Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: theskull1 on June 07, 2010, 11:36:52 AM
I confess I didn't see it (so am most likely wrong) but I thought it sounded more like a stick than an elbow at the time. I'd say frustration seems to play a large part in JT's disiplinary woes. I'd have expected a boy with his experience to have mellowed out by now.

Mate said it sounded like a stick and my only other mate said it wasn't the stick. Herbie has him down for deliberate striking so 3 months and possibly more for repeat offending. Now that he is no longer with the county the ban will not mysteriously be quashed !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on June 07, 2010, 11:36:52 AM
I confess I didn't see it (so am most likely wrong) but I thought it sounded more like a stick than an elbow at the time. I'd say frustration seems to play a large part in JT's disiplinary woes. I'd have expected a boy with his experience to have mellowed out by now.

Jaysus, don't know there skull, some mellow, some go the opposite and I think our minds play tricks with us older players. We'd be giving off to a young fella for doing something silly when in all likelihood we made the same mistakes 20 odd years previous but have chosen to blank that from our minds as we never made mistakes don't you know.

NAG1

Be a shame if this is the way he is going to finish out his career all the same.

Real nice guy and would say most GAA people would have a good word for him.

He had a talent that should have lead the line for Antrim for 5-6 years, just could never get around the mental aspect of the game. Real shame.

theskull1

In fairness to Johnny I think when you are supremely talented and ambitious in a squad where many don't share those ambitions then frustration could develop quite easily. I do think Oisins are getting thier act together this year after a good finish to last season...they just need to keep doing what they're doing and not expect too much too soon.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on June 07, 2010, 01:01:43 PM
In fairness to Johnny I think when you are supremely talented and ambitious in a squad where many don't share those ambitions then frustration could develop quite easily. I do think Oisins are getting thier act together this year after a good finish to last season...they just need to keep doing what they're doing and not expect too much too soon.

Aye but time isn't on his side. Tosh must be the wrong side of 35 by now.

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on June 07, 2010, 01:38:19 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on June 07, 2010, 01:01:43 PM

Aye but time isn't on his side. Tosh must be the wrong side of 35 by now.

He is 31 JC so he isn't finished just yet.

NAG1

He is def older than 31 but thats neither here nor there, he is in good shape and takes care of himself

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: NAG1 on June 07, 2010, 01:54:13 PM
He is def older than 31 but thats neither here nor there, he is in good shape and takes care of himself

Tosh is 31.

Minder

Quote from: NAG1 on June 07, 2010, 01:54:13 PM

Trust me Nag, he is 31.

gelvis

Its getting hard to listen to the Glenariffe lads about the championship now.  They had their best game of the year against Dunloy last year and still couldn't beat Dunloy (who probably played one of their worst games of the summer in Loughgiel that night) and now they reckon they're a shoe in to beat Cushendall in this years final.  Too many boys think they are twice the hurler they actually are.

Will Graffin and Neal McAuley be back for the Laois/Carlow game?  If not, who will come in to replace them in the back lines?  Barry McFall?  Heard Sean Delargy was back at the training for a couple of weeks before packing it in again because he wasn't impressed with the standards of training?
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Minder

Quote from: gelvis on June 07, 2010, 02:10:21 PM
Its getting hard to listen to the Glenariffe lads about the championship now.  They had their best game of the year against Dunloy last year and still couldn't beat Dunloy (who probably played one of their worst games of the summer in Loughgiel that night) and now they reckon they're a shoe in to beat Cushendall in this years final.  Too many boys think they are twice the hurler they actually are.

Will Graffin and Neal McAuley be back for the Laois/Carlow game?  If not, who will come in to replace them in the back lines?  Barry McFall?  Heard Sean Delargy was back at the training for a couple of weeks before packing it in again because he wasn't impressed with the standards of training?

I would love to know what "Glenariffe lads" you have been talking to.

theskull1

Quote from: gelvis on June 07, 2010, 02:10:21 PM

The Dunloy lads think the training is good this year...but then what would they know  ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

I would also question a player joining any panel at this time of the year.

Plus who would SD be to be giving out about the standard of training?
The one thing that Dinny does bring is a level of training that the players just dont get elsewhere!

Two Hands FFS

More that the turn outs to training were poor and that he couldnt give the required commitment to the county team.

NAG1

Then why was he asked back in the first place?

I dont rate him highly enough to be going chasing after him. Just my opinion.