Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2319214 times)

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #17370 on: December 13, 2018, 08:59:14 PM »
Itís 2 per club. See county web / resources/ transfer sanction form/ red writing on form

stiffler

• RIP ONL & THE LADS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17371 on: December 13, 2018, 10:00:43 PM »
Itís either that or club players from teams who canít put a team into the competition lose out at that level

Or they could pool together to form a team of their own.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17372 on: December 13, 2018, 10:50:17 PM »
Itís either that or club players from teams who canít put a team into the competition lose out at that level

Like Sean Stinson?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Caesar

• View Profile
« Reply #17373 on: Today at 08:40:44 AM »
Sean Stinsons no longer exists

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #17374 on: Today at 09:00:09 AM »
Sean Stinsons no longer exists

I know, I was using them as a 'club' that brought together two clubs
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #17375 on: Today at 09:31:27 AM »
Sean Stinsons was formed as a 'juvenile' unit of our association way back in the late 70s (1978 possibly) and involved an amalgamation of youngsters from neighbouring 'junior' clubs, Casement's and St Mary's.
The formation ensured the progress of both the clubs involved which is underlined in their respective current status.
St Mary's in particular based in an area in which the majority of the surrounding population are not friends of our Association.

Stinson's gained success in the All County stage in a four in a row minor titles 95/98.

There have been more than a few attempts made at replication in our county......without longevity......none were successful.

I struggle to understand those who would draw comparison to the current 'sanction' system...with Sean Stinson's.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #17376 on: Today at 09:39:38 AM »
Sean Stinsons was formed as a 'juvenile' unit of our association way back in the late 70s (1978 possibly) and involved an amalgamation of youngsters from neighbouring 'junior' clubs, Casement's and St Mary's.
The formation ensured the progress of both the clubs involved which is underlined in their respective current status.
St Mary's in particular based in an area in which the majority of the surrounding population are not friends of our Association.

Stinson's gained success in the All County stage in a four in a row minor titles 95/98.

There have been more than a few attempts made at replication in our county......without longevity......none were successful.

I struggle to understand those who would draw comparison to the current 'sanction' system...with Sean Stinson's.

See above post, they could pull together to form their own club, Like Sean Stinsons did a while back

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #17377 on: Today at 09:50:17 AM »
As a juvenile club, Stinsons were not allowed to participate in adult (u-21) competition....... 8)

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #17378 on: Today at 09:51:02 AM »
U21 final is sat in woodlands at 4:30pm.

not much of a travel for St Brigids but sure what can you do at this stage of the year for a pitch.

not seen anything of them other than the minor game we played in the semi final, what sort of team are they
hurl like f**k boi!

farset

• View Profile
« Reply #17379 on: Today at 10:09:17 AM »
Nothing but respect for our SW Gaels who, at horrendous times and during the height of hatred, attacks on Gaels and their facilities were able to pull together and keep going.  If they needed to amalgamate so that they could survive, then they absolutely did the right thing.  Those clubs would arguably not be in the position they are in with the facilities they have worked for benefitting those rural areas but for Sean Stinson's existing.  Many of the products of Stinson's represented our county and are the backbone of their clubs today.  Easy for some wishy washy people to criticise sitting in an ivory tower of sanctuary and not being surrounded by the 'mid-Ulster UVF'.  Our games are flourishing in the South West, which is a testament to the Gaels of that area and long may it continue.

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #17380 on: Today at 12:31:51 PM »
this all started with someone saying rossa/st teresas/davitts were beat by Dunloy - is this person saying they had more than 2 sanctions?

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #17381 on: Today at 03:06:40 PM »
I hear the county board are telling the clubs age grade changes are happening without any debate like they did last Christmas. Do they think everyone is asleep at Christmas! Bad start from new chairman