Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Man

Yip, winker unfortunately rarely there when they need him. A player like him who has the ability to change a game needs to make a bigger effort to get on the ball. All but the last of the Gaels goals were soft enough. Big work needin done in the Shamrocks forward unit or they risk slipping backwards this season. From that performance the Gaels will not get their hands on the Big Yin this year, unless DLS make a total arse of it.

Minder

I just couldn't see how anyone thought they were going to get enough scores. OLG were strong in the air in the forwards, Comerford in particular. Milltown has talked about Loughgiels strong bench, well no disrespect to the two fellas, but when you have to call on Aidan McCloskey and Alex Watt, both of them with their best days well behind them, well you haven't a strong bench at all.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gelvis

Quote from: Last Man on February 19, 2011, 03:34:25 PM
Yip, winker unfortunately rarely there when they need him.

And now the real reasons why the players had a meeting with the managers looking him put off the panel will come out.  Training/not training...the usual
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Minder

Has Joey Scullion ever stepped up in a big game? Eddie is a good hurler, he hit a few horrible wides today though.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on February 20, 2011, 12:27:27 AM
Quote from: Minder on February 20, 2011, 12:22:12 AM
Has Joey Scullion ever stepped up in a big game? Eddie is a good hurler, he hit a few horrible wides today though.
Joey Scullion hasn't the balls he was born with. Went to every ball stick first. Eddie McCloskey got the ball, threw it up and snapped at it, every time. Dunged the togs.
I don't think you rated Loughgiel today.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on February 20, 2011, 12:50:43 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 20, 2011, 12:36:34 AM
Quote from: hardstation on February 20, 2011, 12:27:27 AM
Quote from: Minder on February 20, 2011, 12:22:12 AM
Joey Scullion hasn't the balls he was born with. Went to every ball stick first. Eddie McCloskey got the ball, threw it up and snapped at it, every time. Dunged the togs.
I don't think you rated Loughgiel today.
They were crap. They seemed very different to past Loughgiel senior hurling teams. They lacked balls and fight. In fairness though, there was no minor match for them to jump the fence and get tore into wee lads.
:D The whole country has always known that although they liked to dish it out, deep down they were never really that hard. I remember a fella up at home saying to one of the players that if they fought as hard on the field as they did off it they might have won the county by now!

Winker is a selfish **** with no interest in putting himself out for the club. I fail to see why they bother with him. There is no point in everyone saying what a great talent he is when he nevers uses it to anyones advantage.

Seamroga in exile

Ahhh, the sweet smell of jealously is still wafting over the lesser, less successful clubs' supporters.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: gelvis on February 19, 2011, 11:54:48 PM

And now the real reasons why the players had a meeting with the managers looking him put off the panel will come out.  Training/not training...the usual
Nonsense!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 20, 2011, 01:24:46 PM
Ahhh, the sweet smell of jealously is still wafting over the lesser, less successful clubs' supporters.

Dont be so paranoid Seamroga, went to the match yesterday to watch the Antrim Champions (as i do every year) and left wondering as Antrim hurling went backwards???

That was a beatable Kilkenny team, the amount of spilled balls by Loughgiel and to a smaller extent Gaels was unreal!! Would look differently had they been under pressure to win the ball these were frees catches, DD's puck outs seemed to be miss hit every time!! thought he gave Gaels at least 3 points and he just about got to the half way mark. The fullback had a mire, the corner lads were great though and i thought Johnny Campbell was man of the match for me.

Upfront OLG thought they were going to get it tight and moved Hogan into fullback to mark Winker i suppose but he went missing after scoring a beautiful point on the wing. going for goal when he should have went for a point, missing 21 yard frees, gave up hitting frees and didn't look interested to be fair. We can all have bad games but yesterday should not have been one of them. After the threat was sorted they brought Hogan out to CHB.  Hogan is a brave size of a lad

They brought of James Campbell who was not at the races and the full foraward looked as if he had a injury before the game was played!! with twenty to go PJ shouted to one of the subs to get ready. Christ my Da would have got ready quicker and looked more interested than him!! WTF bloody All Ireland final lad!!

What was said at Half-time? they might as well have stayed in!!

Bringing Barney out to midfield was good but left them exposed in the back. Experience was maybe the telling factor, if Loughgiel get back next year they may do a bit better, but i came away worried about the state of our senior sides. Playing these teams and doing well is good for showing the strong counties that we have good teams and we are very competitive. that didn't happen yesterday.

Championship draws next week, we are bound to get Loughgiel again the year ::) ::) ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

I think it's all a matter of perspective. Tell me the secret of how to stop a team having a bad day at will? The fact is that the Shamrocks under performed. No argument. But they are Antrim and Ulster champions. To be fair Dunloy weren't at the races in the championship this year and wouldn't have counted yesterday. Cushendall, perhaps, have the potential to have performed better, but history suggests otherwise. The fact is that there are only really 3 clubs in with a shout of the championship this year coming. Well two. I think that Loughgiel will have learned a lot from yesterday. That can only make them stronger considering that the squad is still young. I honestly can't see any other team knocking them off  their pedestal.

As for paranoia, nah. I was just  commenting on the oh so boring anti-shamrock feeling that lingers, unfortunately, in this county.

Minder

Antrim 2-13 Clare 2-14

Dunno how we didnt  get something from that, stopped playing when Clare went down to 14 men.

Milltown Row2

Most clubs don't get on FFS Seamroga,

Didn't get to the game today, was making my way back from my overnighter in Dublin :-X :-X

Minder who played well and was it promising?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2011, 02:37:15 PM
Most clubs don't get on FFS Seamroga,

Didn't get to the game today, was making my way back from my overnighter in Dublin :-X :-X

Minder who played well and was it promising?

Conor Carson was very good in FF after a shaky start, he won a lot of ball and used it well. Clare had a man (harshly) sent off after 15mins of the second half and we were really on top of them, after being 11 behind in the first half (strong breeze). Couldn't see anything other than an Antrim win in the last 15 minutes but they finished the game off poorly. Karl Stewart, who was good, had a chance to equalise from a free with the last puc of the game but put it badly wide.

Definitely one that got away as Clare are very poor.

gelvis

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 20, 2011, 01:54:55 PM
Quote from: gelvis on February 19, 2011, 11:54:48 PM

Nonsense!

He didn't have the look of a boy who had been training well did he?  Also thought young Ciaran McKinley should have started.  He's the sort of boy who mucks in and with the pitch the state it was yesterday it would have suited him.  Fair enough he dropped a catch near the end and cost a goal but the game was gone by then.
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Two Hands FFS

Very Disappointing result today. Should have had that match won after getting level. As Minder says completely stopped after doing well to get back into it. Needed to get in front which Antrim didnt too. Very Poor up front. The two corner forwards were very poor & cant understand Dinny not starting Shane McN & only bringing him only just after half time