Author Topic: Antrim, the way forward  (Read 63484 times)

paddyjohn

• View Profile
Re: Antrim, the way forward
« Reply #495 on: August 16, 2018, 09:20:33 PM »
Where do we put our new county ground? If only we had somewhere near major roads that could double as county pitch and training facility!

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 16, 2018, 09:54:15 PM »
Major road, M1 tick...
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #497 on: August 16, 2018, 10:03:52 PM »
I imagine that we arenít currently able to sell our county ground in order to fund this new development but carry on...

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 17, 2018, 08:38:53 AM »
I imagine that we arenít currently able to sell our county ground in order to fund this new development but carry on...

Thought you give that ground to the Ulster Council for less than a brass farthing?

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #499 on: August 17, 2018, 08:47:25 AM »

Thought you give that ground to the Ulster Council for less than a brass farthing?
Thatís the plan alright. Iím not sure where the ownership lies currently.
However, there is a £70m development planned for the site so if Ulster GAA donít currently own it, Iíd be fairly certain it is under contract.

Antrim Coaster

• View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 17, 2018, 09:04:03 AM »
I think the Antrim County Board did come under pressure from the Ulster Council to hand / sell Casement Park to Ulster. This was refused and will not happen.

The whole debacle around Casement Park is the doing of the Ulster Council because the funding package stated that the Provincial Council manage the project.

The Ulster Council have made a complete and total hames of this, leaving Antrim without a county ground.

cfclg

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 17, 2018, 09:13:06 AM »
The state of Casement is reflective of the current mood in our county as a whole, both on the pitch and off it. I hate to be glass half empty but when you see other counties leap frogging us and making great strides at both underage and senior it brings it all home. On the field, we are most definitely a county in decline (in both codes).

It may only be bricks and mortar but it is very important to have somewhere to call home. I'm not fussy, I don't care if it has a fancy stand, excellent catering facilities etc etc. Just give us a base, somewhere that we can all go to, to support all our county teams and indeed the cream of our club teams. Please  :-[

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 17, 2018, 05:05:30 PM »
I think the Antrim County Board did come under pressure from the Ulster Council to hand / sell Casement Park to Ulster. This was refused and will not happen.

The whole debacle around Casement Park is the doing of the Ulster Council because the funding package stated that the Provincial Council manage the project.

The Ulster Council have made a complete and total hames of this, leaving Antrim without a county ground.
If this was any other walk of life Antrim would be due compensation from Ulster Council! >:(