Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2686854 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #19350 on: January 24, 2020, 09:25:23 AM »
i see we have the re-emergence of a team to the South Antrim league this year in the form of Wolfe Tones from Greencastle. Good luck to them all and its good to see another new club, esp in a new area of the county that has no teams.

Would be my nearest local team since moving outta Belfast over 20 years!

Good luck to them, southy football I believe
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #19351 on: January 24, 2020, 01:29:48 PM »
See Ross Carr has taken over the reins at Ardoyne.  Sounds like a decent appointment for them.
No doubt very expensive, at least in line with SW clubs salary structure

SW clubs donít pay in Raffos chips and pastie baps.. they pay in red diesel & tins o boost.

Iíd it under good authority that Ardoyne a werenít paying team..
MR2 if your source is right that's brilliant that's he is doing it voluntary and fair play to him in an area that's had it Tight fo so long

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #19352 on: January 24, 2020, 01:31:43 PM »
i see we have the re-emergence of a team to the South Antrim league this year in the form of Wolfe Tones from Greencastle. Good luck to them all and its good to see another new club, esp in a new area of the county that has no teams.

Would be my nearest local team since moving outta Belfast over 20 years!

Good luck to them, southy football I believe
really is a great story to hear and fair play to the volunteers down there

BigBallWeeBall

• View Profile
« Reply #19353 on: January 24, 2020, 04:11:46 PM »
See Ross Carr has taken over the reins at Ardoyne.  Sounds like a decent appointment for them.
No doubt very expensive, at least in line with SW clubs salary structure

SW clubs donít pay in Raffos chips and pastie baps.. they pay in red diesel & tins o boost.

Iíd it under good authority that Ardoyne a werenít paying team..
MR2 if your source is right that's brilliant that's he is doing it voluntary and fair play to him in an area that's had it Tight fo so long
No doubt about the football calibre of the new manager but I can't see that being done on the cheap

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #19354 on: January 24, 2020, 08:39:15 PM »
Sure if it's for decent expenses what's the problem? Outside your own club who would you take for free, give up 4 days a week or more? Even if players chipped in £2 a session, what's the problem? Some people more interested in what's in it for Ross!  I'm sure Ardoyne came looking for him, not the other way around. Hope it goes well for both parties.

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #19355 on: January 24, 2020, 09:48:04 PM »
Sure if it's for decent expenses what's the problem? Outside your own club who would you take for free, give up 4 days a week or more? Even if players chipped in £2 a session, what's the problem? Some people more interested in what's in it for Ross!  I'm sure Ardoyne came looking for him, not the other way around. Hope it goes well for both parties.
The problem is 3 things
- it is against the rules of the GAA - professionalism
- it means richer clubs can buy a better chance at success
- it tells your own club members that they r not good enough to take the team

BigBallWeeBall

• View Profile
« Reply #19356 on: January 24, 2020, 09:54:00 PM »
BS, agree with best wishes to Ross & Ardoyne. However anyone who thinks this is a £2per session cost to players is kidding themselves. This will be will be like the sums bandied about last year for SW clubs and from memory £30K was mentioned and for a very small city club that's a huge outlay

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #19357 on: January 24, 2020, 10:17:47 PM »

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #19358 on: January 24, 2020, 10:55:16 PM »
Big shout out to Sean Kelly on a great video for the big game on Sunday. The man puts some time into his work and goes way and beyond the duty of a county PRO. Best in the business!

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #19359 on: Today at 07:27:51 AM »
Big shout out to Sean Kelly on a great video for the big game on Sunday. The man puts some time into his work and goes way and beyond the duty of a county PRO. Best in the business!

He really does do a great job and seems to love his role too.  Him and his wee girl doing some serious travelling! Lovely fella too.