Derry v Tyrone Sat 6th Feb in Celtic Park

Started by Fuzzman, January 30, 2010, 10:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookstownblue

Quote from: randomtask on February 06, 2010, 11:42:34 PM
i would say i have seen colm cavanagh play about 8 times in his senior club and country career and every time i have seen him he has been dung, duno what mickey sees in him how many chances is he guna give him to preform, personally i would turf him out!

Agree with you mate, he's woeful, for him to say he scored in an AlL-Ireland final is an injustice!

omagh_gael

Quote from: cookstownblue on February 08, 2010, 11:58:59 AM
Quote from: randomtask on February 06, 2010, 11:42:34 PM
i would say i have seen colm cavanagh play about 8 times in his senior club and country career and every time i have seen him he has been dung, duno what mickey sees in him how many chances is he guna give him to preform, personally i would turf him out!

Agree with you mate, he's woeful, for him to say he scored in an AlL-Ireland final is an injustice!

To be honest Francie Bellew could have scored that point  :P

Rawhide

Quote from: Club Rossa on February 07, 2010, 10:53:03 AM
Derry were impressive and looked a lot hungrier and fitter than Tyrone.Mark Lynch was outstanding and caused all sorts of problems going forward.
As for Tyrone,i lost count of the number of times that we kicked the ball short into the keepers hands.You just can't afford to do that at this level.Very few Tyrone players won their individual battle with their opponent.We can have no complaints with the result and got what we deserved.

Tyrone looked fit enough when they were stuffing cavan and St Marys, as well as ahving Donegal beaten until O'neill got injured.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Club Rossa

So you don't think Derry were the fitter side on Saturday night then?

Rawhide

Quote from: Club Rossa on February 08, 2010, 12:28:33 PM
So you don't think Derry were the fitter side on Saturday night then?

No I don't think Derry were any fitter than Tyrone. Derry beat Tyrone because on saturday night they were the better team. Did Tyrone bt derry last summer because they were fitter, they won because they were the better team
cccc is a true supporter lol

talktothehand

the football tyrone played on saturday night is not the football we play in summer. there was little or no support running last night so we ended running up blind alleys.derry can enjoy their win and can ole ole all they like. pity someone didn't do keepy ups for them last night because we all remember where tyrone were on the third sunday of september the last time we lost at celtic park in the league while derry were digesting a big sunday dinner followed by hard cheese and sour grapes for dessert!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on February 07, 2010, 01:41:50 PM
I think I counted 8 times Tyrone put the ball into the hands of Gillis in the first half alone. It was at least 7 anyway and about 3 or more in the second. Can't get my head around that at all.

Suppose there's little point it could've/should've, but you can certainly say if SON was at no. 14 he would've easily had 6 points last night, none of the other forwards (save Penrose 1st half) could make the space and win the ball. Colm Cavanagh, no disrespect to the lad, but I can't find any merit for his inclusion on the starting 15. There may be an argument as late sub on certain games, but it's like starting John Rooney and hoping for Wayne. Tommy struggled also.  Penrose did ok considering in the first half, but he was fairly brutal second half, like the whole forward line. Brian McGuigan did little other than give back chat to McEnaney and didn't look fit. Can't understand why Petey Harte didn't get on the panel, he'd have done better at half forward than those who started IMO.

Tyrone just ran into dead ends, Derry swarmed in defence. The Tyrone defence did well enough in the first, but Derry just found it far too easy to score in the second. Gormley had a decent first half and I was waiting for a few people to eat words regarding pace, but unfortunately it was there to see in the second, he was just too far off his man and looked slow. Can't understand why Justy went  ???

Just wondering in relation to the named 24 in the programme. Ricey and Sean O'Neill were able to come on wearing 25 and 27 despite their absence from the named 24. Was the 24 changed at last minute?

Tyrone were lucky to be only beat by 6. Then again if they were able to put the boot through the ball 1st half they'd have matched Derry better in scoring. But they didn't show up 2nd half. The goal probably flattered the score. McCusker did his best to miss and Cavanagh got in the road.
didnt get to see the game, but sounds like it was pretty poor alround from a tyrone point of view.
Any possitives at all? surely someone must have played well?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Final Whistle

Quote from: cookstownblue on February 08, 2010, 11:58:59 AM

[/quote]

Quoten.
Violation of another's rights or of what is right; lack of justice.
A specific unjust act; a wrong.

Above Injustices, CC playing for Tyrone is not. Do we want a repeat of the hounding Mark Harte got??? mob rules creeping in again, but what else would you expect from Cookstown/Omagh townies???

clarshack

the colm cavanagh situation is starting to become very reminiscent of what happened to mark harte.

screenexile

Anyone saying that a team is not fit nowadays needs their heads read! Every team in the Country is fit of that I have absolutely no doubt. Nowadays it comes down to how you use it. Derry were supporting well and tackling hard whereas Tyrone were maybe not making the same runs or running as intelligently as Derry were and possibly didn't have the same appetite for the game.

Fitness is a cop out used by old timers who used to play the game in the days when teams used to be unfit compared to others. There is no way that you can have an unfit team in the NFL Division 1 nigh on impossible I would imagine!!

longrunsthefox

Final Whistle.... while I can understand your sentiments, that was a tasteless photo gratuitously posted for shock effect. Way OTT for this discussion and point could have been made without it.

Bensars

Quote from: clarshack on February 08, 2010, 01:42:04 PM
the colm cavanagh situation is starting to become very reminiscent of what happened to mark harte.

However Mark Harte always made a greater contribution in comparison to cavanagh the younger!

talktothehand

Quote from: screenexile on February 08, 2010, 01:44:12 PM
Anyone saying that a team is not fit nowadays needs their heads read! Every team in the Country is fit of that I have absolutely no doubt. Nowadays it comes down to how you use it. Derry were supporting well and tackling hard whereas Tyrone were maybe not making the same runs or running as intelligently as Derry were and possibly didn't have the same appetite for the game.

Fitness is a cop out used by old timers who used to play the game in the days when teams used to be unfit compared to others. There is no way that you can have an unfit team in the NFL Division 1 nigh on impossible I would imagine!!

there are TYPES of fitness depending on the phase of training you are in. tyrone looked heavy and leggy suggesting the lifting of heavy weights rather than the plyometric type training required for speed, agility and quickness. both teams are fit but only one looked quick and sharp. tyrone looked like a team not concerned at this stage of the season with being at their peak.  it is therfore very possible to have two FIT teams with one of them looking slow.

talktothehand

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 08, 2010, 01:56:15 PM
Final Whistle.... while I can understand your sentiments, that was a tasteless photo gratuitously posted for shock effect. Way OTT for this discussion and point could have been made without it.

couldn't agree more! no need for that!

lynchbhoy

maybe young Cavanagh just hasnt hit form ...this is a thing that happens all players during a season. Dont write him off, he has talent and Tyrone fans could be glad of him some day yet !

I enjoyed the game, esp after watching two dire rugby matches - shows Gaelic games imo are far superior to watch !
I even think refereeing in Gaelic games is more consistent having seen the dire inconsistnecy and lack of implementing the rules in the rugby matches ! (they are always fecking off side and a hell of a lot of passes are fecking well forward passes !!).
so wont give out about the oul GAA refs again !

One gripe was that tool of a commentator on setanta.
Feck he was rubbish. Consistently got the names wrong. If yer a pro, then leearn your trade.
Apart from players names he got a lot of the rules wrong too.
Dire.