Derry v Tyrone Sat 6th Feb in Celtic Park

Started by Fuzzman, January 30, 2010, 10:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overthebar!

couldnt agree more about the commentator. some of my favourite errors were:

"jason kielt"
confusing patsy bradley and fergal doc

however the funniest bit of the match was when dermot mcbride booted the ball into charlie kielts ( i think) back!

Club Rossa

I didn't say Tyrone weren't fit.Unless you're blind anyone could see that Derry had far more energy in the last 20 minutes than Tyrone.
Nor did i say that fitness was the only reason why Derry won the game.They played the better football on the night.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Overthebar! on February 08, 2010, 03:51:44 PM
couldnt agree more about the commentator. some of my favourite errors were:

"jason kielt"
confusing patsy bradley and fergal doc

however the funniest bit of the match was when dermot mcbride booted the ball into charlie kielts ( i think) back!

It looked a bit sore, cracked it into the back of his head ;D. Heard the commentator talking about Tyrone number 11 Brian McGinley ::).

Hope people will lay off young Cavanagh. Im not convinced myself that he will be able to to fulfill his potential (and lets remember he was a good minor) but laying into him after Round 1 of the League is very unfair. Mickey Harte clearly sees something there and wants to give Colm every chance of making it. If he doesnt step up then he wont get game time come the summer. In the meantime people should support him, doesnt do a young player trying to find form any good to hear/read people having a go.

Club Rossa

Colm Cavanagh was poor the other night but to be fair he wasn't the only one.I don't see why he should be singled out when almost all of our players failed to perform.

Zapatista

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 08, 2010, 03:44:49 PM
maybe young Cavanagh just hasnt hit form ...this is a thing that happens all players during a season. Dont write him off, he has talent and Tyrone fans could be glad of him some day yet !

I enjoyed the game, esp after watching two dire rugby matches - shows Gaelic games imo are far superior to watch !
I even think refereeing in Gaelic games is more consistent having seen the dire inconsistnecy and lack of implementing the rules in the rugby matches ! (they are always fecking off side and a hell of a lot of passes are fecking well forward passes !!).
so wont give out about the oul GAA refs again !

One gripe was that tool of a commentator on setanta.
Feck he was rubbish. Consistently got the names wrong. If yer a pro, then leearn your trade.
Apart from players names he got a lot of the rules wrong too.
Dire.

Saved for future reference ;)

Tommo2

Quote from: Club Rossa on February 08, 2010, 04:16:44 PM
Colm Cavanagh was poor the other night but to be fair he wasn't the only one.I don't see why he should be singled out when almost all of our players failed to perform.

Think its his constant whingeing and shouting at ref that pisses me off. He should be keeping the head down and concentarting on the football. Leave shouting at ref to the experienced players who can influence a ref.

cookstownblue

Quote from: talktothehand on February 08, 2010, 03:41:34 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 08, 2010, 01:56:15 PM
Final Whistle.... while I can understand your sentiments, that was a tasteless photo gratuitously posted for shock effect. Way OTT for this discussion and point could have been made without it.

couldn't agree more! no need for that!

Yeah Final whistle yee mouth, it an injustice anyone even listens to you, you p***k

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Zapatista on February 08, 2010, 05:05:50 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 08, 2010, 03:44:49 PM
maybe young Cavanagh just hasnt hit form ...this is a thing that happens all players during a season. Dont write him off, he has talent and Tyrone fans could be glad of him some day yet !

I enjoyed the game, esp after watching two dire rugby matches - shows Gaelic games imo are far superior to watch !
I even think refereeing in Gaelic games is more consistent having seen the dire inconsistnecy and lack of implementing the rules in the rugby matches ! (they are always fecking off side and a hell of a lot of passes are fecking well forward passes !!).
so wont give out about the oul GAA refs again !

One gripe was that tool of a commentator on setanta.
Feck he was rubbish. Consistently got the names wrong. If yer a pro, then leearn your trade.
Apart from players names he got a lot of the rules wrong too.
Dire.

Saved for future reference ;)
(as much)  ;)

Final Whistle

Quote from: cookstownblue on February 08, 2010, 05:19:29 PM
Final Whistle.... while I can understand your sentiments, that was a tasteless photo gratuitously posted for shock effect. Way OTT for this discussion and point could have been made without it.

Yeah Final whistle yee mouth, it an injustice anyone even listens to you, you p***k

townie trait shining through again!! Go shoot up Cookstown Blue! :D :D :D

cookstownblue

Quote from: Final Whistle on February 08, 2010, 05:23:29 PM

You rapahoe pricks will never beat the townies- you backward, inbred mouths!

longrunsthefox

At least Cookstown county men perform for their club too  ;) 

cookstownblue

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 08, 2010, 05:27:08 PM

They do indeed and are in a AI next weekend!

Final Whistle

lrtf 4-10 to 0-10!! never forget it!!! (but just you keep bumping up the posts, mid life crisis maybe????)

mc_grens

Quote from: cookstownblue on February 08, 2010, 05:29:49 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 08, 2010, 05:27:08 PM

They do indeed and are in a AI next weekend!

And I thought Derry was divided!

We're gettin to them lads... Slowly but surely

OK... Very Slowly.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

I can see the points being made about the mob getting on CC's back, he was the worst of a bad bunch. Though in such a game I'd have thought there was an opportunity to test prospective corner forwards, Niall Gormley or Donnelly maybe. McCusker got a decent point and contributed to the goal when he came on. They couldn't have been any worse than TMcG or CC.

Maybe MH thought CC's inclusion was worthy as he has more experience at the highest level (albeit limited) than the other corner forward options. But he had such little impact other than being at the right place, right time... Dunno it's just gonna be an unpleasant league to have to go and pay £13 to watch each time (at least!).
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken