Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north aontroim gael

Great to hear that Paddy is on the mend. Well done to all who assisted him & Dunloy officials who organised entry & exits for the ambulances very well given the size of the crowd.

On the match itself, Cushendall were on top on every line of the field. They brought an intensity to the game we never matched in the first half hour. We got one warning against St. Galls, we've got another one yesterday but I don't see our management team making any changes. I'd like to see a few younger fellas (Damon & Sian) get their chance.

getevennotcross

Quote from: reddog on September 14, 2015, 01:39:51 AM
Quote from: getevennotcross on September 13, 2015, 02:54:16 PM
Quote from: reddog on September 13, 2015, 12:47:07 AM
Been keeping quiet but the double standards and refusal to give credit where its due is shocking. After the u21 final people tried to destroy Michael Bradley. I know the real Michael and know how good an athlete and person he is. The hyperbole after that match was shocking to the point Mick will be playing big ball next year. You all hammered him but refused to acknowledge his performance in the cdall game where he gave an exhibition. If you are gona hammer someone when you perceived he has done wrong at least be consistent if he does well!
No real comparison in if he performed well as opposed to being a tr**p sc**bag with his behaviour.  How can you justify such an endorsement of his integrity and dignity?  Beggars belief if you ask me.  I can certainly distinguish between what is right and wrong! Do you not think the disgusting manner of his mutterings and goading detracts from his performance at all?  All about moral compass don't you think?

Well off to Dunloy now, zoop, zandwiches, umbrella, rain coat, wellies, well Dunloy is a bog DR, isn't that rite mate?
i can endorse his integrity  and dignity as i know the person. You dont but have been judging the man. He hasnt beem proven guilty. If you see him day in and day out and how he conducts himself and how he is with his family and friends then you can judge. You cant judge based on an accusation. Frankly it stops here. There are two ways to settle character assasinations like this. We arrange to meet somewhere and sort it or we go the more formal route. But it ends here.
Your hubris is amazing but I 'm not impressed.  Happy to meet anytime, any place anywhere of your choosing? I'll await your invitation? 

theskull1

i can endorse his integrity  and dignity as i know the person. You dont but have been judging the man. He hasnt beem proven guilty. If you see him day in and day out and how he conducts himself and how he is with his family and friends then you can judge. You cant judge based on an accusation. Frankly it stops here. There are two ways to settle character assasinations like this. We arrange to meet somewhere and sort it or we go the more formal route. But it ends here.

What do you think of all the people who claim he said what he said rd? To assassinate ones character with a lie is a terrible thing as you say.... I'd agree with you on principle there.... what do you think of the people who are collectively lying through their teeth (in your opinion). You must think pretty low of each and every one of them?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on September 14, 2015, 09:14:28 AM

What do you think of all the people who claim he said what he said rd? To assassinate ones character with a lie is a terrible thing as you say.... I'd agree with you on principle there.... what do you think of the people who are collectively lying through their teeth (in your opinion). You must think pretty low of each and every one of them?

+1

But are we really going to start over this again?
It's done now and MB will have to live with it and the damage it has done to his reputation.
But I think it is time to move on past this.

MoChara

Been keeping quiet but the double standards and refusal to give credit where its due is shocking. After the u21 final people tried to destroy Michael Bradley. I know the real Michael and know how good an athlete and person he is. The hyperbole after that match was shocking to the point Mick will be playing big ball next year. You all hammered him but refused to acknowledge his performance in the cdall game where he gave an exhibition. If you are gona hammer someone when you perceived he has done wrong at least be consistent if he does well!
No real comparison in if he performed well as opposed to being a tr**p sc**bag with his behaviour.  How can you justify such an endorsement of his integrity and dignity?  Beggars belief if you ask me.  I can certainly distinguish between what is right and wrong! Do you not think the disgusting manner of his mutterings and goading detracts from his performance at all?  All about moral compass don't you think?

Well off to Dunloy now, zoop, zandwiches, umbrella, rain coat, wellies, well Dunloy is a bog DR, isn't that rite mate?

