Derry v Tyrone Sat 6th Feb in Celtic Park

Started by Fuzzman, January 30, 2010, 10:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Haven't started a thread in ages so here goes.

Watched the Donegal game tonight and first time to see a lot of these new lads.
Intensity of the match was surprising for this time of year but suppose both teams feel they have a lot to prove even in Jan.

As a fellow clubman I feel very sorry for SoN AGAIN and was looking forward to him leading the line next Sat.

So not sure how we'll fair now after that performance but surely we've enough firepower to put up a good show even without Stevie.

wherefromreferee?

Tyrone by double figures, men against boys.
In your Endo!

longrunsthefox

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on January 30, 2010, 11:01:34 PM
Tyrone by double figures, men against boys.

That's the championship you're thinking of  ;)

clarshack

have we ever beat derry in celtic park in a competitive senior game?

off the top of my head we lost there to Derry in 1992 USFC, 1996 NFL & 2008 NFL.

jodyb

What's the word on O' Neill? Looked fairly nasty last night. He's had a tough run of luck.

Club Rossa

The last time we beat Derry on enemy soil was at Ballinascreen in the 1984 championship.
I honestly think we will struggle to get enough scores without Stevie,so i think Derry will prevail.

tyroneman

Without SON or cavanagh, with many youngsters to blend in and with so many others not match fit  I believe we may run the risk of relgation may be on the cards this year. Hopefully gel by championship time

Fuzzman

Its hard to believe how far back we have to go to get a win against the aul enemy.
I'd say they've beaten us a lot more in Derry with that 2006 classic still in our memories.  ::)

I think that defeat on Saturday is a blessing in disguise as a few of us were getting carried away with the high scoring in previous matches.

Stil,l I think we'll have enough fire power to put up a good fight and it will depend how we do around the middle against Doherty and the young greyhound pup Patsy Bradley.

Will Cassidy play the 2 Bradley forwards and how will we manage against them. I'd say it wont be as easy as it was last summer in Casement anyways.

I think we could sneak it or even see a draw as you often do in these first round NFL games.

Oakleafer1993

Paddy Bradley is supposed to be out - has a heel injury - apparently has not trained in a few weeks. I think it will be the Eoin Bradley show.

sam03/05

hard to see how tyrone will get scores giiven that oneill, mulligan, cavanagh all missing from the forward line.

gerry

Marty looked up for it on sat night, plus tommy and kyle started well this year.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

trileacman

Quote from: sam03/05 on January 31, 2010, 10:12:37 PM
hard to see how tyrone will get scores giiven that oneill, mulligan, cavanagh all missing from the forward line.
Tyrone racked up some very good scores in the McKenna cup with two of those 3 missing so I would'nt be worrying yet. Midfield will be the problem. Not up to it last night against Donegal. McGinley doesnt seem to have his head in the game and hub isn't winning what he should in the air. Also bar Peter Harte the half forward/half back combinations aren't winning breaking ball in the way Jordan, Dooher and B McGuigan used to.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

gerry

Radio ulster has son only out for 8 weeks.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Zapatista

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Zapatista on February 01, 2010, 09:05:01 AM
Quote from: gerry on February 01, 2010, 08:39:00 AM
Radio ulster has son only out for 8 weeks.

That's good news I suppose.

Indeed, as is this:

Unlike the shoulder, a previous elbow dislocation does not predispose a patient to future dislocations.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...