Derry v Tyrone Sat 6th Feb in Celtic Park

Started by Fuzzman, January 30, 2010, 10:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: orangeman on February 12, 2010, 01:26:08 PM
What are they all alleged to have done ?

Pure guess work here OM, but here's why I THINK they got the bans...

Martin Penrose - silly box to a Derry players face towards the end of the game.

Eoin Bradley - sly boxes to Conor Gormleys ribs when the tussled along the sideline.

Conor Gormley - for a knee to the head, in a different tangle with a Derry player.

Cant work out the McMahon one.

I'd imagine, with the appeals process, they could be overturned?
In your Endo!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on February 12, 2010, 01:33:23 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 12, 2010, 01:26:08 PM
What are they all alleged to have done ?

Pure guess work here OM, but here's why I THINK they got the bans...

Martin Penrose - silly box to a Derry players face towards the end of the game.

Eoin Bradley - sly boxes to Conor Gormleys ribs when the tussled along the sideline.

Conor Gormley - for a knee to the head, in a different tangle with a Derry player.

Cant work out the McMahon one.

I'd imagine, with the appeals process, they could be overturned?
i think mcmahon came in and got involved in the gormley/bradley incident.
but lets be honest here, are they really going to start banning lads in EVERY game for these type of incidents?
I though they were all quite minor, and nothing more than a bigt of niggle in a derby game.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

saffron sam2

I find it absolutely incredible that the (self-styled) best referee in Ireland* can get four red card decisions wrong in one match.

Surely this says much, much more about the standard of refereeing than anything else.

When will this be addressed?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

sam03/05

joke decisions
hardly a bad tackle in the game apart from one minor incident and it should have been left at that

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 12, 2010, 08:13:51 PM
I find it absolutely incredible that the (self-styled) best referee in Ireland* can get four red card decisions wrong in one match.

Surely this says much, much more about the standard of refereeing than anything else.

Mc Enaney was never our friend SS2, that's not to say that he always had it in for us, but given the cold light of day I'd have put all my earthly belongings on an inimical verdict from the man.

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 12, 2010, 08:13:51 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing - maybe he's not as good as he was or maybe he wasn't ever that good or maybe the rest have got better ??

Pat would have prided himself on not making 4 mistakes in a single season let alone 4 wrong red card decisions in a single game.

clarshack

these bans are an absolute disgrace.

am i correct in saying that mceneaney refereed a macrory 1/4 final a few hours before refereeing the derry/tyrone game.

surely that would have impacted his fitness for the evening game to which he has now made a pigs ear out of.

orangeman

Quote from: clarshack on February 12, 2010, 11:31:30 PM
these bans are an absolute disgrace.

am i correct in saying that mceneaney refereed a macrory 1/4 final a few hours before refereeing the derry/tyrone game.

surely that would have impacted his fitness for the evening game to which he has now made a pigs ear out of.

The Mc Rory match was the day after the Tyrone v Derry match. Maybe he was saving himself for the Mc Rory match ??  ;)

clarshack

sorry my mistake. couldnt wait to have a pop at oul Pat  ;)