You can endorse his integrity and dignity as an anonymous poster on an Internet Forum, for all we know you are michael bradley or elton john, I think I like any other rational person would rather take first hand accounts from people we know personally along with the comments that his own team mates admitted it.
And frankly it doesn't stop here as you repeatedly state because you a faceless moniker on the internet with no authority, even if you do want to meet up for a fight it won't change what happened.

Two Hands FFS

It's been a strange weekend giving what happened in Cushendall on Saturday with Neil's father & then obviously Winkers da. Was scary at the match last night when the doctors/nurses started running across the pitch & the shouts across the pitch for the Defib. Glad both are on the mend.

Ballycastle deserved the win as Dunloy never showed up in the second half. The Town took some great scores & Clarkey & Saul are a handful.
The Dall were going well last night with some bad wides from L'Giel, but there was still a long way to go. Hard one to call for next Sunday.

bannside

What happened to Hugh?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Glad to hear Liams father is on the mend. hurling is important to us all but family and health are alot more precious.

Bit of a panic to get everyone out and away but thankfully it wasn't too bad. Traffic was mad but it was all to do with people all coming from the same direction and at the same time.

Best advice to anyone going to the game sunday is go early and get parked at the hall or chapel asap.
hurl like f**k boi!

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: bannside on September 14, 2015, 09:42:43 AM
What happened to Hugh?
Took a heart attack on Saturday morning as well. Rushed to the Royal and was very lucky to survive.

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 14, 2015, 09:45:31 AM
Glad to hear Liams father is on the mend. hurling is important to us all but family and health are alot more precious.

Bit of a panic to get everyone out and away but thankfully it wasn't too bad. Traffic was mad but it was all to do with people all coming from the same direction and at the same time.

Best advice to anyone going to the game sunday is go early and get parked at the hall or chapel asap.

Would the Cushendall Traffic not be coming through Cloughmills out and across at Logans and the LG traffic not being coming up over the railway line?

Na Glinntí Glasa

They all seemed to come in up the station road over the railway. Most ones coming out at Logans wouldn't know the back roads straight over the junction to get to Dunloy and all turned right and then left up the station road.

Also there was a wake on just up from the pitch at the same time so there was people there for that as well.

People need to come that bit earlier for Sunday and there wont be any massive tail backs. Unfortunately there's nothing any of us in a yellow vest can do to move traffic up that road esp when you have people from all over north antrim coming in one direction. That crowd was bigger than the double header we had a few weeks ago.

Def come earlier is my advice as it will be the same this sunday.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Not being at the game I wasn't frustrated by traffic - so to me it sounds great that there was so many there!
Sounds like this Loughgiel Cushendall was like an episode of Casualty - best wishes for all concerned and hopeful of a speedy recovery.
Between the crowd and the concerns for other about the match - in some ways it managed still to show the best about the GAA Community.

Could the replay not have been Saturday? Anyone travelling home after will miss the biggest big ball match? Even tho it's not as important as the re-fix ;)

getevennotcross

Quote from: MoChara on September 14, 2015, 09:26:23 AM

You can endorse his integrity and dignity as an anonymous poster on an Internet Forum, for all we know you are michael bradley or elton john, I think I like any other rational person would rather take first hand accounts from people we know personally along with the comments that his own team mates admitted it.
And frankly it doesn't stop here as you repeatedly state because you a faceless moniker on the internet with no authority, even if you do want to meet up for a fight it won't change what happened.
A fight, who said anything about a fight, I'm a pacifist for goodness sake!  I was offering to meet  RD (and still am available) so he could do his barrack room, high and mighty lawyer bit!  Should I bring a brief or a Caman with me???  My goodness, eh.

faughs

Any estimate as to how many people were there?

Will the refix game be free entrance?

MoChara

Quote from: getevennotcross on September 14, 2015, 10:40:48 AM
Quote from: MoChara on September 14, 2015, 09:26:23 AM

A fight, who said anything about a fight, I'm a pacifist for goodness sake!  I was offering to meet  RD (and still am available) so he could do his barrack room, high and mighty lawyer bit!  Should I bring a brief or a Caman with me???  My goodness, eh.

By the sounds of him you might need to bring a spare pair of briefs with you  :D