Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

they pick league games and submit names for championship games to CCC and county executive
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Friends looking tickets. any spare tickets give me a pm please
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CentreHalfBack

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 05, 2013, 11:09:28 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 05, 2013, 10:35:12 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 05, 2013, 10:07:34 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 05, 2013, 09:08:17 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 05, 2013, 08:59:45 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 05, 2013, 08:48:47 AM
What's the panic? Sure we have until Feb to get this played  ;)

Seriously though, how is it taking so long to get a decision on this, firstly they play the QF double header in a terrible venue and now this. We truly are starting look more and more like a shambles no matter what it is that we turn our hand too.

They are just finalizing the referees for the games ;D

I wouldnt be waiting by the phone MR2  ;)

No, I'd say those positions are picked already by the CCC who pick them

Tongue firmly in cheek there MR2 good luck to anyone who takes them on, I can see two rather feisty affairs.
The choice of ref could be crucial to the outcome of both ties.

Some team will have a gripe with whoever is picked to ref them, I think things will get easier next year with the chance to call back a a free after a few seconds

You need all the help you can get.
New season - new reason

Fairhead

Why doesn't the county board think about moving the county semi finals to the scheduled day of the final, the 29th? Push the final back a week to Oct 6th and then the Ulster semi is on the 13th. Could have the 2 semis where they should be, one in Dunloy and then the other in L'giel. I know theres replays to consider but it still seems a better option than having to schedule the 2 semis in to the 21st alongside the camogie matches which are a factor in this whole thing given 2 clubs are involved in both codes.

Mcquillans supporter

@paddyc13: Club semifinals being played on sat night with a hour between throw ins in 2 different ends of the county. #MakesNoSense #Disappointing, just seen this on twitter hope its not true

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Mcquillans supporter on September 05, 2013, 09:26:31 PM
@paddyc13: Club semifinals being played on sat night with a hour between throw ins in 2 different ends of the county. #MakesNoSense #Disappointing, just seen this on twitter hope its not true
I'd imagine that's football.

Mcquillans supporter

Hope so just seen people from cdall commmenting on it that why I thought it was hurling

Sleeping giant

Anyone any tickets for Sunday? 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Glensman

Quote from: CastleCamog on September 05, 2013, 07:21:53 AM
Quote from: Glensman on September 04, 2013, 11:19:22 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 04, 2013, 11:03:26 PM
Two different bodies DR aren't gonna share a gate. That would only work if the camogie was played in Fr Barret and the hurling in Fr Healy. Would be a wise solution.

Makes sense!

So it makes sense for McQuillans to play Loughgiel hurlers in their own backyard in the semi final of senior championship...........I don't think so!!

Understand what ur saying with regards to the finances but just ain't going to happen. Camogie matches could be pulled forward in the day

Read above - suggestion was two camogie and Dall v Dunloy in Loughgiel (across pitches) and then to Dunloy for Loughgiel v Ballycastle.

Happy?!

ArfurFoxAche

That would be the football semi-finals.  Naomh Pol/Naomh Gall moved from Corrigan to Naomh Eanna at the last minute.  Apparently Corrigan is the only GAA ground in Belfast,other than Casement, with a Safety certificate - needed for capacity of 5000.  The non-availability of the stand means the nominal capacity is greatly reduced, thus making the staging of the game impossible.  All the other clubs can fire away as they are not certified by Belfast City Council.  Never knew that until tonight...

NAG1

Quote from: ArfurFoxAche on September 06, 2013, 12:04:04 AM

That would be the football semi-finals.  Naomh Pol/Naomh Gall moved from Corrigan to Naomh Eanna at the last minute.  Apparently Corrigan is the only GAA ground in Belfast,other than Casement, with a Safety certificate - needed for capacity of 5000.  The non-availability of the stand means the nominal capacity is greatly reduced, thus making the staging of the game impossible.  All the other clubs can fire away as they are not certified by Belfast City Council.  Never knew that until tonight...

So why were the Hurling games brought to LD then?

north aontroim gael

Quote from: NAG1 on September 06, 2013, 07:52:06 AM

I doubt very much if there was 2,000 at the quarter-final games let alone 5,000. 

NAG1

Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 06, 2013, 09:54:56 AM

I doubt very much if there was 2,000 at the quarter-final games let alone 5,000.

Think that was pretty much guaranteed by the selection of the venue. I would say you could have counted the number of St John's and Rossa supporters quite easily. Hardly a single neutral at the games.

Still sticks in my craw that this is supposed to be our Blue Ribbon event of the club season and we currently treating it like a joke.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: NAG1 on September 06, 2013, 10:08:28 AM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 06, 2013, 09:54:56 AM

Think that was pretty much guaranteed by the selection of the venue. I would say you could have counted the number of St John's and Rossa supporters quite easily. Hardly a single neutral at the games.

Still sticks in my craw that this is supposed to be our Blue Ribbon event of the club season and we currently treating it like a joke.
We've reached an All Ireland Final so everything's ok...didnt you know that.

btdtgtt

The amount of consensus on the board recently with regard to fixture making being a joke speaks volumes!
Mirrored around every club in the county football and hurling!

Says it all.

As 2 Hands says - its ok because we're in an all-ireland final!
Oh the irony of Antrim complaining about fixture making for this!