Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: frostbit on February 14, 2015, 07:46:22 PM
Have we a chance v Wexford? If we can keep 15 on the pitch...
Who would be sent off? The usual?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

hurlingstick

I'd say that's a dig at EC of Cushendall

hurlingstick

They're named on County website so I'm guessing they're ok. There are 4 or 5 talented forwards who could be in that panel but aren't.

hurlingstick

I've 3 in mind who aren't there for various reasons. N. Elliott, S. McCaughan, B.McCarry.

hurlingstick

Ability/talent is the reason

hurlingstick

One is in Australia, I've no idea about the other two as to why they're not in the squad. What I am saying is they have the ability to be in the squad. There are other too.

hurlingstick

Can't agree with you on Carson. For such a big lump he does not win a lot of high ball. Id imagine KR has realised that and thus his exclusion (unless he is unfit). Any of the three I've mentioned are Pj's equal and some. I could be wrong however. PJ will play division 1 this year and we'll know more then.

hurlingstick

Ps - any 2 of the 3 i mentioned in for Daniel and Conor - that would be an impressive forward line

WTF u on about?

Quote from: hurlingstick on February 14, 2015, 09:58:12 PM
Can't agree with you on Carson. For such a big lump he does not win a lot of high ball. Id imagine KR has realised that and thus his exclusion (unless he is unfit). Any of the three I've mentioned are Pj's equal and some. I could be wrong however. PJ will play division 1 this year and we'll know more then.

Pj is a class act and would merit his place on the team no matter who else is in the panel. Saul a bit young yet as proved come championship time and I think Elliot's best place is around the middle of the field he had a great game there v lgiel in county final few years back.

hurlingstick

Yes you're right, I'm sure the Waterford, Limerick and Wexford defences will be having sleepless nights over PJ.

hurlingstick

Oh for goodness sake. You think PJ is great, I think he is average. Round in circles. How we beat Wexford.

hurlingstick

Go back to your comment on McKernan (pot kettle black). To be honest when you said our forward line was a bit lightweight (yet expressed your love of PJ in ff, who is about 10st) I switched off. Good night.

hurlingstick

Jesus, you really,really, really like PJ. I actually think he's a decent player.

hurlingstick

Think we've all the right defenders and midfielders in the squad (apart from Burke - Naomh Gall). In an ideal world we could add the aforementioned forwards. But like you said (several times) if your granny had balls!!!

Milltown Row2

Lets get real, there isn't as team in the county that wouldn't have PJ on their team, end off.... I've watched him played against him and referee'd him long enough to know he's a quality player. If he wasn't part of Clooney Gaels' they'd not be where they are today....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea