Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

News Boy

Quote from: NAG1 on June 07, 2010, 02:25:30 PM
I would also question a player joining any panel at this time of the year.

Plus who would SD be to be giving out about the standard of training?
The one thing that Dinny does bring is a level of training that the players just dont get elsewhere!

Dinny is a has been!!! The sooner Miltown Row (the original!!!) takes over Antrim Senior Hurling, the better!!!!!

gelvis

Quote from: Minder on June 07, 2010, 02:14:45 PM
Quote from: gelvis on June 07, 2010, 02:10:21 PM
Its getting hard to listen to the Glenariffe lads about the championship now.  They had their best game of the year against Dunloy last year and still couldn't beat Dunloy (who probably played one of their worst games of the summer in Loughgiel that night) and now they reckon they're a shoe in to beat Cushendall in this years final.  Too many boys think they are twice the hurler they actually are.

Will Graffin and Neal McAuley be back for the Laois/Carlow game?  If not, who will come in to replace them in the back lines?  Barry McFall?  Heard Sean Delargy was back at the training for a couple of weeks before packing it in again because he wasn't impressed with the standards of training?

I would love to know what "Glenariffe lads" you have been talking to.

A couple or three of those who have been in/out/in/out of the county set up over the last few years...and I'm not referring to the "Holy One"  ;)
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on June 07, 2010, 02:08:22 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 07, 2010, 01:54:13 PM
He is def older than 31 but thats neither here nor there, he is in good shape and takes care of himself

Trust me Nag, he is 31.

I'll have to bow to your greater knowledge but he's had an old head on him for some time now.

I suppose the paper rounds would be hard enough around Waterfoot, hilly auld ground and drive sea winds can't be easy.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: News Boy on June 07, 2010, 02:32:58 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 07, 2010, 02:25:30 PM
I would also question a player joining any panel at this time of the year.

Plus who would SD be to be giving out about the standard of training?
The one thing that Dinny does bring is a level of training that the players just dont get elsewhere!

Dinny is a has been!!! The sooner Miltown Row (the original!!!) takes over Antrim Senior Hurling, the better!!!!!

WUM of the highest  ;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: gelvis on June 07, 2010, 03:22:14 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 07, 2010, 02:14:45 PM
Quote from: gelvis on June 07, 2010, 02:10:21 PM
Its getting hard to listen to the Glenariffe lads about the championship now.  They had their best game of the year against Dunloy last year and still couldn't beat Dunloy (who probably played one of their worst games of the summer in Loughgiel that night) and now they reckon they're a shoe in to beat Cushendall in this years final.  Too many boys think they are twice the hurler they actually are.

Will Graffin and Neal McAuley be back for the Laois/Carlow game?  If not, who will come in to replace them in the back lines?  Barry McFall?  Heard Sean Delargy was back at the training for a couple of weeks before packing it in again because he wasn't impressed with the standards of
training?

I would love to know what "Glenariffe lads" you have been talking to.

A couple or three of those who have been in/out/in/out of the county set up over the last few years...and I'm not referring to the "Holy One"  ;)

Mmm I was talking to a few of them last weekend and nobody was talking like that, I think they may have been yanking your chain. Our fellas know they have a huge match against Ballycastle and aren't looking any further than that.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on June 07, 2010, 11:45:28 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on June 07, 2010, 11:36:52 AM
I confess I didn't see it (so am most likely wrong) but I thought it sounded more like a stick than an elbow at the time. I'd say frustration seems to play a large part in JT's disiplinary woes. I'd have expected a boy with his experience to have mellowed out by now.

Jaysus, don't know there skull, some mellow, some go the opposite and I think our minds play tricks with us older players. We'd be giving off to a young fella for doing something silly when in all likelihood we made the same mistakes 20 odd years previous but have chosen to blank that from our minds as we never made mistakes don't you know.

Dont know if you mellow as you get older, can be very frustrating watching young lads waste ball and yes maybe we did it as young lads so maybe training is the best place to address issues about poor play.

no one really goes out to have a bad game and before the match you know what you want to do with the ball, doesn't always work out. Johnny seems a decent spud and having played against him for many years i've never seen too many wild pulls or slabbering. I've seen plenty of wild pulls on him as he goes for goal, many of the good forwards take some abuse.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: News Boy on June 07, 2010, 11:34:32 AM
Quote from: Last Man on June 07, 2010, 11:24:02 AM
Is Tosh having some sort of mid life crisis at the minute? Seems to be getting the line on a regular basis recently. I have seen him get a bit agitated at times, mainly aimed at his team mates if they haven't picked him out and struck a long range shot wide instead. He surely didn't get the red for mouthing yesterday?

A load of old boll***s, were you there????????
My point is based on watching a largely civil character off the pitch over reacting a number of times to things that weren't worth wasting his breath on. If ever there was a man who could let his hurling do the talking.... and no I wasn't at the game. If the back was caught on the wrong side of him I would have sympathy as refs often get the elbow judgement wrong when in effect the back is walking into it, you would see a lot of left handers penalizied for it.

Fairhead

Antrim couldn't have asked for a better draw in the qualifiers. If they put in the same application as they did against Offaly they could hopefully get past Laois/Carlow.

As for the weekend a vital win for Ballycastle and a good team performance to boot. Should do the confidence a world of good and as long as Ballygalget keep losing they should be alright  :P. It was a relief that they actually held on to a lead for a change which had been a problem in some of the earlier games.

theskull1

Was the black and amber a factor at all Fairhead?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

Quote from: theskull1 on June 08, 2010, 09:51:33 AM

I would doubt it..........

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG1

Big result all the same, what has happened to the Cran men, the seem to have faded completely to the form they had been showing over the last few years?

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on June 08, 2010, 11:25:59 AM
Big result all the same, what has happened to the Cran men, the seem to have faded completely to the form they had been showing over the last few years?

They went mad with the fitness and training at the start of the year and I suppose now everyone is starting to catch up.

like ourselves they've a fairly weak bench if a few are injured or exam tied.

Fairhead

Nah id say it was the sight of the red jersies and the thought of the visit next Sunday to the Shamrocks!!!!

Ballycran took at least one player off in the reserve game who started in the senior so maybe they were short a few.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fairhead on June 08, 2010, 09:52:11 PM

Nah id say it was the sight of the red jersies and the thought of the visit next Sunday to the Shamrocks!!!!

Ballycran took at least one player off in the reserve game who started in the senior so maybe they were short a few.

one player!! christ i remember we played ya's in senior and reserve and 8 players that day played both, came in after the reserve game had a drink and a stretch, changed jerseys and ran out for the senior game!!! lost by a point in that game >:(

playwiththewind1st

one player!! christ i remember we played ya's in senior and reserve and 8 players that day played both, came in after the reserve game had a drink and a stretch, changed jerseys and ran out for the senior game!!! lost by a point in that game >:(
[/quote]

Probably quite a few years ago now, Milltown !!!