Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullhard

Quote from: Bonamargy on September 14, 2015, 10:17:47 PM
That is still bothering him, but I think his knee is a bigger concern. Really unlucky with the injuries.

Thats such a shame, lovely fella and quality hurler. Whats happened to his knee

getevennotcross

Quote from: MoChara on September 14, 2015, 10:50:59 AM
Quote from: getevennotcross on September 14, 2015, 10:40:48 AM
Quote from: MoChara on September 14, 2015, 09:26:23 AM
Quote from: reddog on September 14, 2015, 01:39:51 AM
Quote from: getevennotcross on September 13, 2015, 02:54:16 PM
Quote from: reddog on September 13, 2015, 12:47:07 AM
Been keeping quiet but the double standards and refusal to give credit where its due is shocking. After the u21 final people tried to destroy Michael Bradley. I know the real Michael and know how good an athlete and person he is. The hyperbole after that match was shocking to the point Mick will be playing big ball next year. You all hammered him but refused to acknowledge his performance in the cdall game where he gave an exhibition. If you are gona hammer someone when you perceived he has done wrong at least be consistent if he does well!
No real comparison in if he performed well as opposed to being a tr**p sc**bag with his behaviour.  How can you justify such an endorsement of his integrity and dignity?  Beggars belief if you ask me.  I can certainly distinguish between what is right and wrong! Do you not think the disgusting manner of his mutterings and goading detracts from his performance at all?  All about moral compass don't you think?

Well off to Dunloy now, zoop, zandwiches, umbrella, rain coat, wellies, well Dunloy is a bog DR, isn't that rite mate?
i can endorse his integrity  and dignity as i know the person. You dont but have been judging the man. He hasnt beem proven guilty. If you see him day in and day out and how he conducts himself and how he is with his family and friends then you can judge. You cant judge based on an accusation. Frankly it stops here. There are two ways to settle character assasinations like this. We arrange to meet somewhere and sort it or we go the more formal route. But it ends here.

You can endorse his integrity and dignity as an anonymous poster on an Internet Forum, for all we know you are michael bradley or elton john, I think I like any other rational person would rather take first hand accounts from people we know personally along with the comments that his own team mates admitted it.
And frankly it doesn't stop here as you repeatedly state because you a faceless moniker on the internet with no authority, even if you do want to meet up for a fight it won't change what happened.
A fight, who said anything about a fight, I'm a pacifist for goodness sake!  I was offering to meet  RD (and still am available) so he could do his barrack room, high and mighty lawyer bit!  Should I bring a brief or a Caman with me???  My goodness, eh.

By the sounds of him you might need to bring a spare pair of briefs with you  :D
I'm still waiting on the invitation. ZZzzzzzz. RD are ya there pal?

Anytimel, any place, anywhere, your call, Martini time! 

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Bonamargy on September 14, 2015, 10:10:47 PM
Cormac is injured, hasn't played all season. Starting to look like he will never be fit to play again. A big loss to club and county.

a real pity that, hes a good hurler and a nice guy as well. Got chatting to him at the camogie semi final a few weeks back.
hurl like f**k boi!

bogieman

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 14, 2015, 10:53:42 AM
Knowing the county board they'll charge £4 in cos everyone only got a half yesterday

IMO there should be an open gate, with an entry collection for the refugee crisis, and ALL proceeds going to the Trócaire appeal, 91% bang for your buck. No fees or expenses to be taken.

Regarding the game, second half was shaping up to be real good. Great to hear all the gaels are on the mend.
There seemed to be some unsportsmanlike behaviour towards LW when going past me along the line at halftime. Was there any bad manners from him in the far corner at the end of the second half ?

Ref:
Fundraise in your community: gather together and raise money at this urgent time.
Contact Katie for support: Katie.bolger@trocaire.org or telephone: 016549122

P.S. There is more than one fool on this board...  ;)
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

NAG1

Quote from: bogieman on September 15, 2015, 09:30:13 AM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 14, 2015, 10:53:42 AM
Knowing the county board they'll charge £4 in cos everyone only got a half yesterday

IMO there should be an open gate, with an entry collection for the refugee crisis, and ALL proceeds going to the Trócaire appeal, 91% bang for your buck. No fees or expenses to be taken.

Regarding the game, second half was shaping up to be real good. Great to hear all the gaels are on the mend.
There seemed to be some unsportsmanlike behaviour towards LW when going past me along the line at halftime. Was there any bad manners from him in the far corner at the end of the second half ?

Ref:
Fundraise in your community: gather together and raise money at this urgent time.
Contact Katie for support: Katie.bolger@trocaire.org or telephone: 016549122

P.S. There is more than one fool on this board...  ;)

BM

I think he has enough on his plate at the moment, but just to clarify, if you were watching previous to this then I think you will find it was a two way street.

MoChara

I've heard it rumored the charity would be the heart foundation since Liam and Neils Fathers both had heart trouble that weekend.

Jesusjones

Just saw a tweet, free in to the game but voluntary donations will be collected for chest heart and stroke.

NAG1

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 15, 2015, 10:52:19 AM
Just saw a tweet, free in to the game but voluntary donations will be collected for chest heart and stroke.

That is a really decent gesture so fair is fair. Add this to the Clothes collections last weekend and I think we can be a little proud of our organisation for a change.

Na Glinntí Glasa

excellent gesture by the county. hopefully people will dig deep at the gate and put the money to the charity
hurl like f**k boi!

WhipHerOnJohn

It's been a tough few days for North Antrim Gaels. I have just been made aware of the passing of loughgiel hurler, Odhran McFadden's Mother. Sincere condolences to all the family and friends at this tough time.

Two Hands FFS

Fair play to the county board for doing the right thing. We give them criticism often enough so they deserve praise on this occasion.

Also deepest sympathies to Odhran and the McFadden family. I'm sure it was tough for him trying to prepare for the match on Sunday.

theskull1

Heard that myself. Sympathies to the McFadden and Connolly families. Anne was a lovely lady
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

theskull1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 15, 2015, 11:07:30 AM

excellent gesture by the county. hopefully people will dig deep at the gate and put the money to the charity

I would have made it a fiver. The number of people who'll walk straight through (or fire in a handful of copper) will be embarrassing I reckon. The likes of Marie Curie could do with support as well.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Na Glinntí Glasa

was thinking that myself. there will be ones there who will turn up for it being free and not even dip for charity. Not alot that can be done tho.

Jaysus the traffic will be mental lol
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Yes fair dues to those involved with the clothing & charity aspects - great to see.

Charity is a personal things lads - leave it up to people themselves - and personally I have more faith in society that people will contribute generously.

Really saddening incidents in the Glens recently - hopefully everyone comes out the other side as best possible.

On the hurling front - does anyone see either side changing much in response to the opening shots fired?