Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Bound to have been the biggest crowd at a hurling match in Antrim in a long time. Great to see

Id recommend people leave earlier next week.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

faughs

Those defibrillators should surely be on the pitch side for games - those seconds wasted in someone having to run to the changing rooms could be the difference between life and death 

Glad that all concerned are ok

getevennotcross

Quote from: shoebox on September 13, 2015, 09:43:49 PM
Coming from Belfast,I sailed in through Glarryford with 20 mins before throw in. Best wishes to Winker's father. Puts the rivalry and indeed the game into perspective. It looked very concerning. I was close to the young lad who fell and seeing the young cub and his family really had everyone shook up. I'm sure it was the same at the Loughiel side. Thank god there was enough doctors about.

It should be a big lesson for the county board. At events like these, we need to have the St John's ambulance at least there but in reality there should be proper ambulances too for a crowd that size. Cost should never compromise safety. Fair play tp the Dunloy stewards. They handled the situation very well (defibrillator, access for ambulance etc).

Hopefully the lessons are learned.
+1, well said Shoebox.

Tony Baloney

He's a lucky man. There are few better places outside of hospital to have heart trouble.

theskull1

Exactly
Doctors Nurses and Defib all within 100m

Seamroga in exile

Yeah, well done to all involved. Stewards did a good job clearing the way too.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 13, 2015, 11:03:35 PM

Any updates SIE?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: NAG1 on September 13, 2015, 11:05:40 PM

Any updates SIE?
Paudie McShane posted earlier on Facebook that he has had stents put in and on the mend.

Gizzy15

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 13, 2015, 11:14:39 PM

Any updates SIE?
Paudie McShane posted earlier on Facebook that he has had stents put in and on the mend.

Brilliant news,

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 13, 2015, 11:19:51 PM

Any updates SIE?

Brilliant news,
great stuff. One of his daughters has put up on Facebook that's he's on the mend.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 13, 2015, 11:32:58 PM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 13, 2015, 11:19:51 PM

Any updates SIE?

Brilliant news,
great stuff. One of his daughters has put up on Facebook that's he's on the mend.

great news
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

theskull1

reddog

Quote from: hardstation on September 13, 2015, 12:51:30 AM
Quote from: reddog on September 13, 2015, 12:47:07 AM
Been keeping quiet but the double standards and refusal to give credit where its due is shocking. After the u21 final people tried to destroy Michael Bradley. I know the real Michael and know how good an athlete and person he is. The hyperbole after that match was shocking to the point Mick will be playing big ball next year. You all hammered him but refused to acknowledge his performance in the cdall game where he gave an exhibition. If you are gona hammer someone when you perceived he has done wrong at least be consistent if he does well!
I never got involved in the saga but you must realise that performing well in a match is a long way off making up for what he is accused of??

accused of ....you hit nail on the head.Accused of, he has never been proven guilty but thats a fact that has escaped you all

Seamroga in exile

Posted on Liam Watson's Facebook page:

"Would like to take this time to thank dunloy hurling club,stewards,and staff -doctors ,paramedics and for all who help keep my father alive today. To all other clubs , friends and inner-outer circle for phone calls, text mgs, private mail and much more my mother and I along with my 3 sister's cant thank use all enough.sorry if I have missed any1 out. Daddy is in royal and recovering after his operation. Xx"

Jesusjones

Great news that he is on the mend, I'm sure it was a terrible thing for friends and family too. Fair play to all who helped as well, they are all a credit to The GAA. In relation to the match I don't really know what to think. We had loughgiel on the ropes and for my money we were on top in most sectors of the pitch. That mean defence from last year was back, Graffin makes all the difference. We are a different team with him onboard. Loughgiel hit a few bad wides but so did we and we had the only real goal chance which we didn't take. Again the ref was doing a fine job.