Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2233266 times)

delgany

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #16560 on: October 14, 2018, 08:41:59 PM »
Two  teams  tied     =  head to head,  if even,  score difference

Three team tie = overall score difference.

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #16561 on: October 15, 2018, 09:01:49 AM »
some craic with our game on sat against Moneyglass. Both teams had it as a draw but ref had it as a one point win to Moneyglass. lol it was a pointless game and no one could see how it was anything other than a draw.
hurl like f**k boi!

belfastsaff

• View Profile
« Reply #16562 on: October 15, 2018, 09:38:49 AM »
I've heard the u21 championship is due to kick off this weekend a lot of teams still involved in other competitions - pity there wasn't a few more months in the year !!

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #16563 on: October 15, 2018, 09:43:13 AM »
I've heard the u21 championship is due to kick off this weekend a lot of teams still involved in other competitions - pity there wasn't a few more months in the year !!

It is an arguement that has been gone over and over on here but there is still no solution.

We shorterned the county season and what difference really has it had on the club season? Zero we are still playing our most important matches in October and into November.

Realistically what games of any value were played in the summer months?

U21 is a prime example and it has been pushed about for nearly all of its existence, but now it is running straight into College football at the back end of the year. So players will have been slogging with their teams since preseason this year right through to the end of the year.

belfastsaff

• View Profile
« Reply #16564 on: October 15, 2018, 09:50:29 AM »

It is an arguement that has been gone over and over on here but there is still no solution.

We shorterned the county season and what difference really has it had on the club season? Zero we are still playing our most important matches in October and into November.

Realistically what games of any value were played in the summer months?

U21 is a prime example and it has been pushed about for nearly all of its existence, but now it is running straight into College football at the back end of the year. So players will have been slogging with their teams since preseason this year right through to the end of the year.

i agree I think the u21 hurling should be played off in 4 weeks in june , and the u21 football mid july to mid august however I'm sure people will find problems with that.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 09:52:24 AM by belfastsaff »

Hectic

• View Profile
« Reply #16565 on: October 15, 2018, 10:26:47 AM »
some craic with our game on sat against Moneyglass. Both teams had it as a draw but ref had it as a one point win to Moneyglass. lol it was a pointless game and no one could see how it was anything other than a draw.

Situation like that can the two teams not get their heads together and agree and get it changed? While referees can make errors you would expect good sportsmanship to prevail. Good that it was a match of little significance but same thing could happen in in a game of high significance. I suppose had it mattered would the 'winning' team be as willing to hold their hands up. I would like to think in all cases the answer would be yes and in doing so shows great sporting integrity and the difference between the battle on the pitch and the respect off it.

Kickham csc

• View Profile
« Reply #16566 on: October 15, 2018, 10:38:42 AM »

Situation like that can the two teams not get their heads together and agree and get it changed? While referees can make errors you would expect good sportsmanship to prevail. Good that it was a match of little significance but same thing could happen in in a game of high significance. I suppose had it mattered would the 'winning' team be as willing to hold their hands up. I would like to think in all cases the answer would be yes and in doing so shows great sporting integrity and the difference between the battle on the pitch and the respect off it.

Happened to Creggan 'v' Ahoghill in 93. We needed to win the match to win Div 2. Ahoghill were leading by a point with 10mins to go and the ref blew it up for full time. Creggan argued with the ref that he blew it up early and Ahoghill confirmed Creggan's position. After a 10 min break the game restarted and we won by 2. Never experienced it before of after.

Hectic

• View Profile
« Reply #16567 on: October 15, 2018, 07:06:06 PM »

No fixtures up as yet. Has it been delayed because of the business still to be done in the leagues. Last weekends results did not really do much to alleviate the number of teams with all to play for.