Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

múinteoirmór

Lads, Lads, Lads!!! Shame of you who appear to relish on Loughgiels defeat yesterday.  IMO opinion, having been a spectator at the game, not like osome of you armchair observers, the Shamrocks just did not perfom on the day.

Certainly, they were nervous, did not appear to settle, gave away a few soft scores.  But surely to god that does not merit the wrath of individual such as Hardstaion et al!!!!

Did Dunloy, Cushendall not falter also when reaching AI Semi/finals!

This Loughgiel side, are young, inexpereinced and IMO were capable of performing a lot better than what the did yesterday.

It's a real pity some of you are gloating and rubbing salt in the wounds.   
Totally gutted for the Shamrocks yesterday, they certainly underperformed and di not do themselves any justice.

Is it any wonder our teams in this county are so fragmented?

No matter who was playing yesterday, I would have also travelled to Parnell Park, paid my 10 Euro and gave the county representatives a cheer (well with the exception of the 'Johns' of course).  I find it real difficult to comprehend why individual such as Hardstation, seem to relish in the defeat of Loughgiel yesterday.  OLG, were a team that could have been turned over (they were no great shakes for a Kilkenny team) but Loughgiel just did not click or take advantage.  One thing is for sure though, I have no doubt they will be back in action over the next few seasons.

MR2, like you I stayed in Dublin, went to Croker to watch the Tipp v Dublin game.  Dublin certainly turned Tipp ovger with some fine points taken by theior No 12 and 14. I left after the descration of crke Park before the football game with the intoductions of teh JEDWARD Fiasco.  Can't understand what they are thinking of in Croker.  JEDWARD were poor S****!!!!

We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

múinteoirmór

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on February 20, 2011, 03:57:12 PM
Very Disappointing result today. Should have had that match won after getting level. As Minder says completely stopped after doing well to get back into it. Needed to get in front which Antrim didnt too. Very Poor up front. The two corner forwards were very poor & cant understand Dinny not starting Shane McN & only bringing him only just after half time

Totally agree THFFS. the game was there for the winning, maybe if they stuck BMcF in goals (jeasus no) we may have got a different result.

Carson could not catch flu if you ask me, and missed numerous point opportunities.  Hippy did not have one of his better days.  CMcFall, I though played well, and thats rich for  me saying somethiong positive about a 'Johns' man, but fair play to the lad.

This was one that got away too easily.  We should of had this one bagged!!!  But you see, our county team can also underperform, on any given day.  Just like Dunloy, Cushendall and more recently, the Shamrocks!!

One other thing!  Their supporters most certainly get behind their team.  I am sure Loughgiel was deserted yesterday.  But what impressed me most, was they stayed behind after watching their team defeated, stood and applauded the players, cheered them and without one word of recrimination or negativity. Certainly a lessen for us all!

We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

pdiddy

Quote from: hardstation on February 20, 2011, 01:08:28 AM
They will never, ever, be forgiven.

What for HS ? ???

Disappointing result but no complaints as the best team obviously won.  I was pleased with the effort and commitment from our lads but at the end of the day we just weren't good enough.  We can and will play better than that so hopefully we'll learn from it and move on.  We cant expect to win the county title for the first time in 21 years and then go on and win an all-ireland.  Retaining the County title will be a big ask as both Cushendall and Dunloy will be keen to knock us off our perch but I believe we have the players to do it.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

múinteoirmór

Quote from: pdiddy on February 20, 2011, 04:24:10 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 20, 2011, 01:08:28 AM
They will never, ever, be forgiven.

What for HS ? ???

Disappointing result but no complaints as the best team obviously won.  I was pleased with the effort and commitment from our lads but at the end of the day we just weren't good enough.  We can and will play better than that so hopefully we'll learn from it and move on.  We cant expect to win the county title for the first time in 21 years and then go on and win an all-ireland.  Retaining the County title will be a big ask as both Cushendall and Dunloy will be keen to knock us off our perch but I believe we have the players to do it.

Maith thú PDiddy!.

múinteoirmór

Quote from: hardstation on February 19, 2011, 03:10:03 PM
Deep into 'Get the match abandoned' time.

Armchair observation HS!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: gelvis on February 20, 2011, 02:51:45 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 20, 2011, 01:54:55 PM
Quote from: gelvis on February 19, 2011, 11:54:48 PM
Quote from: Last Man on February 19, 2011, 03:34:25 PM
Yip, winker unfortunately rarely there when they need him.

And now the real reasons why the players had a meeting with the managers looking him put off the panel will come out.  Training/not training...the usual
Nonsense!

He didn't have the look of a boy who had been training well did he?  Also thought young Ciaran McKinley should have started.  He's the sort of boy who mucks in and with the pitch the state it was yesterday it would have suited him.  Fair enough he dropped a catch near the end and cost a goal but the game was gone by then.
I said exactly the same thing myself about McKinley before the start of the match. He's been one of our top players all season. I still don't know why he didn't start.

As to winker. Yeah, he had a bad game. I'll ask you, how does one stop having a bad game at will? One can't. To speculate as you are doing is pretty futile.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2011, 02:37:15 PM
Most clubs don't get on FFS Seamroga,

Didn't get to the game today, was making my way back from my overnighter in Dublin :-X :-X

Minder who played well and was it promising?
Really? I'm still of the mindset that's it's an ill formed and little attending fair weather supporter that thinks like that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 20, 2011, 05:44:14 PM

Didn't get to the game today, was making my way back from my overnighter in Dublin :-X :-X

Really? I'm still of the mindset that's it's an ill formed and little attending fair weather supporter that thinks like that.

Don't know of any City clubs that like each other, Can't see Rossa supporting the Johnnies or the Johnnies supporting us when we won the All Ireland last year!!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Exile is playing with Seamroga's head. Loughgiel hate Dunloy, Dunloy hate Loughgiel, Ballycastle and Glenariffe hate Cushendall, you could go on all night.

Seamroga in exile

I don't think hate is the correct word to use to describe how the Shamrock support feels towards Dunloy, or Cushendall for that matter. I think bemused is a much more accurate word to use.

Seamroga in exile

Speaking from personal experience, I certainly have experienced much more animosity from the 'Dall than I ever have from across the shough.

múinteoirmór

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2011, 08:07:22 PM

Don't know of any City clubs that like each other, Can't see Rossa supporting the Johnnies or the Johnnies supporting us when we won the All Ireland last year!!
Aha! them (green eyed 'Johns') MR2, sure who could like them! If the truth be told, sure nobody likes the 'Johns'!  Except when their sh*tt**g in them!

I heard an intersesting story today at Casement about the County Secretary's son.  Alledgedly he made a comment to someone who attended yesterdays game in Parnell -  "I dont know why you wasted your money going down their to watch that shower of shit Loughgiel" Irionic or what!!!!!!!.  I heard this from a third party of course, I am not sure there may be any substance to it though.  However, I could just imagine if such a comment was posted on the county website by anyone, what would the county administrator have to say about that? Impetuious!!!!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: múinteoirmór on February 20, 2011, 08:38:39 PM

Aha! them (green eyed 'Johns') MR2, should who could like them! If the truth be told, sure nobody likes the 'Johns'!  Except when their sh*tt**g in them!

I heard an intersesting story today at Casement about the County Secretary's son.  Alledgedly he made a comment to someone who attedned yesterdays game in Parnell -  "I dont know why you wasted your money going down their to watch that shower of shit Loughgiel" Irionic or what!!!!!!!.  I heard this from a third party of course, I am not sure they may be any substance to it though.  However, I could just imagine if such a comment was posted on the county website by anyone, what would the county administrator have to say about that? Impetuious!!!!
Haha. I heard this myself. Who is he anyways like?

What's really upsetting me is that I put on my sky box today to watch yesterdays coverage to find out that it didn't record!!!! Not enough room on the hard disc because she who must be obeyed has filled it up with Kendra, Holly, Kardashians and other same as sh*te!!
Is anyone else tormented with the hell that is channel 151?

I'm going to have to go searching for a dvd now!!

múinteoirmór

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 20, 2011, 08:45:58 PM

Aha! them (green eyed 'Johns') MR2, should who could like them! If the truth be told, sure nobody likes the 'Johns'!  Except when their sh*tt**g in them!

I heard an intersesting story today at Casement about the County Secretary's son.  Alledgedly he made a comment to someone who attedned yesterdays game in Parnell -  "I dont know why you wasted your money going down their to watch that shower of shit Loughgiel" Irionic or what!!!!!!!.  I heard this from a third party of course, I am not sure they may be any substance to it though.  However, I could just imagine if such a comment was posted on the county website by anyone, what would the county administrator have to say about that? Impetuious!!!!

What's really upsetting me is that I put on my sky box today to watch yesterdays coverage to find out that it didn't record!!!! Not enough room on the hard disc because she who must be obeyed has filled it up with Kendra, Holly, Kardashians and other same as sh*te!!

Is'nt it ironic, that he nows lives in CUSHENDALL!!!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: múinteoirmór on February 20, 2011, 08:50:52 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 20, 2011, 08:45:58 PM

Is'nt it ironic, that he nows lives in CUSHENDALL!!!
Who?