also full of running if Cavan decide to bring their full forward out(which i think they will).
D Ward is a good attacking WHB and has played well in recent challenge games by all accounts.  Only thing going against him is is size.
I feel that Rory has put put on the edge of the square to give us a target but would expect a lot of interchange between Himself, Carson and McGrath, especially has McGrath is only returning to full fitness.
Feel sorry for young O'Flaherty from Belcoo as i think he played every game in the league.  Big performances needed from Keenan and more so Little. 
Delighted to see Chris O'Brien get the nod.  He is young, hungry and has a great eye for a goal.
Seen him paying for our U-21's this year against Derry and he nearly kept fermanagh in the game on his own.
P Ward has been the best forward on the club scene for the last few years. Deserved his chance.
I think Cavan have a weaknesses in there full back line and we have went for pace up there to exploit it.
Also leaves us plenty of options on the bench if things are not working.  D Kelly, R Jones, Quigley,C McElroy, etc
Also gives Cavan a bit to think about.  They will not know too much about some of our forwards.
From the team that reached the Ulster final in 08, only one of the starting forward six played(M little).

God i almost sound optimistic.......
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Maguire01

Quote from: Orior on June 10, 2010, 11:50:43 PM

Cavan v Fermanagh

Even after extra time?

GrandMasterFlash

Isn't if funny/stange/neither in Munster if you draw you get a weeks break and a second chance while in Ulster you've a tougher run and have to play an extra 30 mins in the event of a draw. The whole thing's cowped..

Celt_Man

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 11, 2010, 12:30:02 PM
Isn't if funny/stange/neither in Munster if you draw you get a weeks break and a second chance while in Ulster you've a tougher run and have to play an extra 30 mins in the event of a draw. The whole thing's cowped..

That game is a provincal semi final, there is no extra time in provincal semi finals only first round games and quarter finals
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Celt_Man on June 11, 2010, 12:35:23 PM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 11, 2010, 12:30:02 PM

That game is a provincal semi final, there is no extra time in provincal semi finals only first round games and quarter finals

Aha, cheers lad..