Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north aontroim gael

Quote from: NAG1 on September 06, 2013, 10:08:28 AM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 06, 2013, 09:54:56 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 06, 2013, 07:52:06 AM
Quote from: ArfurFoxAche on September 06, 2013, 12:04:04 AM
Quote from: Mcquillans supporter on September 05, 2013, 09:26:31 PM
@paddyc13: Club semifinals being played on sat night with a hour between throw ins in 2 different ends of the county. #MakesNoSense #Disappointing, just seen this on twitter hope its not true

That would be the football semi-finals.  Naomh Pol/Naomh Gall moved from Corrigan to Naomh Eanna at the last minute.  Apparently Corrigan is the only GAA ground in Belfast,other than Casement, with a Safety certificate - needed for capacity of 5000.  The non-availability of the stand means the nominal capacity is greatly reduced, thus making the staging of the game impossible.  All the other clubs can fire away as they are not certified by Belfast City Council.  Never knew that until tonight...

So why were the Hurling games brought to LD then?

I doubt very much if there was 2,000 at the quarter-final games let alone 5,000.

Think that was pretty much guaranteed by the selection of the venue. I would say you could have counted the number of St John's and Rossa supporters quite easily. Hardly a single neutral at the games.

Still sticks in my craw that this is supposed to be our Blue Ribbon event of the club season and we currently treating it like a joke.

Had these two games been in Loughgiel or Ballycastle they would of had double the attendance in my opinion.  One thing which was OK was the £5 entrance fee for the 2 games, I pulled up fully expecting to be hit with a £10 charge.

CastleCamog

Quote from: Glensman on September 05, 2013, 11:03:42 PM
Quote from: CastleCamog on September 05, 2013, 07:21:53 AM
Quote from: Glensman on September 04, 2013, 11:19:22 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 04, 2013, 11:03:26 PM
Two different bodies DR aren't gonna share a gate. That would only work if the camogie was played in Fr Barret and the hurling in Fr Healy. Would be a wise solution.

Makes sense!

So it makes sense for McQuillans to play Loughgiel hurlers in their own backyard in the semi final of senior championship...........I don't think so!!

Understand what ur saying with regards to the finances but just ain't going to happen. Camogie matches could be pulled forward in the day

Read above - suggestion was two camogie and Dall v Dunloy in Loughgiel (across pitches) and then to Dunloy for Loughgiel v Ballycastle.

Happy?!

Have read above......sorry where does it mention heading to Dunloy for Town v Shams semi?

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Glensman on September 04, 2013, 10:39:07 PM
Quote from: CastleCamog on September 04, 2013, 06:58:33 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 04, 2013, 03:38:36 PM
Where are the Camogie semi finals being played surely they wouldnt fix both them and the hurling for the same day / time / venue?

Senior camogie semi finals are fixed as follows:

Ballycastle v Rossa (2pm)

Dunloy v Portglenone (3.30pm)

Both matches are being played in Loughgiel on Saturday 21st September 2013

This will be nightmare for supporters and camogs if hurling & camogie clashes!

Could Loughgiel host a third game that day with the Dunloy v Cushendall after?

Make them earlier 1pm, 2.30pm, 4pm...then to Dunloy for Loughgiel Ballycastle at 6pm (would it be too dark? If so bring forward 30/45 mins?

A festival of Antrim hurling 4/5 miles apart!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Everything will be sorted for Monday.

Keep calm and hurl like fuk! :)
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

Could we not play them in glenbush? 8)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

Been there too many times, lets take it somewhere strange!
hurl like f**k boi!

Clan Colla

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 06, 2013, 02:17:54 PM
We are not going to move our stills to facilitate a match there, so be off with you.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Clan Colla on September 06, 2013, 08:45:47 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 06, 2013, 02:17:54 PM
We are not going to move our stills to facilitate a match there, so be off with you.
altnageeragh?

Glensman

Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 06, 2013, 11:21:21 AM
Where are the Camogie semi finals being played surely they wouldnt fix both them and the hurling for the same day / time / venue?

Make them earlier 1pm, 2.30pm, 4pm...then to Dunloy for Loughgiel Ballycastle at 6pm (would it be too dark? If so bring forward 30/45 mins?

Thanks North Antrim Gael.

Happy CastleCamog?!

Any suggestion on here is entirely irrelevant of course!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: The Memory Man on September 04, 2013, 12:46:17 PM
Typical North Antrim response!  Never worry about the bog ballers!! ;)  The sooner we embrace all GAA activity in the county and give up the self promotion, selfishness and work for the greater good we're going nowhere.  I would like to think even a handful of North Antrim Gaels (sorry hurling people!) might have a passing interest in the All Ireland Football Finals?  Maybe I'm just being naive?
I hear there was a real classic defensive game tonight between creggan and cargin. you can keep your bog ball.  :P

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 07, 2013, 09:16:10 PM
Typical North Antrim response!  Never worry about the bog ballers!! ;)  The sooner we embrace all GAA activity in the county and give up the self promotion, selfishness and work for the greater good we're going nowhere.  I would like to think even a handful of North Antrim Gaels (sorry hurling people!) might have a passing interest in the All Ireland Football Finals?  Maybe I'm just being naive?
I hear there was a real classic defensive game tonight between creggan and cargin. you can keep your bog ball.  :P

defensive certainly but f**k all classic about it ! There was near as many scores at Windsor Park last night FFS
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

CastleCamog

Quote from: Glensman on September 06, 2013, 11:10:43 PM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 06, 2013, 11:21:21 AM

Thanks North Antrim Gael.

Happy CastleCamog?!

Any suggestion on here is entirely irrelevant of course!

Would be happier if they would just fix the darn thing!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 07, 2013, 09:24:08 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 07, 2013, 09:16:10 PM

defensive certainly but f**k all classic about it ! There was near as many scores at Windsor Park last night FFS
28 men in one half of the field at one point. Can't wait for the final.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile