Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2431390 times)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #17850 on: April 11, 2019, 08:21:43 AM »
St. Paulís getting beat by Pearseís a pretty big result. Some interesting results too. St galls still will be there or thereabouts I suspect.

belfastsaff

• View Profile
« Reply #17851 on: April 11, 2019, 10:33:52 AM »
massive result - how the mighty have fallen

Dunsilly King

• View Profile
« Reply #17852 on: April 11, 2019, 10:42:11 AM »
Have gotten to two league games. Portglenone and Creggans in the opening round. Creggan got off to a flyer and took a good lead, in total control playing good football, but Portglenone gradually got back into the game, couldn't decide whether it was a case of Creggan taking the foot off the gas or Portglenone digging in. Creggan put the game to rest in the final five anyway, and deservedly so. Not surprised to see Portglenone win convincingly in Gort Na Mona last night following their performance against Creggan. Same with Creggans result as well last night. Went to Cargins game last night. Average enough game, with spells of good football. Cargin like last year not busting a gut in the early stages with fitness etc. Lamh Dhearg after their first roundover the Johnnies looked poor to. Cargin won by 3/4 but could have won by 7/8 due to their sloppiness. Also the ref gave Lamh Dhearg 2/3 ridiculously easy frees in the second half which kept them in the game,  Ryan Murray was flying. Lets just say both teams have a bit of work to do. See St Galls up and flying early the year, same as last.

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #17853 on: April 11, 2019, 02:59:29 PM »
St Paulís have been struggling at senior football for a number of years so no big surprise to me. With their recently departed chairman in charge of AllAntrimFast they will surely get some help there !

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #17854 on: April 11, 2019, 08:00:02 PM »
St Paulís have been struggling at senior football for a number of years so no big surprise to me. With their recently departed chairman in charge of AllAntrimFast they will surely get some help there !

Surely a few extra quid from those wealthy culchies running a camp in Dunloy will help? Iím assuming any money raised will go to Gaelfast?

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17855 on: April 11, 2019, 09:24:28 PM »
Money wonít win championships, or All Irelandís  :D
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #17856 on: April 12, 2019, 12:57:56 PM »

Surely a few extra quid from those wealthy culchies running a camp in Dunloy will help? Iím assuming any money raised will go to Gaelfast?

we get money for this?  ;D happy days lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #17857 on: April 13, 2019, 01:22:02 PM »
All banter aside I see Gaelfast was in crumlin  yesterday as well as running the Easter camp in Dunloy so this must mean they are taking over existing programs in all of the county. Anyone know if thatís the plan?

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17858 on: April 13, 2019, 02:36:41 PM »
All banter aside I see Gaelfast was in crumlin  yesterday as well as running the Easter camp in Dunloy so this must mean they are taking over existing programs in all of the county. Anyone know if thatís the plan?

Why donít you ask someone that works for Gaelfast? Thatís a better plan
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #17859 on: April 13, 2019, 04:00:35 PM »

Why donít you ask someone that works for Gaelfast? Thatís a better plan
super idea GRMA

Fuzzman

• Aughabrack (Tyrone Not Cork)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17860 on: April 17, 2019, 11:14:19 AM »
Where do you lads think the Antrim v Derry/Tyrone game will be held?
Is it likely to be a neutral venue like Armagh?

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #17861 on: April 17, 2019, 11:28:41 AM »
Where do you lads think the Antrim v Derry/Tyrone game will be held?
Is it likely to be a neutral venue like Armagh?

Id heard there the other week that it was going to be in Armagh. nothing official tho
hurl like f**k boi!

jdyok

• View Profile
« Reply #17862 on: April 17, 2019, 12:19:43 PM »
Is it not the case that Antrim would need to find a venue to play Derry, but if in the likely event that Tyrone win the preliminary game then they would have home advantage to play Antrim.

Hoof Hearted

• Oh Yeessss !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17863 on: April 17, 2019, 12:59:56 PM »
Is it not the case that Antrim would need to find a venue to play Derry, but if in the likely event that Tyrone win the preliminary game then they would have home advantage to play Antrim.

no, tyrone cant play 2 home games in a row, nor derry cant play 2 away
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #17864 on: April 18, 2019, 12:21:06 PM »
what's needed to host a county championship match? would temporary seating be an option at one of our grounds to give the team a home game?