Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 15, 2015, 12:39:23 AM
Lets get real, there isn't as team in the county that wouldn't have PJ on their team, end off.... I've watched him played against him and referee'd him long enough to know he's a quality player. If he wasn't part of Clooney Gaels' they'd not be where they are today....
erm, I don't think Cushendall would have.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 15, 2015, 01:41:23 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 15, 2015, 12:39:23 AM
Lets get real, there isn't as team in the county that wouldn't have PJ on their team, end off.... I've watched him played against him and referee'd him long enough to know he's a quality player. If he wasn't part of Clooney Gaels' they'd not be where they are today....
erm, I don't think Cushendall would have.

Why?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sham Man

Have we such a wealth of talent in Antrim that we should omit PJ, catch a grip wud ya ?????  ::) ???
Shamrocks are winners!

hurlingstick

Quote from: Sham Man on February 15, 2015, 10:05:00 AM
Have we such a wealth of talent in Antrim that we should omit PJ, catch a grip wud ya ?????  ::) ???

I never said at any stage he should be omitted. I said he was a decent player. I did say there were players his equal (and some) who aren't in the squad for various reasons. Benny, Saul and Nigel all of whom play at a higher level. Read the debate instead of steaming in with opinions.

WTF u on about?

Quote from: hurlingstick on February 15, 2015, 12:29:29 PM
Quote from: Sham Man on February 15, 2015, 10:05:00 AM

I never said at any stage he should be omitted. I said he was a decent player. I did say there were players his equal (and some) who aren't in the squad for various reasons. Benny, Saul and Nigel all of whom play at a higher level. Read the debate instead of steaming in with opinions.
Higher level doesn't equal better player. They play with better players week after week probably makes them look better than they maybe are.

hurlingstick

Agreed but playing at a higher level develops players.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hurlingstick on February 15, 2015, 01:10:04 PM

He won't be afforded space at senior level but a lot of that will be down to what happens outfield, i.e ability of out field players playing decent ball in..... Certain teams at yoyo level always had a player that if you gave him ball he'd do damage... Tosh did it for years for Glenariffe. Again another player who'd get on any Antrim team (except Cushendall, for obvious reasons 😆)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Antrim down three points at half time. Wexford player sent of straight red card for pulling back with the hurl.
Wexford 1 * 12 Antrim 1 * 9
http://www.southeastradio.ie/listen-live/

WTF u on about?

Quote from: hurlingstick on February 15, 2015, 01:10:04 PM
Sure would county level not b a notch or two above div 1 club! He's held his own there the past few years. League games that the top teams don't really take seriously mightn't develop too many.

hurlingstick

Division one league games will be better for player development than division 2 league games. Coming up against Neal Mcauley, Conor Mckinley, Martin Scullion, James Campbell, Aaron Graffin etc. Will push him on. He will develop more against these quality defenders than many of the defenders he has been use to playing against in division 2. Can't argue with you in regards to his development at inter County level. It is definitely a step up again.

imtommygunn

We hit the post in injury time and came back from seven down so while disappointing to lose sounded like a decent performance.

imtommygunn

We always do terribly against Limerick :(

Offaly and Laois the big games.

WTF u on about?

WTF u on about?

County left that behind them today. All square and Wexford lose a man then they hit last 3 scores of half?! Then a whole half against 14? They can't keep losing these tight games and say it was a good performance there comes a time when they have to take their chances and punish teams.

Bonamargy

Excellent performance from Antrim today against a very fancied Wexford. Well done to Rossa on their All Ireland success. Their next championship match is against us in the Antrim 1/4 final.