Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

You don't win championships beating dunloy and loughgiel on the way being limited unless everyone else was just very limited?

hurlingstick

Dunloy, Loughiel and Ballycastle people will all tell you that yes their teams were limited last year. That is not a great Dal team. A poor Portaferry team winning Ulster speaks volumes.

btdtgtt

I see the media round ahead of the wexford game started.
Who to interview in the Antrim set up?
Are we allowed to hear from anyone else?

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: hurlingstick on February 10, 2015, 09:22:08 PM
Dunloy, Loughiel and Ballycastle people will all tell you that yes their teams were limited last year. That is not a great Dal team. A poor Portaferry team winning Ulster speaks volumes.
Who's the Dal?

Sham Man

Quote from: hurlingstick on February 10, 2015, 08:37:44 PM
They are limited. Ulster championship proved it.
As I said before, any team on a given day can raise their game and get tactics right, while the opposing team (expected favs.) falter.  It happens, has happened and will continue to happen. ;) ;) ::)  No dead certs in any man's book.  :'( :'(
Shamrocks are winners!

hurlingstick

Quote from: Sham Man on February 11, 2015, 04:40:34 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on February 10, 2015, 08:37:44 PM
They are limited. Ulster championship proved it.
As I said before, any team on a given day can raise their game and get tactics right, while the opposing team (expected favs.) falter.  It happens, has happened and will continue to happen. ;) ;) ::)  No dead certs in any man's book.  :'( :'(

Agree to a certain extent.

I think hurling is such a skilful game though that in the majority (not every time) of games the team with the best players will win. In soccer you can put 11 behind the ball in a cup game and you've a good chance of getting a result against a team with better players. It's not as easy in hurling.

There were no excellent teams in last year's Antrim Senior Championship was the simple point I was trying to make. I think I've offended a few Cushendall fans in the process.

hurlingstick

Can't wait for the season to begin. Anyone a date for first senior league games?

themac_23

Quote from: hurlingstick on February 11, 2015, 05:12:09 PM
Can't wait for the season to begin. Anyone a date for first senior league games?

Football is down for Apr 8th start, from memory last year the 1st wednesday and sunday where football then the following wednesday the hurling started. Will roughly be about that time AFAIK

SaffronHeart

plus 9 handicap very generous on sunday for us in my view. I think we can give a depleted wexford a right rattle!

Sham Man

I dont know whether to go the Rossa game or the county game on Sunday. Is the Antrim v Wexford game on the radio???  Slightly leaning towards Rossa v Kilburn Gaels at Croker.  :-\  Any betting on Rossa and Antrim double?  ;)  :D
Shamrocks are winners!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Sham Man on February 13, 2015, 12:54:32 PM
I dont know whether to go the Rossa game or the county game on Sunday. Is the Antrim v Wexford game on the radio???  Slightly leaning towards Rossa v Fullen Gaels at Croker.  :-\  Any betting on Rossa and Antrim double?  ;)  :D

Rossa game has crept up under the radar - how are things looking for it HS?
Hard to be optimistic about the trip to Wexford park.

Sham Man

Quote from: frostbit on February 13, 2015, 01:53:09 PM
Rossa should win.  If they don't I'll be very surprised.  They are a senior standard side and therefore should be stronger than any intermediate club.  That opinion shouldn't be confused with an opinion on whether or not they should be competing in the Intermediate championship at all. I understand that they have been playing in Division 2 for a while but wit the quality of players they have and how they have so far been unbeaten, it shows that they are too good for this standard.

So Rossa to beat Kilburn Gaels by 8-10 points.
a bit overly optimistic, but sure 1 point would do????  good luck to the Rossa either way.  ;) :D
Shamrocks are winners!

WTF u on about?

Is Rossa match this evening?

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

WTF u on about?

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 14, 2015, 05:40:17 PM
Quote from: WTF u on about? on February 14, 2015, 03:03:51 PM
Is Rossa match this evening?
tomorrow at 3.45.
Cheers. Will be a tight game but think they'll do enough to Nick it. Good luck rossa.